Jen and Scott on US Cover

I always dreamed about cute onscreen characters getting together in real life :love: but with everything that's happening now I think that i'll stick to dreaming, reality is too painfully complicated :thinking:

There was a time when marrage vows were sacred and if you were married in the cathlioc religion then you were not allowed to get divorced. Couples married or not have fights what they should do is go back and think about the root of their love, 'Why they fell in love' and 'Why they agreed to make this commitment in the first place and then go and try to talk things through.

'For better, for worse, In sickness, and in health, Till death do us part'

Good luck to JG and SF either way that they choose

:eek: Statistics show that everyone goes through that "itch" thing. They also show that people who do not act on it...i.e. divorce...are happy 5 years later..after the itch passes. Too bad we live in this throw away society. Not happy? Return it for something you like better. People should not fall in to that catagory.

I say this because Jennifer herself said all the time how WONDERFUL Scott was. So either she LIED or she needs to revisit what made him so wonderful and he likewise should do the same.

I think they could work it out. They just need to listen to each other and not the Hollywood Media and Fans and OTHER LOVERS!! (if there ARE any!) :angelic:

I agree with glimmerofhope and spunkyspy. I really hope the allegations are not true and perhaps JG and SF can work it out. It puzzles me why JG would continually report what a great guy SF was and about their happy marriage if things were indeed on the rocks. Why not leave it alone and direct the interview topics around work projects. I kind of feel that it was a bit of a media ploy for her girl next door image. Don't flame me for saying that - I hope it isn't true but that's how this deception makes me feel. I think that's why people were so shocked about their separation.

mystery_chick said:
I totally agree with Jojo. not that i want JG's marriage to go down to hell. But it's Jen and Scott's decision. If they want to get divorced then that means that they're not right for each other. You can't force two people to love each other.... and as for JG and MV if they're dating GREAT! we see them making out on TV any ways, if they're up to it, then i'm all for it
--mandy :angelic:
I completely agree. I read that JG and MV go bike riding every morning at 4 am. I dont know if this is true, but I read it in Teen People. I think it would be great if JG and MV got together. They seem comfortable around each other, and they make a great onscreen couple. Don't get me wrong, Scott and Jennifer seemed happy, and I was very sad to hear that they split, but I think that MV and JG still would make a great couple. Does anyone else agree?

Alias Elle said:
I know they're supposed to be together on the show, but I don't think MV and JG are actually together in real life. JG and SF haven't even officially divorced yet, which I really hope doesn't happen. The worst part is, MV is getting dragged into this dilemma because of his position on the show... :(

~Me :angel2:
I agree, i think it's sad for the two of them for the obvious but then he just gets dragged in a lil, but even though we're talking about other ppl we've never met's personal lives, i just hope they're happy with whatever decision they make.

At the grocery store today, I read the US article... I never really liked that magazine. But their whole thing on the body positioning was interesting and I actually found some merit in it. But they called MV a "player"? Umm.. sure. :thinking:

Thanks to 'myguardianangel' (jojo) for the "amen" on my comment a thousand pages ago! To SpunkySpy, um... is there something wrong with pursuing happiness and wanting to be happy with a mate? LOVE Milferd's response -- you're a wise one, huh? cool. All this chatter about JG, SF, MV is fun and that's what we're supposed to do here, I know, but... haven't any of you ever had a relationship basically come to an end, although you still liked or loved each other? And... haven't you (guess I'm really talking to spunkyspy and freelancer) haven't you ever STAYED in a relationship because you WERE remembering all the great things that brought you together, but...ultimately, you realized some kind of action needed to be taken - like leaving?? If you're youngsters, (no malice intended) but if you're youngsters, then, okay, I can see how you might not understand this part of life. ;)

ok I read the article and it has this secion saying how is michael vartan and it talks about him then it show three picture of jen two with scott . It says at the bottom of both of them about how far apart they walk from eachother and how they do seem to be growing apart. Then the other picture shows mv and jen and she smiling and seems really happy. I think they are trying to make it seem like scott and her were not happy I bet they really were and the nedia is just trying to turn everything around.

glimmerofhope and spunkyspy good points on relationships.

I feel that it is very important people know that they are very likely to hit periods not loving each other. Unfortunately the romantic cultural ideas of a soul mate and the idea that you might have problems but you will always love each other cause surprise to way to many. This is made worse by the few that do seam to fit the romantic cultural idea but unfortunately there is a good chance you have to be born with the traits to do that and the vast majority are not.

