Season 3 Has Vaughn Known That Lauren's Evil?

HeatherLOVESAlias

Lauren's Ugly Eyebrow
OMG REVELATION!!!
The Situation:
More evidence for why JJ is going to make vaughn have already known that Lauren was bad before her married her, thus, agreeing to marry her for the sake of spying on her to get precious intel to the CIA, and, in the process, perhaps learn something of his lover (sydney's) "death", while hoping to find clues from Lauren that syd might have still been alive.

1. In Epi 3:11, Kendall tells a confused, angry "julia thorne" at their first meeting after syd's disaperance that Vaughn has moved on...saying reluctantly, "syd it's been 9 mo.s"...perhaps he tried to make syd think that Vaughn really did move on in only 9 mo.s instead of telling her what i think is the truth: that vaughn married a woman who's linked with Syd's disaperance in order to find out what happened to his love. By not telling syd, kendall knew that syd wouldn't act rashly, wouldn't break vaughns cover with Lauren. (something that served his interests) This would also allow Kendall to avoid telling syd that Lauren might tell Vaughn what's really happened to syd. (syd REALLY doesn't want vaughn to know, as she says later in episode 11).
2. When the car passed by Vaughn and Lauren that night that syd saw them together, it could've been the CIA to check up on vaughn, making sure that someone as dangerous, and someone who's such a threat to the CIA, hasn't hurt him or attacked him. Also, the CIA could be checking up to make sure his cover with Lauren hasn't been blown. CIA could have also been following Lauren, making sure she doesn't meet with ne suspicious characters.
3. Vaughn quit the CIA after syd's death...maybe he did this to make it more believable to Lauren that he wasn't CIA, to make her comfortable with him so that she wouldn't think he was spying on her for the CIA. This way she would marry him and trust him. Vaughn was probably ordered by Kendall to "quit" so Lauren would believe Vaughn wasn't trying to rat her out. I mean, just remember how pissed Lauren was right when Vaughn eventually re-joined the CIA and started to see a lively Syd again...if this theory is correct, she must have felt very screwed, like her cover was about to be blown, especially because she was around all the people who could potentially figure her out.
4. Also...vaughn still completely loves sydney. there is no doubt about it and he couldn't have "just moved on" from the death of the one person he loved in a short 9 months. c'mon syd/vaughn shipers, surely you dont believe that. even weiss picked it up in the look that vaughn gave her right before their mission to Patagonia in "full disclosure". this could've been because vaughn desperately wanted to tell syd that he still loves her, that he's been married to lauren this whole time b/c he wanted to find out why/how syd died, thinking Lauren had a connection. I think Jack knows that syd's been missing since day 1, and he doesn't vaughn to tell her that he's spying on lauren and that lauren is the mole, b/c it would put sydney in an sh*tload of danger. This is why Jack's been telling Vaughn to distance himself from her for "syd's own good".
5. vaughn's only "out" of this love triangle, the only way that he can be redeemed in the eyes of the viewer and the eyes of syd and the rest of the cast, is this way. We will only be able to forgive him if we know that he never loved lauren, and that married her to find out info on syd's "death"/ dissapearance for the CIA.

Maybe I can see the future..maybe I can't...what do you think?

A. Did vaughn know Lauren was bad/ a mole before he married her, agreeing to marry her to give intel to the CIA?
B. Did Vaughn marry Lauren because he thought she was directly connected to syd's death?

I agree with you. Although, if Vaughn had been brainwashed by Lauren and/or the Covenant, then that would give him an out as well, and the whole situation would be none of his fault, so that could possibly happen.

brain-washing would give him an out too :blink: ...but i think that JJ wouldn't like that out b/c then none of it would be vaughn's fault, he wouldn't be accepting ANY responsibility for syd's pain...it would be a pus*y @ss way out excuse to get out of the love triangle. i think it might be too hopeful to believe that vaughn had no part whatsoever in chosing lauren as a wife even if its for the CIA. in my theory, he accepts lauren as a job...but he's still accepting her so he's not really pu$sying his way out of it, but accepting that making syd miserable was partly his fault. Sorry, excuse the graphic terminology hehe. :lol:

Yeah, I agree. I mean, Vaughn can't be totally blameless, regardless of what happened, he could have dumped Lauren as soon as Syd came back. Then again, what would that say about his character, especially if he didn't know she was evil? That would have made him look like a total jerk as well. So, the answer could be as simple as Vaughn was tired of being a drunk and being depressed, so he tried his best to move on with his life, and Lauren just "happened" to be there. But I keep thinking there has to be something more. I really do like the brainwashing idea.

