Introduce yourself thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I most often use Sylvado as my character name for games, and the character is always a ranger. I have not played an online grahpical game since the original NWN on AOL. Actually it was PCLink when I started on that service. My gaming experience does go back to Pong and I wasn't that young then. I have been playing Dragonrealms from Simutronics since 1996.

Hi folks,
My name is Mike, Im 30 yrs. old and I support my residual self image as a cook in RL. I've lived all over the world, but currently living in Shirley, Arkansas, USA after having moved from Ontario, Canada recently. My first MMO was actually Asheron's Call 2 when I was in college in Tempe, Arizona at Collins College for Cg and Animation. Ever since then, I have been hooked on trying as many different types of MMO's out there and now prefer to only subsribe to one at a time and particularly the fantasy genre such that HJ is. Before MMO's, I was an avid console player all the way back to the atari systems, I especially used to enjoy Pitfall. My interest in MMO's became gradual when I finally bought a PC in 1997.

I was heck(not sure about moderation here, lol) on my first PC so I taught myself how to fix and build my own and have had the PC I now use for about 7 yrs now. I've upgraded it alot with the new motherboard, graphics card, etc. but its basicly the same PC. My MMo gamer type is the guardian and team player really. I enjoy after reaching a certain level, going through easier areas for me to look for younger adventurers who might need assistance. Not to simply hand the quest to them or make it easy for them, but to help if they need it, not only if they just want it. I have no tolerance for griefers, pk'rs, or farmers/bots. If the option is there and I am able, I will gladly take out those individuals to clear up the air for more decent gamers. Overall I am easy going and have unlimited patience(excluding those mentioned above), and want to just enjoy the journey, not the destination when adventuring.

Welcome Duraenos! We are definitely glad to have you. Regarding moderation, you may use any words that you like, but if we don't they'll show up as a series of hyphens. Can't wait to see you posting around the boards :smiley:

Edit: That is to say, as long as the words are appropriate.. if you're just using bad language to use it you won't have very legible posts...
(- --- - --- ---- -- < what is that? Morris Code instructions? lol)

lol, thanks for the warm welcome. I'm glad to find a good resource on info about HJ. There seems to be alot of great information to read through. As far as the language goes, Im pretty mild on my cursing unless I'm referring to getting portal ganked in AC2...baaad memories, lol. Although it did end up being more challenging once I ended up with my own dragon pet there and would be the one waiting for them to try to gank me, then to their dismay, they would be the ones running for the hills, not I, lol. It didnt always work, but the times it did work was very satisfying.

Welcome everyone! And Sylvado, glad to see you join us here B) Feel free to poke around and speak up folks, good conversation and healthy debates are always welcome!

~ Jaraeth

I am Roeth. 38 years old. My wife and I have played Gemstone III in the past for several years. She actually found an in game gemstone while playing...We've also played Federation on AOL back in the day (2 years), UO (6 months), Everquest (1 year) and Dark Age of Camelot (3 years). Got really excited to hear that Simutronics was going to make a new game. I am hoping its alot like Gemstone only with graphics...use to love opening boxes. Seemed like all the characters in Gemstone actually had a role to play unlike most games nowadays. Looking forward to HJ!

Welcome Roeth! Good to see we're getting more, and more people with a history of Simutronics on their hand!

Pietoro reporting! I'm a 24 yr old housewife, longtime console RPGer and recent MMO player. WoW is my first (and current) mmorpg, though I read up on all the other games out there to keep up with the news. I also played Horizons for a while.

I'm looking for more of a 'open world' MMO, because even though I love WoW's story, it's very much a 'game' where there isn't much freedom or ability to be different. Horizons has a lot of nice concepts, but also a lot of boring grind. I hope that HJ will be the game I'm craving. :smiley:

(And its pronounced Pea-et-oro, btw) ^^

Hello all.

