Season 2 i am confused

okay, so what is the deal with irena? like the whole time from when she first time when she turned herself in i was like she is bad. irena is nothing but evil. and i can understand the whole her saving her life by getting her out of the building cause evil or not she still loves sydney to some extent. but the part that i am confused about is the whole the truth takes time. i am like well does that mean that she is good? or does it mean that she really is nothing but evil and that the fact that that is the truth is hard to deal with? i do not know??? well i guess i will have to watch to find out.

maybe "truth takes time" because it's trying to say that Irina lied to Syd for a long time and syd believed her even though she was faking it all. Like it takes time to realize the truth, or that Irina was evil.. I dunno it's just a guess.

AlIaSMVLuVa said:
maybe "truth takes time" because it's trying to say that Irina lied to Syd for a long time and syd believed her even though she was faking it all. Like it takes time to realize the truth, or that Irina was evil.. I dunno it's just a guess.
I agree with him, its eaither that or the truth will come soon

ChaIsabella said:
okay, so what is the deal with irena? like the whole time from when she first time when she turned herself in i was like she is bad. irena is nothing but evil. and i can understand the whole her saving her life by getting her out of the building cause evil or not she still loves sydney to some extent. but the part that i am confused about is the whole the truth takes time. i am like well does that mean that she is good? or does it mean that she really is nothing but evil and that the fact that that is the truth is hard to deal with? i do not know??? well i guess i will have to watch to find out.
When it comes to Irina, Confusing is an understatement.... I am right there with you. One ep she seems bad, one ep she seems good. It just goes back and forth maybe we will find out by the end of this season!! :blink:

That depends on what you mean by bad. She's a bad girl but she's not evil. It also depends on your perspective of evil. Imo, if she cares for Jack and Syd (which she does) that does not make her evil. And I think the whole "truth takes time" thing definetely means something good

Manu said:
That depends on what you mean by bad. She's a bad girl but she's not evil. It also depends on your perspective of evil. Imo, if she cares for Jack and Syd (which she does) that does not make her evil. And I think the whole "truth takes time" thing definetely means something good
OMG you are like omg I don't even have words to describe it that is what I'm thinking.

The whole Truth Thakes Time thing no that has to mean that in Time she will tell the Truth. at least I hope so.

To say good or bad is to oversimplify in my opinion. She is way too complex for that.
;)

verdantheart said:
To say good or bad is to oversimplify in my opinion. She is way too complex for that.
;)
I know. One minute she seems like she's not evil, and then she's evil, and then she's not evil anymore, and now she seems evil but you can't be sure...

The whole deal with Irina is that she is trying to get what she has wanted for along time. She doesnt want to let anything stand inher way. The love for syd is strong and it makes it harder for he to do things, she wont hurt syd but she will do anything to get what she wants. Thats what I think

I know I've said this many times before, but here it comes again.

I don't think that Irina is necessarily either good or bad. Those are two very black and white terms. I think that she is much too much of a complex person to label her either way. I think that just like Sloane, she has a set of moral and ethics, but they just aren't the conventional ones most people have. She certainly carees about people, but isn't afraid to hurt others either.

:angelic: Kate

:rolleyes: The word complex when describing Irina Derevko is an understatement. Jack is complex. Now Sydney has not had time to develop into a complex human being, so this on again off again trust me: truth takes time is a bummer to her. However, if it keeps up, she'll be right in the mix with Mom and Dad. :Ph34r:
Oscar Wilde said "truth is rarely pure and never simple". So when dealing with Irina, you can't be black and white. There are shades of shades of her truths and I bet they are never simple as we have seen episode after episode. :thinking:

I definitely think that Irina is evil. Did anyone forget the Rambaldi prophecy of the woman that will be like the biggest evil person eva. Remember, they thought it was Sydney because of the picture but she climbed that mountain and proved it couldnt be her.... it has to be Irina and that means that Irinal is evil... I mean Irina is the only other person that that picture and prophcey could be.... unless there ends up being a double of Sydney which I think is unlikely because I think after Francie they are done wit hthe whole double thing....

i'm not giving up on IRINA!!!! i refuse! ;0) i think that she is bad....but not evil...maybe deep down she wants to be good and is trying...maybe "truth takes time" means something different than that she lied to her....who knows. i'm rambling...and not doing a veyr good job at conveying my thoughts...so i'll stop

:rolleyes: I've said it many times, Alias fanatics, Irina is so complex, so driven, that she is many things and we won't know all until the end of the season AND, hopefully, not even then (If they plan to have Olin back...please, please). We don't know what the agreement was between Arvin and her, but I think it has to do with Sydney and maybe Jack in a way. Perhaps she would help him, if he didn't kill Sydney and Jack for being double agents...still I don't think she gave herself up to the CIA knowing in advance all this would happened. Those damn earrings!!! That might have been what was on the paper Sark gave to him in "Counteragent!" As the last episodes onfold we'll know more.
Gosh I love this show. :Ph34r:

Back