how to embed MP3s on a website

okay, well i know theres a code to embed an MP3 into your website, and i put it on mine, and the music plays fine on my computer but when i go onto my site on a different comptuer, the music will not play.
here is the code i used :
Code:
<embed src="C:\Documents and Settings\Maggie\My Documents\My Music\blub blub blub3.mp3" width=25 height=25 autostart=true repeat=true loop=true>

what am i doing wrong? :blink:

I don't know a lot about building websites, but as soon as I seen that you had "C:\Documents" in your code I could see what the problem is.
A C document is a document with in your computer.......therefore other computers cannot read the file if the file is only on your computer.

My friends who I help research a site with is an expert at this....I'll ask her, since she is adding MP3's to our site as well.

~~Spongy!

Just have the MP3 uploaded to whatever webspace provider youre using and take the uploaded link and put it in instead of the C:\ file. I believe that would work-- I hope :smiley:

November 13 said:
Just have the MP3 uploaded to whatever webspace provider youre using and take the uploaded link and put it in instead of the C:\ file. I believe that would work-- I hope :smiley:
thats how me and my friends did it

headspin said:
November 13 said:
thats how me and my friends did it
it's my blog...

i don't know how to do that!! can you explain how?

hmmm--- well I'm guessing then there isn't an uploading option to do that on blogs-- do you know anyone that has any or a lot of webspace? You can just ask that person to upload it for you and give you the link for it.

i have something called "HTML kit"
can i upload on that?
i read something in an HTML book about making a sub-directory and uploading it there? what's that all about?
help.......

Alias_Girl_624 said:
yea thats what i thought hmmm ne one know??
what type of blog do you have? if its a xanga, you can get midi file addresses by going to windowsmedia.com (hopefully you have windows) then type whatever song or artist in the search field, it will give music videos to watch of the music artist. you will see like 50k, 300, 56k, etc. below. right-click, and select "copy shortcut" and paste it into the music field in the look & feel. :D

I have a blog (i use Blogger) and I configured it so it uploads to my webserver. I can put up pics and stuff like that. What do you use? I'll try to help... otherwise, you can have some of my server space, though its hosted.

Back