Do you think Jack is Covenant?

• Yes, he's the head of the covenant

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

• No

• Total voters
nope, i don't think he's Covenant. but he has a lot of explaining to do (that makes two fo them) and it BETTER be good.

i'm not giving up on Spydaddy and jumping into conclusions yet.

btw, what's the difference between "yes, he is the head of the covenant" and just "yes"? is the yes meant for "yes he is covenant, but not the head of the covenant"?

freakforalias said:
verdantheart said:
If he's Covenant, why not have Lauren killed so she won't spill the beans
But didn't he indirectly by way of Vaughn?... Jack seemed awfully anxious for Vaughn to "take care" of Lauren. As Sydney said, and I had even thought, it seemed like Jack was coaxing Vaughn into a situation that he could never do himself (in regards to Irina).... But knowing what we know about the cliffhanger, maybe there was a little more behind it.
Exactly - if Jack is Covenant (whether its a baddie or black CIA ops group), maybe he is truly the master manipulator and not Sloane as we've always been led to believe.

Hence with Vaughn disposing of Lauren at Jack's urging, Vaughn gets it accomplished providing a means to an end without having to do the dirty work himself but having the authority to cover it up (ie classifying the interogation tape)...

I never thought he was Covenant - the documents said CIA, so why assume they're Covenant? :blink:

The whole thing makes my head hurt, but I still truly believe that the fundamental relationship between Jack and Sydney won't change. This seems to mean that he's been aware of her nature as being connected with the Rambaldi prophecy since her birth, and that the CIA also knew about this. It doesn't mean that Jack is Rambaldi-crazed, does it? He could have accepted the position as project director knowing that he would use it to protect Sydney. But I'm not going to hurt my brain too much by trying to think about this - I'll wait for V's column so that most of the initial thinking is done for me! Then I'll go from there. ^_^

*IriS* said:
nope, i don't think he's Covenant. but he has a lot of explaining to do (that makes two fo them) and it BETTER be good.
Doesn't he always? I just hope Sydney gives him the chance!!! He's done a lot of "bad" things for very good reasons. :(

Azalea said:
I'll wait for V's column so that most of the initial thinking is done for me! Then I'll go from there.
You're giving me an awful lot of credit . . . I hope I deserve it . . . :lol: I already almost made a mistake, but I've figured out where I went wrong. ^_^
✌️

ivand67 said:
Those were CIA documents, right?

Unless it's fake and it's not even real -- maybe the Covenant put those documents in there.

But I don't think they'd do something like that for the Season Finale.
Yey! I was reading the whole thread hopeing I wouldn't be the first to hint on this. Just because the letterhead says "CIA" doesn't mean it is, I mean if the Covenant can create all the fun techonologically advanced stuff they have--the certainly can recreate letterhead easy enough. So saying they are CIA documents because they say CIA isn't really proof.

Having said that, I don't believe that Jack is working against the CIA, but that leaves the question of whether or not the Covenant is or isn't maybe CIA. I don't think it is...but this is Alias....

hmmm i don't think so. i don't see jack working on the "bad guys" side but on the bad of the "good" guys side. if that makes any darn sense.

Is Jack part of the Covenant?
I don't think so - that would make a lot of things that happened in season 3 pointless, like when Jack discovered Lauren was the mole.

I think it is much more likely that Jack is involved in something regarding Rambaldi - but not the Covenant...I just don't see how that could fit. Clearly he's up to something and he knows more than he's been telling, though.

no. nuh uh..no way is jack evil, and no way is he covenant..jj KNOWS if he did taht then he show would go down teh tubes...-_-

Assuming Jack has anything to do with the covenant is a leap. The only thing that the document indicates is Jack was doing this for the CIA. This could better explain why the CIA trusted Jack so much season one when Vaughn and Syd thought Jack was a mole. This also could explain why Jack has gotten away with so much with the CIA because Jack is very important to the CIA running a key project.

Jack could be working for a secret part of the CIA, the Trust, the followers of Rambaldi, the covenant, another known or unknown group, or himself.

I doubt Jack as head of covenant as the covenant has tried for Syd’s life too many times. The followers of Rambaldi have to have a leader so that is a possibility. Jack still being loyal to the CIA is still very possible as Sydney was a CIA project.

At least a first Syd will have to assume Vaughn was planted on her by Jack and Vaughn’s father so Syd will not be able to trust anyone.

I think that Jack is somehow involved with the Covenant but the thing I don't understand is that then why would those files be CIA files? :blink:

then again like a coulple of people said above, maybe Jack is somehow involved with Rambaldi and the whole Prophecy.....:thinking:

Im still debating over like a billion ideas about Jack and what the cliffhanger meant...

I dont think Jack is covenant, like some are saying, they were CIA files signed by him. And it has to be real, as Jack said he didn't want her to find them.

As far as Vaughn being invovled is concerned, yeah, he heard the #s, but I doubt he told Jack. Jack knows everything about everybody and where they are and where they're going. He already knew Syd might find out (remember his skepticism to let her go after Lauren...he knew she might find something out), he can easily track everyone, esp his own daughter. What I'm wondering is if it's true that he suspected Lauren might tell Syd about him, how did he know she knew? He has to be working w/ someone who knows that Lauren knows things. There's always so much complication.

luvspydaddy said:
i´m so sorry but can someone tell what the covenant is??? :blush: :blush: :blush:
The organization that Lauren worked for. The new terrorist organization. Not only that, but Julia Thorne (Sydney was Julia), she also worked for them. Sark was the head of the North American Covenant cell.

Hi from a first time poster

I believe Jack is head of Covenant. He can not be a mere low level agent, he will never be happy with such a position based on his skills as a game theorist and overall agent. I think Covenant is a cia cover, where agents are lied to believe they are working for a terrorist organization while really working for the cia. This is possible because it has been done before at SD6. Jack has years of experience feeding a similar lie at SD6.

jays_der said:
I believe Jack is head of Covenant. He can not be a mere low level agent, he will never be happy with such a position based on his skills as a game theorist and overall agent. I think Covenant is a cia cover, where agents are lied to believe they are working for a terrorist organization while really working for the cia. This is possible because it has been done before at SD6. Jack has years of experience feeding a similar lie at SD6.
So, please explain:

1. Why he had to go through the aborted hit attempt on Sloane at Katya's behest if she's working for him
2. Why we see Jack apparently realizing (privately) that Lauren is covenant if he must know she's Covenant
3. Why he goes to great lengths to save Sloane's life when Covenant strategy is to kill him

These are just off the top of my head. I suppose I could think of several more if I thought about it. :confused:
✌️

I think Jack is playing solo , playing to his own agenda. I think that he wants to wipe out the people that would threaten Sydney, both in the CIA and Covenant. And the only way to do that is by being part of that group. I don't want to speculate on the specific reasons why, except he has a secret relating to Sydny that is connected to Rambaldi. Also, why does he have a stash of arms and cash that even Bin Laden would be proud off ? We never really knew what those cyrilic codes meant in the book from season 1 , apart from that they where directives to kill. We all beleived Jacks explanation , but in light of the events in resurrection, it deserves closer examination.

Back