Thats a good theory n i hope its true! i thought that 9 months was quick n he obviously still cares for syd, n yeah those people who drove past may have been workin for Kendall! N it would be mad if Vaughn was workin for Kendall, id be happy, coz i felt so sad when Syd saw Vaughn n Lauren together! :(

while your theory sounds really good and i kinda wish that would be the case, so syd and vaughn can live happily ever after...i don't think that's gonna happen. i think vaughn really did fall in love with lauren. granted, it was wayyyyyy too soon but he was on the rebound. he probably would have fallen for anyone at that point.

if lauren had a secret agenda, that's something completely different. vaughn couldn't have known about it. he was probably blinded by the thought that he could be happy again, ya know?

This theory, which I've suggested as an alternative to the "move on/out" theory, still leaves plenty of garbage for Sydney and Vaughn to sort through. After all, Vaughn had the gall to claim that they never kept any "professional secrets" from one another--and here's a whopper. Talk about issues of trust! And, sorry, if he's really her soul mate, this sort of personal issue should trump any professional ones. Further, although I've been told by others that Jack would be pleased with Vaughn for "pulling an Irina" on Lauren, I'd hardly think that he'd be particularly happy with a man capable of such behavior sharing a bed with his daughter--even if he didn't behave in that way towards her--he still brings that baggage into the relationship with him, and that's baggage that Jack is extremely familiar with--and knows the pain of. I can't say, yes, this solves all their problems and I hope this is what is happening--in fact, it might be worse for them in many ways than if Vaughn simply "fell in love" with Lauren.
:(

Boy, I've been going over this theory (and the other one's out there as well) in my head so many times, my head is spinning. As much as I would like to believe that he married Lauren as part of his job to finding Syd and "keeping tabs on Lauren", I just can't. I think unfortunately he really did move on and fall in love with Lauren. And here is my main reason....

When Vaughn first found out about Syd's involvement in Lazarey's murder (which we know now didn't happen), he was ordered by Dixon to keep it a secret. He was told not to tell Lauren. Vaughn was conflicted with this. Remember when Vaughn and Weiss were playing hockey and Vaughn talked to him about this secret he was keeping from his wife. He said he didn't like keeping secrets from her.

So I am finding it hard to believe that he married her as part of a "mission". This S/V shipper thinks it might of actually been for love. :(

Plus, he seemed pretty genuinely miffed when Jack had him and Lauren waylaid on their way to see Javier.
;)

I know that you shippers are hoping Vaughn didn't move on with Lauren on his own accord but I have to say that any brainwashing or spying would be really silly. There is too much of that going around as it its. I think Vaughn moved on from Syd in 9 months or less, fell in love with Lauren and married her. I don't think he has any idea she's bad or was brainwashed to fall for her. JMO

freakforalias said:
1. When Vaughn first found out about Syd's involvement in Lazarey's murder (which we know now didn't happen), he was ordered by Dixon to keep it a secret. He was told not to tell Lauren. Vaughn was conflicted with this. Remember when Vaughn and Weiss were playing hockey and Vaughn talked to him about this secret he was keeping from his wife. He said he didn't like keeping secrets from her.

So I am finding it hard to believe that he married her as part of a "mission". This S/V shipper thinks it might of actually been for love. :(

2. Plus, he seemed pretty genuinely miffed when Jack had him and Lauren waylaid on their way to see Javier.
this discussion is great everyone! here are my responses to the doubters: lol

1. this is a good point--but i think that weiss wouldn't know that vaughn married lauren to spy on her for the CIA because if vaughn wouldn't tell syd, he def wouldn't tell weiss...so vaughn was trying to keep his cover with weiss by making it look like he cared about lauren. it gets complex, but just imagine, if you were assigned this job and couldn't tell anyone that you didn't really love your wife but that you were spying on her, you'd do your damn best to make it look like you cared or were conflicted with things when concerning your wife b/c you need to cover your ass in the CIA.

