I am a dweeb??

Docmdnite said:
i drink a lot. i tend to enjoy getting rather liquored up when raiding in WoW. i like drinking. i dont know, i just like it.

Ew, but I guess its better than getting high and playing Counter Strike -.-

I don't drink, and I don't smoke anything. That said, honestly, I can see myself becoming a heavy drinker late in my life. I mean, what else is there to do? Besides, that self pity's lookin' mighty comfortable right about now...

Anyway, yeah, I've only been invited to one party. That ended in my brother trying to drag me home because he thought that I might get into a fight with someone, me punching him in the gut, then us going home. Even that was years ago, though.

There's nothing to do here. When I say that, I mean it literally. Like, I might've been able to become friends with this one person that I talked to sometimes at school, but there's nothing to do, so it's like "What's the point?", ya know? Like, I could call them and talk, but that's, like, it. My point is, you've got friends, so STFU, asshole... :-L Almost joking, but not quite.

Seriously, I've had months to think about it, but I've been unable to think of a single activity that I could do that would involve leaving the house. Oh, and walks don't count because it's cold, and it's not worth it to walk around a place you've seen a thousand times.

Bottom line: Are you a dweeb? Yes. Now leave me alone so I can sit here for another couple months feeling like felgercarb.

blur said:
And who do you know who did that? :smiley:

I used to play Counter Strike pretty seriously...CAL for several seasons and such. Plenty of people in my clan, and seemingly everywhere like to do that to pass the time I guess...

:P

I think I need something to do. Sitting around the house is boring. Plus, you know, as long as I'm unable to think of anything to do, I'm unable to make friends. I'm not anti-social, it's just that being social requires transportation and entertainment, and I don't have either of those things.

What's something fun I could do with $300?

Kuzzle said:
What's something fun I could do with $300?

is there ANY bar or place where the young single people in your area hang out? take $40 and go hang out. watch the tv, play some pool something. have a drink near you, you dont need to drink it fast but have it there so you look like you are drinking. ya see some cute girls walk in, chat them up, maybe by them a drink. offer to play some team pool with them. and since you will be by yourself one of them will have to be your partner.

as far as just friends, see somoe guys playing pool, challenge them to a friendly game. chat them up while your playing. i have some friends i met that way.

also, become friends with the bartender. i did that, turned out he owned the joint. he eventually invited me to a poker game w/ him and ome of his buddies and now those guys are now my friends too. they are the one i go riding with on my motorcycle, when we go out on the weekends etc.

you are shy you say? dude so am i actually in real life. if being forward were a game i would fail.

Ok, I'm 17 and I don't drink. Also, the owner of the local bar is a total asshole.

I'm not shy, persay, I just don't interact with people often. I mean, when would I get the chance? I don't have a driver's liscence and it's the middle of winter...

Also, I know it's a little pathetic, but I was kind of more thinking of something that I could do with someone else. See, since I dropped out, I've kept in contact with someone that I knew from the high school. We talk around once a week, but I've been unable to think of anything to suggest we go do. Well, I thought of a movie, but it didn't work out with scheduling, 'n' whatnot. *shrug* Ok, anyway, if you can think of any activities, give me a heads up...

Oh, also, Nnem, while turning down a social gathering to play a Mud is "dweeb-ish", it doesn't make you a dweeb. What they were doing wasn't something that you enjoy, so I don't see how it would.

This probably doesnt help a whole lot but...

There are alot of movies coming out this year that look really good. I mean thats only like a once a month type of thing...

Plays are pretty entertaining, have you ever been to a local show?
When I was in highschool, before I moved out to Utah, I used to skate alot. Too much in fact. It gave me something to do, helped me meet new people, see new places...

I'm not very coordinated unless I'm tired. Which is weird, but I think it's because I don't overcompensate and cause myself to fall... Something like that, anyway. *shrug*

Also, plays are... not my thing. Anyway, thanks for the suggestions.

Kuzzle said:
Ok, I'm 17 and I don't drink. Also, the owner of the local bar is a total asshole.

yeah going to the bar is out.

Kusszle said:
I'm not shy, persay, I just don't interact with people often. I mean, when would I get the chance? I don't have a driver's liscence and it's the middle of winter...

how far are you from town, is a bus stop with in walking distance? is TOWN with in walking distance? and dont talk about cold, i lived in Western Montana for almost 4 years and i walked or bussed everywhere.

Kuzzle said:
Also, I know it's a little pathetic, but I was kind of more thinking of something that I could do with someone else. See, since I dropped out, I've kept in contact with someone that I knew from the high school. We talk around once a week, but I've been unable to think of anything to suggest we go do. Well, I thought of a movie, but it didn't work out with scheduling, 'n' whatnot. *shrug* Ok, anyway, if you can think of any activities, give me a heads up...

silly question but is this "someone" a girl? is she long distance or local? if she's local dude meet her at the local coffee shop for a coffee and a muffin. talk about old times to lighten the mood then ask her about some current happenings for her. i know you talk but it's different in person.

Kuzzle said:
Oh, also, Nnem, while turning down a social gathering to play a Mud is "dweeb-ish", it doesn't make you a dweeb. What they were doing wasn't something that you enjoy, so I don't see how it would.

because there was an opportunity, a gathering of people your own age and you chose to stay home and geek it up. look i've skipped out on my fair share of partying w/ my friends for a BWL run on a saturday night. but i have also skipped AQ 40 runs to go out and pimp it up w/ my buddies.

and yes sometimes i go to things i KNOW i wont enjoy enjoy. but it is about being out and meeting new people. trust me those people will have other interests, some of which might be in line with yours.

bottom line is this, you can keep complaining, we can keep giving you help and then you can come back and make excuses why those ideas wont work. i wont post again any ideas, i get the same thing here from the Iraqi's i advise. i threw out some advice, you can either use it or ignore it.

Docmdnite said:
how far are you from town, is a bus stop with in walking distance? is TOWN with in walking distance? and dont talk about cold, i lived in Western Montana for almost 4 years and i walked or bussed everywhere.

silly question but is this "someone" a girl? is she long distance or local? if she's local dude meet her at the local coffee shop for a coffee and a muffin. talk about old times to lighten the mood then ask her about some current happenings for her. i know you talk but it's different in person.

I'm a mile from town, and there aren't are bus stops within 200 miles of here. I live in Alaska, and it's been hitting more than 20 below... hasn't been this cold in years... :(

And yes, she's a girl. Neither of us are looking for a relationship, though, so the only way that changes anything, I think, is that it makes some situations more awkward than they otherwise would be. She lives about 20 miles away from here, in the town that I was going to highschool in, so... I'm not sure if that counts as long distance or local.

*sigh* I went to highschool for 3 1/2 years before quitting, and she's as close to a friend as I came during that entire time. I didn't get my diploma, I didn't make any friends, I spent the majority of my time there annoyed at the idiocies of the people in a system about which I could do nothing... I'm too close to having wasted 3 1/2 years of my life. Too damn close...

Back