Jennifer Garner Interview

M

mystery_chick

from Vartanho.com

Hollywood’s new shooting star Jennifer Garner (31) on powerful women, her failed marriage and why she likes Leonardo DiCaprio.

JOY: Do you enjoy beating men up?

Jennifer Garner: (laughs) Why?

Because in “Daredevil” and on “ALIAS” (ProSieben, Tuesdays 8.15 p.m.) you play women who bash about wildly.

Right. And I think there’s a lot of me in these roles. I like strong, intelligent women. I can’t stand these snivelers. I’m rather tough myself but I really only knock men around in movies.

Apropos of men- you’ve split up with you husband Scott Foley after just two years of marriage. What was the reason?

It’s just difficult to preserve love. Sometimes it volatilizes faster than you’re able to build a nest together. I work 80 hours a week, that doesn’t leave a lot of time for the emotional life.

Is that a reason why ‘Hollywood-marriages’ fail so often?

Certainly. You scarcely see your partner and when you’re at home you just want to sleep because you’re so exhausted. That my marriage broke down because of that is the first big failure of my life.

Your husband was also said to be unable to cope with your success.

Unfortunately my husband’s TV show was a flop here in the USA. That seems to make it even more difficult for men to deal with a woman’s success.

Is there something true about the rumors of you fiercely flirting with womanizer Colin Farrell while filming “Daredevil”?

(blushes) Colin is a great guy, very charming but we are really just colleagues, nothing more.

Did Jennifer Lopez sometimes visit the set?

No. But Ben was always on the phone during breaks talking to J.Lo. They are totally in love with each other. Very cute.

In “Catch Me If You Can” you were allowed to kiss Leonardo DiCaprio who now worships about you as “the new beautiful face of Hollywood”. Does that flatter you?

Of course, and I can understand why women like Leo so much. He’s charming, handsome, he respects you as a person. He’s not one of those guys who try to hit on you right away because they think they are a star.

Now you are a star yourself. How does it feel?

Well, driving by some 5 meter high poster of myself on Sunset Boulevard is quite insane. Especially when I think about me working as a waitress in Hollywood in the past and running from one casting to the next in my breaks.

Are you an ambitious person?

Yes, I’m bad at losing. That’s probably the athlete in me.

You are said to be a very strong woman. Were there phases in your life when you had less self-confidence?

Sure, which woman doesn’t have them? I didn’t even have a full view mirror in the bathroom until recently because I was never satisfied with myself. Now I forgive myself there rather.

But your body is perfect!

Because I try to squeeze in workouts 3-4 times a week. Thereto Kung-Fu training and moreover I do a lot of Yoga and ballet. I love dancing.

Do you do all your fight scenes on “ALIAS” yourself?

Most of them. That’s why my whole body is often bruised. I only let my stunt double do the job when I’m really afraid to break my bones. That happens like once every three episodes.

How can someone tell that you aren’t feeling good?

From my eating demeanor. When I stuff myself with candy, ice cream and chocolate I don’t feel good. When I eat lots of vegetables and salads everything is alright. Today, for example, I had onion soup with salad- so everything is just fine. (laughs)

What do you do when you’re not working?

Believe it or not, but I almost turn into a little homemaker. I’m a passionate cook and I take care of my house and my garden.

Would you tell us the recipe for your success?

The most important thing is to never doubt yourself. You always have to keep fighting, believe in yourself, never give up- no matter what. Then success will work out too.

WOW, that makes me feel real good! I CAN DO ANYTHING!:super:
*jumps off a building and tries to fly...................hits the ground and has to be taken to the hospital* :stretcher:
Well, almost anything! :blush:

Wicked interview, one of the best i have read.

She really is completely down to earth!! Homemaker by day, fights crime by night.

Good luck with the stunts jen!

:D Thanks for posting the article mystery_chick.

^_^ parts I like about the article:

mystery_chick said:
...I’m rather tough myself but I really only knock men around in movies.

...Your husband was also said to be unable to cope with your success.  Unfortunately my husband’s TV show was a flop here in the USA. That seems to make it even more difficult for men to deal with a woman’s success.

...I only let my stunt double do the job when I’m really afraid to break my bones. That happens like once every three episodes.

...How can someone tell that you aren’t feeling good?
From my eating demeanor. When I stuff myself with candy, ice cream and chocolate I don’t feel good. When I eat lots of vegetables and salads everything is alright. Today, for example, I had onion soup with salad - so everything is just fine.

...Believe it or not, but I almost turn into a little homemaker. I’m a passionate cook and I take care of my house and my garden.

...Would you tell us the recipe for your success?
The most important thing is to never doubt yourself. You always have to keep fighting, believe in yourself, never give up - no matter what. Then success will work out too.

;) The "recipe for success" part is my fave! Thanks for sharing the recipe Jen! You're indeed a "passionate cook"!

It sounds like Jennifer was unaware of the every four year on average break up instinct. She and Scott broke up almost exactly at the four year point from falling in love. It is completely normal to fall out of love at that point and for your brain to start looking for excuses for the reason if wants to move on. Not saying this is the reason but all people need to know that it is normal for the love to die totality every so often in a marriage and then you have to stick on a try to rekindle it.

The ego problem is also a natural male reaction that we need to educate to over come. There is a direct correlation to how successful a women is to whether she can stay married.

Or you can chose like me and know marriage is fictional where love is concerned and decide not to try. As Loni Anderson just said on the subject. It is nice to know that both people are coming home because they want to not that they have to.

ETC Thanks mystery_chick I corrected it.

when mel (*twinkletoes*) finds out that Jen does ballet, she's gonna be like ' that is like, totally cool! oh yah, uh huh, weiss dance'' lol, inside thing anyways, yah that interview was sweet, obviously it was done beofre she and MV got totgether...

ems

wow, she someone to look up to. It's nice to know that Jennifer is such a great person on the screen, as off the screen.

Now i have the urge to have soup :lol:

Back