Icarus; Jesus Complex

Leslie

Super Fantastisch
Saw the movie and immediately knew there had to be some fic written for it. Checked the web and didn't find anything of quality. Not saying this is... My muse has been giving me trouble lately. :P But I figured I'd try...

Wrote the first one after being inspired; second one was more of something I thought necessary to kind of complete the picture. Not sure if either of them work, but I'll let y'all decide. ^_^

----------------------​
Title: Icarus
Fandom: Dawn of the Dead (remake)
Rating: PG
Words: 176
A/N: Ana POV

The question that consumes me now is whether to look or to look away.

So my eyes drift to the wavering reflection in the water below him. I can feel moisture on my cheek. Sea spray? The reflection screams at me; I can read the words on the side of the gun.

My heart stops as I bring my eyes back up to his face. He is glowing, his features indistinguishable, his head encircled by bright white light.

There is empty silence all around me. In excruciating slow motion, he brings the weapon up, holding it against his chest. He turns his head to the right; the sun follows him, painting streaks of fire in his hair.

In two seconds he is falling from his illuminated throne, his brilliance at once extinguished. We are further away now, and he is merely a dark spot on the pier.

The sun has turned blood red.

Now whatever I do, my head will not move, my eyes will not stray from that spot. I cannot look away at all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​
Title: Jesus Complex
Fandom: Dawn of the Dead (remake)
Rating: PG
Words: 198
A/N: Michael POV

I had never been very good at life. Three failed marriages, two kids without a father – these had been my legacies, my “gifts” to the world.

Who knew I would find my true calling in the midst of something such as this?

The mangled guts and spewed blood, the shells hot in my hand, the weight of that truck as it raced toward our salvation, propelled by hope and steel – I felt almost invincible, in the sense that I believed I would not, could not die until my destiny had been fulfilled.

Hah; I was right.

I am ashamed to say that in those last moments I mused vainly to myself about what it meant to be born for the purpose of dying. But you can’t blame me too much. After all, I was right there at the end of it all, watching the one woman I would never have forsaken float away from me.

I wasn’t able to pull the trigger until even the waning shadow of her form had been swallowed by the horizon and the rays of the slowly setting sun.

And in that last millisecond of my life, I felt nothing but paralyzing fear.

Back