Jennifer Garner and Halle Berry testify at the at the California State Capitol in Sacramento

Jennifer Garner and Halle Berry went to testify at the at the California State Capitol in Sacramento, California to ask the Assembly Judiciary Committee to support of a bill that would limit the ability of paparazzi to photograph children of celebrities and public figures, Tuesday, Aug. 13, 2013.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/entertainment&id=9205396
Halle Berry, Jennifer Garner push for paparazzi bill
Tuesday, August 13, 2013
http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/images/ktrk/cms_exf_2007/automation/images/9205402_448x252.jpg
Actress Jennifer Garner, right, describes how paparazzi aggressively follow her and her three children daily, while testifying before the Assembly Judiciary Committee in support of a bill that would limit the ability of paparazzi to photograph children of celebrities and public figures, Tuesday, Aug. 13, 2013 at the Capitol in Sacramento, Calif. Garner and actress Halle Berry, left, urged lawmakers to approve SB606, by State Sen. Kevin de Leon, D-Los Angeles, that would change the definition of harassment to include photographing a child without the permission of a legal guardian. (AP Photo/Rich Pedroncelli)

Two big actresses are asking California lawmakers to support tougher penalties on paparazzi who harass celebrities' children.

Halle Berry and Jennifer Garner spoke about how mobs of paparazzi posed a danger to their families.

http://www.ontheredcarpet.com/Jenni...-talks-stalker-scare--paparazzi-Photo/9205262
Jennifer Garner gets emotional, talks stalker scare, paparazzi

08/13/2013 by Corinne Heller

Jennifer Garner got emotional on Tuesday, Aug. 13, while speaking before a California State Assembly committee about paparazzi harassment and her experience with a mentally ill stalker who she says threatened to harm her unborn child while she was pregnant several years ago.

Garner spoke after Halle Berry, a pregnant mother of one, who talked about her own experiences and stance about the paparazzi in a bid to push legislation that would make it more difficult for photographers to approach children without their parents' permission. Critics say harsher penalties could infringe against free speech and also disrupt news gathering.

The 41-year-old actress shares two daughters aged 7 and 4 and a 17-month-old son with husband and actor Ben Affleck. She referenced their ages during her speech.

*edited to remove hotlinked images and reduced quote of article as per Fair Usage guidelines. ~ Azhria Lilu*

Last edited by a moderator:
I cant stand either of them personally, they're both terrible actresses to be honest i'm surprised the media is remotely interested in either of them, I know I'm not..lol (n)

Btw, you do realise that not only have you posted the article in its entirety which is seriously frowned upon as its copyrighted material, but you're also hotlinking the pictures which is a massive no no these days..... you could get this site into a whole lot of trouble for posting things like this....:facepalm:

I cant stand either of them personally, they're both terrible actresses to be honest i'm surprised the media is remotely interested in either of them, I know I'm not..lol (n)

Btw, you do realise that not only have you posted the article in its entirety which is seriously frowned upon as its copyrighted material, but you're also hotlinking the pictures which is a massive no no these days..... you could get this site into a whole lot of trouble for posting things like this....:facepalm:
Ehh what? Your copyright laws are seriously weird if what you say is true... Not even Sweden's copyright laws are that bad..

Ehh what? Your copyright laws are seriously weird if what you say is true... Not even Sweden's copyright laws are that bad..
Fair Usage policy states that you can only post word for word part of an article unless you have the consent of the author to post something in its entirety. As per the Fair Usage documentation:-

Can I copy an entire news article from a commercial news web site and post the article on my web site?
The fair use doctrine, as currently interpreted by the courts, probably would not entitle you to do so. Even though news items are factual and facts themselves are not protected by copyright, an entire news article itself is expression protected by copyright.

As for the hotlinking of images, that's just bad netiquette. You don't hotlink to someone else's images without their permission since its their bandwith you're eating up.

Fair Usage policy states that you can only post word for word part of an article unless you have the consent of the author to post something in its entirety. As per the Fair Usage documentation:-

As for the hotlinking of images, that's just bad netiquette. You don't hotlink to someone else's images without their permission since its their bandwith you're eating up.
It doesn't get implemented that way in Sweden anyway. Although I'll admit that as a moral dilemma it might be better to just paraphrase parts of it and then link to the original source. Not strictly illegal in Sweden though.

Copyright laws are so shady overall anyway. Lobbyists and their interpretations are funny to read sometimes.

It doesn't get implemented that way in Sweden anyway. Although I'll admit that as a moral dilemma it might be better to just paraphrase parts of it and then link to the original source. Not strictly illegal in Sweden though.

Copyright laws are so shady overall anyway. Lobbyists and their interpretations are funny to read sometimes.
there's also the added part of while I personally am in the UK, my host is in the US so we come under the US laws for this.

The US isn't anal about it except for low level networks or morally bankrupt ones, like News Corp. The only thing Halle Berry has done that reminds people of her is her showing off her chest in Swordfish.

Back