Well add yet another to the list of those craving a new gaming thrill. I'm up here in Michigan and am in communications for a living. I've been playing for some 4-5yrs now starting with Starwars Galaxies (my very first mmog) then EQ2; neither of which i play any longer. I guess i'm kinda in a game lull and HJ seems to be the only interesting thing on the horizon. Hope to see you all soon...

Welcome Pietoro and Thea, we hope to see you in game soon :-D (hell we hope to see anyone in game soon)

Welcome Thea, and Pierto! Glad to see more, and more people are engaging in our forums! Make sure you dowload all of the Hero's Journey movies that you now have access to in the 'Hero's Journey Movies' forum!

Also be sure to go into the 'Off-Topic' forum, and go into the 'Yo, where you at' thread, and post what state you live in so we can see where everyone is coming from!

Again, welcome to the forums!

Hello All,

I starting playing Gem III when it was um reallly expensive. Yea I was AOL but before free and yes I know the Genie folks also were not to pleased but oh well. My characters were Seith and Seiv <rogues> and I used to love hanging out in the Central Tree watching Thalior cursed maim and kill every empath that tried to heal him and watch Jesh and Blades get into stealing contests. They were definately good times and I look forward to trying out HJ.

Erik from California

Welcome to Hero's Hall Seiv. I think you'll notice that we have a lot of ex GS, and DR players on these forums, and you might recognize some. Anyways, enjoy the forums, and make sure you post your ideas becuase the Simutronics staff does read these forums.

Hello, my name is Jess. I've followed Simu ever since they ran their games on AOL. I played GSIII for about 5 years but then quit when it switched to IV for some reason. I love all sorts of MMOs and I'm really looking forward to HJ!

Welcome to Hero's Hall Jess. I really hope you enjoy Hero's Hall, and the community. If you ever need anything let a mod, or myself know, and hopefully we can get things taken care of.

Havn't posted in this thread yet, so here goes.

I'm a 23 year old gamer that started playing RPGs back in the days of Dragon Warrior 1-3 for the NES. I really got into the Final Fantasy titles numbers 4(2 in america), 5, 6(3 in america), and 7. I am also somewhat into certain FPS games such as Half Life 2, which started with an intrest in Wolfenstein 3d and Doom. I also enjoyed a few strategy games througout the years such as Warcraft 2, Starcraft, and Command and Conquer. I've also played quite a slew of RPGs for the SNES, PS1, PS2, and Xbox.

I got into the MMOG genre back in '95 paying hourly on AOL playing Gemstone 3. Then, when Simutronics started advertising DR on the login page for GS3, i gave it a whirl and was instantly hooked. I think it was the unique system of learning skills as you used them that got me, along with it being my first experience of being in a huge online world with other people.

I tried eq1 in '99 when it first came out but dropped it like a bad habit in only a couple weeks to go back to DR.

Around 2003 a few of my friends started playing Final Fantasy Online, so i quit DR and started playing that. After a few months i became quite unhappy with the game and really started looking forward to EQ2, which I bought and played until a few months after the first expansion pack.

A little while before I quit EQ2 i started following Vanguard. Then, after discovering the new hero's journey project from mmorpg.com my interest in Vanguard started to wane(for reasons i ca... err, won't go into) and my interest in HJ started to grow, and grow...

And here I am now, anticipating HJ more than any game I have ever anticipated.

I reopened my DR account shortly after i quit eq2. Partially because I didn't have any other game to play, and partially because I read it would help my chances getting into the HJ beta. In DR i'm a Human Moon Mage named Shadowin Darmius :D . I'm also currently in the beta test for Hero Online, a game i'm finding to be quite decent considering it will have no monthly fee.

So thats pretty much me and why i'm here on these forums. I'd also like to say best of luck to Simutronics with HJ. I realize the future of their company rides on this game, and as a paying customer for almost a decade i have a genuine interest in their well being as a company. And of course, i'm counting on them to finally come out with an MMO that i can stick with as long as I did Dragonrealms.

So here's to Hero's Journey and the future of Simutronics!

Shadow Zero I really enjoy your posts, and glad you are here at Hero's Hall. Enjoy the forums, and welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back