Season 4 If Irina died...who was jack chatting with?

in an interview JJ said that this discrepency was on pupose and it will be explained later ;)

[source: Entertainment Weekly]

well, he better have a great explanation of the Jack killing Irina story-line ... because I am still not convinced ... ;)

SkyGirl5 said:
in an interview JJ said that this discrepency was on pupose and it will be explained later ;)

[source: Entertainment Weekly]
[post="1165906"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

whoa
here's hopin
do you have alink 2 the interview?

Did Jack actually say when he killed her? The timeline problem with the show is becoming a problem really... Irena seems to be able to jump through time it seems. <_<

the time-line is the part we are doubting ... because we think that Jack was actually IM-ing Irina ... we are not sure ... could have been Katya ... pretending to be Irina ... maybe she was already dead, so, now the question is ... who's Jack covering for?

If it is Irina, then why would she all suddenly put a hit on Sydney, and how did Jack find out? and how did he kill her?

So, either way we stay confused because of the time-line ... so JJ better have a great story-line behind this ... ;)

Remember when Jack set Irina up in Season 2 with the explosives in Madagascar?

Maybe he set her up and killed her for what he did to him and Sydney.

Whatever the reason, its giving me a headach.

SkyGirl5 said:
[post="1165906"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
The discrepancy? Or the IM conversation?

Obviously, when they set up the initial IM conversation, they were hoping to get Irina back, so they could have had it be Irina at the time if the initial writing.

But it was not to be.

However, as a matter of making this work as "history," then either

a) Jack would have to have killed Irina at a later date (BTW Jack's enlisting Katya's help to rescue Sydney is a much greater indication that he believed Irina to be alive at an even later date)

or

b) The alternate theory, that Jack did not kill Irina at all (and did not know she was dead at this time), is the case.

As I've suggested, the likely poser is Katya. She is the one who represented Irina, for one thing. ;)

verdantheart said:
b) The alternate theory, that Jack did not kill Irina at all (and did not know she was dead at this time), is the case.

As I've suggested, the likely poser is Katya. She is the one who represented Irina, for one thing.  ;)
[post="1167299"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Well, what ever it is, Sloane knows something. Jack and his' discussion regarding telling Syd the whole truth is not something that should be swept under the rug. Knowing the connection between Jack/Irena/Arvin, its gotta be something big.

See, this is what drives me crazy. I have a thread for this. Actually last time Jack contacted Irina was in the "Hourglass"(ep 19). Here is what I don't get. It is not told when Jack supposedly assasinated Irina. I mean in ep 19 Jack asked Irina about The Passanger and Irina terminated her user account. This means that Jack must have killed Irina after ep 19. So somewhere between ep20 and ep22. Like Jack couldn't have killed Irina before "Hourglass" because if he indeed had killed her before, he would have known that the person he was talkin' with on the chat(in Hourglass) wasn't Irina. But it really looked like he did think it was SpyMommy. He even told Syd that Irina terminated her user account. So it must have been Irina.
Also I can't figure out how the SAB 47 documents got to the Wittenburg vault so fast and how Lauren knew about the documents.

ANY COMMENT? CURIOSITY IS KILLING ME!

SpyDude said:
See, this is what drives me crazy. I have a thread for this. Actually last time Jack contacted Irina was in the "Hourglass"(ep 19). Here is what I don't get. It is not told when Jack supposedly assasinated Irina. I mean in ep 19 Jack asked Irina about The Passanger and Irina terminated her user account. This means that Jack must have killed Irina after ep 19. So somewhere between ep20 and ep22. Like Jack couldn't have killed Irina before "Hourglass" because if he indeed had killed her before, he would have known that the person he was talkin' with on the chat(in Hourglass) wasn't Irina.  But it really looked like he did think it was SpyMommy. He even told Syd that Irina terminated her user account. So it must have been Irina.
Also I can't figure out how the SAB 47 documents got to the Wittenburg vault so fast and how Lauren knew about the documents.

ANY COMMENT? CURIOSITY IS KILLING ME!
[post="1171220"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Yeah, that's a noodle scratcher. I really, really hope this is explained because it seems like a large flaw if its not.

Posted this elsewhere, but it's relevant. Here's what I think:

I reckon that in her missing two years, Syd was forced by the Covenant to kill Irina, but that she somehow survived. Jack knew what Syd had been forced to do and kept quiet. When, in 'Succession', he contacted Irina he said 'Glad you're alive'. All through S3 he knew she was alive & was helping her fake her death, but knew the truth about Syd's mission would come out, which is why he put in SAB47 that he was her 'killer', not Syd.

In other words, it was Irina he was talking to. But, obviously, in real terms, the writers were still hoping Lena Olin would come back in S3 & by S4 they thought she weren't, little knowing she'd agree to be in the finale. Anyway, like I say, I think it was Irina.

Well, isn't there a rumor floating about that Irina will return for an ep as Lena Olin wants to tie up the loose ends.

I'll have to go find that article.

Back