ie vs firefox

Well, which is it?

• Internet Explorer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Firefox

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
bone up? as soon as I can get my own site to work in it I will gladly switch over. My dad's a comp engineer, works on servers and the like and says it's better, but if my felgercarb doesn't work it's out.

didn't know about a plug-in, Tommy, thanks, could you pm me if you know where I need to go to get it? :smiley:

Britt

FireFox anyday, the only thing i don't like about firefox is you have to use that sun Java program and that slows down my Pc...

Firefox sucks. It crashes constantly. Firefox is to IE as Windows XP is to Mac OS 10. I :love: my IE. :hug:

ETA: Made a poll for fun.

What the heck are you doing to make Firefox crash? :blink: I've had it crash just once and that was hardware-related pilot error. Was overclocking my memory WAY beyond spec. (I've since bought new memory.) =P

And listen, these were stable builds, release builds, wierd-o nightly builds from guys with names like "JeffNULL" or "{Shoo}", too. They've been solid as rocks... or... or melted safes!

the only way that I could make my firefox crash was when I opened too many image files at the same time and it just quit on me.

thanks vesh for the site. I can't get it open cause I my schools' stup*d firewall.

Well I want to say Firefox so I can sound slightly geeky and cool, but I have to say IE. I know it's a b**** sometimes, but I can't use firefox on my Mac 'cause it's too old. And I'm just more used to the buttons and look of IE I guess.

Jai :rain:

ETA: See post below.

"Upon discovering a version my computer can handle, I hearby retract opinion expressed earlier. I admit I was horrifically wrong in my original evaluation, and would like to grovel at the feet of Firefox until my knees are sore and bruised"

Jai :rain:

Vesh said:
Even though I despise the DLM in Firefox and think the program and its developers blow for not allowing the option of going back to the old separate windows under the Microsoftian pretense of being forward-thinking... it's still 88.232 times better than IE. I use Mozilla, myself. Not 100% Gecko, but still amazing compared to IE's rendering.
[post="1046419"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

This pretty much expresses my opinion. I like firefox because it generally loads faster, is more secure, and is the most effective at pop up blockers. But I often have trouble with PDF's that I download - I can view them but not save them. Theoretically I should be able to go to the desktop where they are saved and rename them to something, but the icons don't always show up. This is a major problem since I often have to access PDF's in the course of my work. I also wish I could separate windows, because I'm often switching between windows in the process of doing research, and it's more convenient when each window has it's own tab.

But the fact that pluses outweigh the minuses for me; I just use IE when I know I'm going to a site that has trouble with firefox or when I need to download PDFs.

Back