Drama James Bond: SPECTRE

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
Ooh, the return of Bond cars with gadgets! :D

A cryptic message from the past sends James Bond on a rogue mission to Mexico City and eventually Rome, where he meets Lucia Sciarra (Monica Bellucci), the beautiful and forbidden widow of an infamous criminal. Bond infiltrates a secret meeting and uncovers the existence of the sinister organisation known as SPECTRE.

Meanwhile back in London, Max Denbigh (Andrew Scott), the new head of the Centre for National Security, questions Bond’s actions and challenges the relevance of MI6, led by M (Ralph Fiennes). Bond covertly enlists Moneypenny (Naomie Harris) and Q (Ben Whishaw) to help him seek out Madeleine Swann (Léa Seydoux), the daughter of his old nemesis Mr White (Jesper Christensen), who may hold the clue to untangling the web of SPECTRE. As the daughter of an assassin, she understands Bond in a way most others cannot.

As Bond ventures towards the heart of SPECTRE, he learns of a chilling connection between himself and the enemy he seeks, played by Christoph Waltz.​

I don't think I've really enjoyed a Bond movie since 'View to a Kill'. I hated the Dalton ones, and the Brosnans weren't much better (imho). Craigs have been okay but too serious. hope this is good.

I don't think I've really enjoyed a Bond movie since 'View to a Kill'. I hated the Dalton ones, and the Brosnans weren't much better (imho). Craigs have been okay but too serious. hope this is good.
I also did not care for the Dalton movies. I wouldn't call them bad as much as they were bland, forgettable.

The Brosnan movies I think suffered from taking themselves too seriously. Brosnan was supposed to be the next Bond years before when he was doing Remington Steele but even after Remington Steele was cancelled the producers wouldn't let him out of his contract (the series was officially on 'hiatus' status) so he couldn't do the Bond movies then. Years later when he finally got the chance the whole Bond franchise was in a bit of mess and then stuff like Bond driving a BMW was just wrong (product placement won out over Bond history).

The Craig movies really rebooted the franchise in that the portrayal of the Bond character was closer to the Fleming novels versus the last couple of decades of movies that relied more upon gadgets than story telling. Don't get me wrong, I loved some of the gadgets over the years, but the gadget heavy movies really wouldn't hold up as classics (except for Moonraker, no matter how silly it was! :P).

Back