Jen as CIA Poster Girl

Yes, the article talks about season 3, but then mentions the start of a season in Australia, which they say is 3, but is almost certainly actually season 2. So, shame on them for confusing everyone.
;)

couldn't it be just like the premiere of a movie, that they showed the season 3 premiere in a theatre, so that the cast, and some other important people could watch it? because I absolutely don't think that it aired on television in australia!
...just a thought...

maartje

hi i'm back..
I got that thought from these lines:

It was a decision, Garner says, on the eve of the third season premiere in Australia on July 28, that was easy to make. "There was no choice for me, I play Sydney Bristow; that's my day job," Garner says.

It's said here that Jennifer Garner was at the third season premiere! on july 28...
what do you guys think??

maartje

er... vh is right: it has to be the SECOND season premiere. there's no way that australia could get the third season premiere before the U.S.

Why are they using Jennifer Garner as a poster girl for the CIA when "Alias" is so divorced from reality? If people join thinking they're going to be Sydney Bristow, they are in for a disappointment, I think.

i definitely agree with this. true, recruitment posters for the armed services can be misleading as well, but this is just so far from the truth that i think it's almost ridiculous. bin laden's name has been dropped once in the entire series and it wasn't even relevant.

with the current mess the real cia is in, going to hollywood and using a fictional character as their poster girl looks rather desperate in my opinion. i mean, do people really look at sydney and have an urge to join the cia so they can go running around the world looking for missing artifacts from an inventor/prophet who lived in the 15th century (or whenever it was)? obviously, i love alias (why else would i be here), but wouldn't a show like "the agency" be more accurate? the cia is just cashing in on jennifer garner's popularity to try to gloss over the mess they're in, in my opinion.

Wow, that would take some pretty ignorant people to think they'd be doing what Syd does when they sign up! That's just stupidity out the wazoo!!

well, i'm not saying there's anything wrong with wanting to work at the cia. it's just that you should go in knowing what to expect and what not to expect. of course, with the cia, everything's a big secret, so who really knows. still though, if you go in thinking you're going to be next sydney bristow, you should rethink things. (and i'm just saying "you" in general, i'm not speaking to anyone in particular.)

dutch sydney bristow said:
hi i'm back..
I got that thought from these lines:

It was a decision, Garner says, on the eve of the third season premiere in Australia on July 28, that was easy to make. "There was no choice for me, I play Sydney Bristow; that's my day job," Garner says.

It's said here that Jennifer Garner was at the third season premiere! on july 28...
what do you guys think??

maartje
If you go back, I got it from an Australian that they're just starting to see episodes with Lena Olin, which is season 2. This is an error. Plus, production on the third season just started last week (per TVGal), so there could hardly be a finished episode ready to air on July 28! Journalists make errors all the time and fact checking is a lost art--sadly.
;)

I'm from Aus. It was a new article but there was a typo. The second season started last night. Finally :D . It has only taken us a year to get new episodes. We only a few commercial networks over here. The network that airs alias decided to run 24 at the begining of the year instead of alias. I had to endure a year straight almost of 24 and no alias. It was torture.

AliasBub said:
I'm from Aus. It was a new article but there was a typo. The second season started last night. Finally :D .
See?! Articles often have errors these days. Glad you finally (!) have Alias back!
:D

Jen knows a good thing when she sees it. ALIAS has certainly help her career and help some of the other actor/actresses rekindle their own!!! ;) :smiley:

Jen is on a hot streak and has talent it seems that Hollywood is beginning to take notice of her traits! (y)

As for the government and the CIA, well I suppose it is patriotic, but I think that they want young people with the same talents as Sydney and I imagine not many qualify for the job. It takes exceptional people to fill those kinds of jobs. But my admiration for anyone who risk their lifes for the good of their country or citizens in general!

Well here is hoping for six or seven seasons of ALIAS! (y) Seven to Ten is usually the max for any such TV series! :cool: :D

We are all rooting for you Jen -- give your new puppy a hug for us!!! ;) :rolleyes:

Lynne

Back