Is Vaughn willing to cheat? And is Syd?

jems

michael's widow in mourning
OK so i just watched The Getaway - one of my fave episodes - and i started thinking about Vaughn. When he goes on the date with Syd he is still seeing Alice, in fact, when they kiss in Phase One he is also still with Alice.

If he is willing to cheat on ALice then will he be willing to cheat on Lauren?
And is all this cheating cos he's a naughty boy or cos it's Syd?? What do you think???

Also - in all the threads about a s/v affair everyone keeps saying Syd won't go behind Lauren back, that she's too 'nice' - but she didn't seem to mind kissing Vaughn when he was with Alice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY POINT - THERE IS STILL HOPE FOR S/V!!!!

Vaughn's relationship status with Alice was never definite in season 2 because the writers were trying to make S/V's relationship move to the romantic stage but not at the beginning of the season. Prior to Getaway/Phase One I didn't even consider the existence of Alice, to me, she was like a plot device to allow more UST between Vaughn and Syd. I can't remember, but did we ever receive confirmation from Vaughn that he and Alice were still involved? I know Alice said she was his gf in Counteragent but after that it seemed to move to a more friendship/supportive relationship. Even Vaughn said in Double Agent that even though they broke up that morning it was over a long time ago which seem to imply that their romantic relationship was over way before but they were dragging it out.

Most important factor is that Vaughn wasn't married to Alice, but that doesn't mean he can cheat on her. Again, their relationship was sorta ambiguous so it was hard to tell whether they were going out and how serious their relationship was.

thanks caro.

i'm getting bored of all the moralists saying" he can't cheat on his wife" why can't he!!! he's just a guy after all, who lets face it, has done some pretty shady things to the women in his life.

i still love him btw ;) .

jems said:
thanks caro.

i'm getting bored of all the moralists saying" he can't cheat on his wife" why can't he!!! he's just a guy after all, who lets face it, has done some pretty shady things to the women in his life.

i still love him btw ;) .
:raiseshand: I guess I qualify as one of the moralists because I oppose Vaughn having an affair with Syd.

I can't agree with you that just because Vaughn is "just a guy after all" he has the right or is obligated to cheat on his wife, imo. But what I can agree with you is that I want to S/V together again and there's still hope for them. ;)

hey hang onto your morals jess. it seems i lost mine somewhere a long time ago. i'm dying for a s/v affair!!!!! the steamier the better. ;)

Oh, I'm hangin' on to my morals for dear life I tell ya :lol: I've been reading alot of posts wanting S/V back together even it means they have an affair and I'm afraid I might convert! :lol:

Let's just spread the S/V love on both sides of the track ie. those with morals and those barracking for an affair, and then we'll all do Weiss' happy dance when they get back together ;)

I think that's settled ^_^

jess said:
Oh, I'm hangin' on to my morals for dear life I tell ya :lol: I've been reading alot of posts wanting S/V back together even it means they have an affair and I'm afraid I might convert! :lol:

Let's just spread the S/V love on both sides of the track ie. those with morals and those barracking for an affair, and then we'll all do Weiss' happy dance when they get back together ;)

I think that's settled ^_^
totally agree!!! :D

s/v forever!

I'm not a moralist or anything (atleast i don't think i am) but you know jems said "the steamier the better", I doubt that would ever happen...I don't really want an affair like them kissing and stuff behind Lauren's back but what I do want is that everyone knows that they both (s and v) love each other...well at least that everyone (like the ppl the work with them/are around them all the time) to know that Sydney loves him...does anyone get what i mean..?

I think that Vaughn could, but I think it would be very hard for Sydney to--Vaughn would lose a lot in her eyes if he did.
-_-

there is a GOD!! hope for Syd and Vaughn yay. can't wait for season 3 to come out in England....i dunno what SkyOne are playing at...they shud start showing it soon or i'm gonna protest or something lol.
the only way i survive is watching season 2 on Five.....
also.....who says he can't cheat on Lauren, Syd and Vaughn's relationship was way better than V and Ls so i reckon he shud cheat on her....BIATCH!!!lol

I don't necessaryly think that they should have an affair, but right now I want them to talk about the feelings that are obviously not dead. And if they happen to 'trip' and end up kissing, well it's all good. But nothing more, that just proves that Lauren's fears are true. I am assuming of course that she is afraid that she will lose Vaughn to his love for Syd.

verdantheart said:
I think that Vaughn could, but I think it would be very hard for Sydney to--Vaughn would lose a lot in her eyes if he did.
-_-
I agree.

i mean yeah he did kinda cheat on alice, but havign a girlfriend isnt always quite as serious as having a wife

I agree with Ellis on this!!
I think Vaughn and Syd should talk about their feelings for the moment. Though I think they both know how they feel without saying a word.....:locked: :2love:
An affair would be so unlike Syd and her moralitys....and Vaughn would never do this to Lauren...... And I think its diffrent now then it was back then with Alice cos she was just his girlfriend and Lauren is his wife. Although watching them having an affair behind Lauren´s back would be so cool :tvhappy: I doubt this is gonna happen. because on the other hand it would confirm Lauren´s fear about Syd being a threat for her marriage......and everything is better than Lauren being right!!!
:smash: :siren: :cuss:

Sydney would never allow Vaughn to cheat on his wife, even for her. In Prelude, Syd was the one that pulled away from Vaughn, so we know how she feels about an affair. Plus, if Vaughn did cheat on Lauren, it would prove that he does not value love or marriage, as he should. I don't think that anything will happen with Vaughn and Sydney until long after he and Lauren are divorced.

okay, i really don't think that syd and vaughn should have an affair, it just wouldn't be right. And if they did, things would be even more awkward at work... definitely not good. That said, I'll admit I was yelling at my tv for Syd and Vaughn to kiss in Prelude... I just can't wait til they're back together!

Back