interactive emotes

z80

Cadet
I would like to see emotes that are interactive and fully animated. Just make it so the emotes are easily interrupted by just moving and make some of them require the cooperation of another player. for example a hand shaking emote where one person holds out their hand to another player and the other player must click the hand to accept and once accepted the handshake animation will play. A cry on shoulder emote that animates you crying on the targets shoulder but is easily instantly interrupted when the target moves the hug emote would work the similarly. I always thought the female gnomes in WoW were cute and wished I could carry one around, it would be cool if we could do that in HJ. It could work like the handshake one except once you click the hand you will be picked up and carried. This could also be a good way to move corpses of friends to a safer rezzing spot. None of this has to be in at launch and can even be added gradually over many months.

How do you feel about interactive emotes?

I would love to see some in the game, in any game. But their not as important to me as getting the game out... so the basic emotes at game release, with interactive ones released later would be kewl too.

~ Jaraeth

Matrix Online does some great emotes like this. They have strut emote where you strut around with your shoulders around, and some other great ones. They have /dap where you do a cool handshake with another character, hug, and a bunch of other stuff that are interactive with other characters.

I LOVE EQ2's emotes. They have quite a bit and most of them are animated very very well. They even have quite a few with voices attached. You can moon people, fake a heart attack, heel click, choke, and tons more. Although I would love to see some interactive emotes that can be done with other players. Naturally they'd need to be promped to participate in such an emote. Otherwise people will be locking you up in animations lol. And they should prolly only allow it for people you are partied with. I wanna see the flying chest-bump!

I would also rather see an earlier release date than have interactive emotes right away. Leave them for one of those seamless updates.

Back