Problem is people do not really understand how powerful the itch can be and that it is completely natural to feel dislike or even disdain for a partner. So when they feel that way they assume that they must be wrong for each other and break up. Way to many think marriage to be right you would not be miserable at times.

Problem with talking things out is the good feelings at the beginning might be from the fall in love instinct and not from logic so it can be very hard to work out something that was not compleatly real to begin with.

I say this because Jennifer herself said all the time how WONDERFUL Scott was. So either she LIED or she needs to revisit what made him so wonderful and he likewise should do the same.
Do not have to lie to do that. Jennifer’s instincts said that when she was in love with him she found those things to be great but when Jennifer’s instincts changed to you are not in love with him she found the prior things no longer good for her. This is why third party opinions can be helpful at the beginning to get more objective views on compatablity.

There was a time when marrage vows were sacred and if you were married in the cathlioc religion then you were not allowed to get divorced.
That was the opinion of the state and the church. Unfortunately if you study further you find out the good times never were, there just was more cheating and more miserable people staying together instead of divorce. There was a more hypocritical approach to what society put in the paper and told the young about how things were.

I admire if not agree with the old catholic ideas as they did not assume that everyone was cut out for marriage or that you would be happy being married. In the former the catholic idea was to remain celibate and in the latter you were expected to suffer in a bad marriage and it might not ever get better but be a test of belief.

For better, for worse, In sickness, and in health, Till death do us part

This makes sense as part of a set religious beliefs. But these religious beliefs do not promise you will be happy in marriage but you will be rewarded after you die if you stick to it. (I can quote a lot of New Testament on this)

This is why I am not wild about abstinence programs in schools because striped of the religious values marriage loses its meaning. The sixty’s did not come from nothing. The sixty’s were a response to the observation of the kids of the hypocrisy of the fifties and noting that many peoples lives emotionally ended at thirty as they conformed to societies norms but were miserable. I am afraid that from what parts of abstinence programs I have been exposed to they may work some but are going to cause lots of cynicism latter as people find out the programs are filled with poor logic and find themselves married and miserable.

Also what we are trying to do with the kids has never been done before in history. The last time marriage was societies standard in the forties and fifties most people got married right out of high school if not before. For the few who went to collage marriage followed immediately. Also woman had few rights. The idea that you should stay abstinent till married at 25 to 30 and not warning the kids that the idea of abstinence in the church meant a commitment to never have sex in your life if you did not meet the right person has never been done before.

ceegee
Thanks for the praise. The only problem is the more I learn the more I realize how much I do not know.:thinking:
  haven't any of you ever had a relationship basically come to an end, although you still liked or loved each other? And... haven't you (guess I'm really talking to spunkyspy and freelancer) haven't you ever STAYED in a relationship because you WERE remembering all the great things that brought you together, but...ultimately, you realized some kind of action needed to be taken - like leaving

Have observed and experienced both. See my comment above on Jenifer telling both the truth in the past and now for your second point. As far as leaving is concerned you are making the choice to try to be happy latter if you stay you have a good chance to become happy again but on the other hand you may never become happy again so it is important you have a religious belief to fall back on.

I am a Christian but my beliefs could be stated as liberal and so I would say do not fight your nature and go. If children are involved the Europe solution of taking lovers probably is better than breaking up though until the kids are qrown.

Just a little note here, these threads will be closed if anyone:
1)starts to speculate on why Jennifer and Scott separated

2)expresses happiness in the separation

3)expresses that they hope Jennifer and Michael begin to day

4)spread rumors about Jennifer or Michael (which includes stating: "the magazines say....")

I read this and it talks about Jennifer and Michael !!
Chicago Sun-Times Online:
Garner may be moving on after split with Foley
April 9, 2003

If you're holding out hope for a possible reconciliation for the newly separated "Daredevil" star Jennifer Garner and her hubby Scott Foley, it may be time to give it up.

Friday's edition of Us Weekly, which chronicles the breakup in its cover story, reports that a source says Garner already has begun dating her "Alias" co-star Michael Vartan. The magazine quotes a friend of the actor, who starred in the Chicago-shot "Never Been Kissed" opposite Drew Barrymore, as saying, "[Vartan] has been in love with [Garner] for years."

Did you not see my above post?

As for that:

1) Its none of our business
2) As of now, its only a rumor (and hopefully stays that way)
3) No where in US Weekly does it say that they have begun dating. It does mention that Michael may have a crush on her, but it does not come out a and say they are dating.

Please remember that this is all speculation. It is none of our business to continue spreading this rumor.

Back