How To Create a New Thread?

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
[Moved post to Feedback & Suggestions]

It's actually pretty easy! Just go to the forum that you're interested, for example, Open Chat, then in the upper-right hand corner of the page you'll see a (currently) red button labeled "Post New Thread". Click on that button and you'll be guided through posting a new thread in the current forum.

Here's an existing thread that you may be interested in. ;) How come we don't hear about recent alien abductions?

Tom

An Old Friend
I moved the post over for him to this forum so that anybody else searching for the topic would find it easily. ;)
Yeah, I saw that? He did manage to create a topic, even if it was in the wrong forum, right?
As far as I see it, the issue is not on HOW to create a new topic but more as to selecting the right forum to create the topic in? Or am I missing something?
The way I read it, Imzadi, Today at 3:38 AM created a topic and you moved it to this forum to afford others a topic for tips and suggestions on creating a new topic.
I have been admin at enough forums to understand that there is the ability for a moderator of sufficient privilege to create a topic in another member's name so they get credit for the topic. That is usually accompanied by notation that their reply was used as a new topic. Your notation says you merely 'moved' the topic that already existed.
Thus, I concluded that the author of this topic does indeed know how to create a 'new' topic.

Onto the subject at hand...

When creating a "new' topic it is always prudent to use the 'topic search feature' at the top right.
Kevin has enable a result list that uses your intended title to show topics of similar subjects.
While not every topic created is original it does help in minimizing duplicate topics.

Tom

An Old Friend
I understand now, I suspected as much. I have seen it done before but some of our newer members may not know that.
Chances are, if they are seeking guidance in creating a new topic this could cause them even more confusion.
How did they make a new thread if they don't know how to make a new thread?

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
I understand now, I suspected as much. I have seen it done before but some of our newer members may not know that.
Chances are, if they are seeking guidance in creating a new topic this could cause them even more confusion.
How did they make a new thread if they don't know how to make a new thread?
Other members wouldn't be confused as if they are seeking the same question then they'll (hopefully) stumble upon this thread which gives the answer to them.

Top Bottom