2. same thing applies here---but i think that jack knows about vaughn's marrying lauren to spy on her mission, and vaughn doesn't know that jack knows about it. this is why vaughn defended lauren and got fake pissed off at jack for pulling that stunt during the Javier mission. he wanted to convince jack, much like he did weiss, that he was faithful to his wife and that he cared about her. the reason this fits into my theory is b.c...even though jack told vaughn to stay the hell away from syd, that doesnt mean that vaughn understood at that point that jack knew about his mission to marry lauren. vaughn knows that jack is protective of syd. so vaughn could have taken jack's comment on a more of an emotional note, like don't break syd's heart rather than what it really might have been, a don't even think about getting involved with or telling syd about your mission against lauren, note.

What does everyone else think? Did i disprove those comments? Is this a reach?

This seems a little bit far fetched to me, but it could be true. However if it was true, I don't think Jack would know about it. Plus, the only reason Jack told Vaughn to back away from Sydney was because as he said, "your kindness tortures her", because, as her father, Jack can see that Sydney is really destroyed from seeing the love of her life married to another woman.

Plus, marrying Lauren involved becoming truly intimate with her. I think the best explanation for this is that Vaughn did move on after 9 months, or even less than that. Weiss said on The Two or the second epi this season that Vaughn went out of the country and went crazy after Sydney's death. As a man, I can tell you that he might have even thought of suicide (I knew I would think about that a lot if I was going out with someone like Sydney or Jennifer and she died). The best thing for Vaughn to do was find someone new fast and try to move on by having the support of another woman who he would eventually learn to love as much or nearly as much as he loved Sydney.

If Vaughn believed Sydney was alive, he wouldn't cheat on her and have sex with Lauren! That just doesn't make sense to me, sorry to discredit your theory, but that's my opinion. Now, kiss me :kissme:

ivand67 said:
1. This seems a little bit far fetched to me, but it could be true. However if it was true, I don't think Jack would know about it. Plus, the only reason Jack told Vaughn to back away from Sydney was because as he said, "your kindness tortures her", because, as her father, Jack can see that Sydney is really destroyed from seeing the love of her life married to another woman.

2. If Vaughn believed Sydney was alive, he wouldn't cheat on her and have sex with Lauren! That just doesn't make sense to me, sorry to discredit your theory, but that's my opinion.  Now, kiss me    :kissme:
I would normally agree with you...but eveyone knows vaughn way too well to think that he could actually move on from syd in only 9 months. its not like they broke up or something, cuz then 9 months would have been ok, but she died. vaughn wouldn't and couldn't do that. no way.

here is my response to your points tho:

1. Of course jack would say something like "your kindness kills her" b/c he needs a reason/excuse to talk to vaughn about it without vaughn knowing that jack knows that vaughn's really married to lauren to spy on her. jack's intention, really, is not to spare syd from emotional meltdown...she's handled a lot of sh*t...but to protect her from finding out about vaughn is doing, causing her to know that lauren is bad and anti-CIA. jack does this b/c he needs to warn vaughn not to talk to syd about anything, this way vaughn can't tell her about lauren. jack doesnt want syd to know about lauren being bad b/c this would put syd in a lot of danger of being killed by whoever lauren works for, or by lauren herself...a little sniper action, ya know?

2. A part of my theory talks about this...you must have missed it. The point is, that when vaughn married Lauren and was assigned to do so by the CIA, he still thought that syd was dead. he thought this all throughout his marriage/relationship with Lauren. my theory says that he married Lauren, then, to hopefully get info about syd's DEATH, and maybe c if there was a possibility if syd was alive from Lauren. Plus, he loved syd so much that this wasn't cheating...she was dead or missing and he knew that and he would do anything, including marrying another woman, to find out something about syd's "death" that he didn't already know. he didn't exactly suspect that she was alive, i dont think.
Thats all for now! Plz respond!

BY THE WAY THANX PENNSTATECHIC...YOU'RE THE BEST!
:lol:

Back