Season 3 Julia Thorn - alias?

A

AliasALIAS

Sydney has never used Julia as an alias either at SD-6 or the CIA.. She was Julia while she was missing for two years.

Sark says that Syd has used Julia as an alias, but he was in CIA custody during the two years. Did he have anything to do with Syd's disappearance, or did the Covenant inform him of it?

When Sark told Javier Perez about Jack ... I could only imagine that Javier did show him a picture also of Julia ... Sark knowing Syd ... would have told him that Syd was CIA and that she has been using a lot of aliases and Julia Thorn is one of them ... he wasn't the one that told them that directly... in a way he told them, by having Syd's picture shown to him ... ;)

i think Sark saw her in a missing link - thats how they found Vaughn and knew he was CIA and also why simon had to give sark the bio stuff early.

sark is no dummy you know. and he respects Syd's work - he probably figured she'd help simons team get the bio stuffy. it's pretty cool though that he didn't rat her out to simon before jack showed up. hmmmm, i wonder why that was?

yea -- i don't remember sark saying anything about seeing syd as julia. i remember him seeing jack and thats prolly when the whole julia thing came undone cause javier put two and two together.

I agree with Alias_Gay. Javier knew that "Warner's" referral was through Julia, so it's likely that he showed her picture to Sark too--besides, they had her with Vaughn, who they knew was CIA. He never stopped being suspicious of her, despite Simon's confidence, so he probably had a photo handy and wanted Sark to run her too. They just didn't show that. How else would Simon get the intel right then? No way.
;)

I may need to rewatch the episode for a recap, but I still don't understand how Sark knew about Julia. Even if Javier showed him a picture of Syd, Sark would not know about her identity as Julia, but he says that Syd commonly uses Julia as an alias. How would he have known this?

When Jack met Simon the first time he said the he knows him because Julia Thorn recomended him. How did he know the surname of Julia?

AliasALIAS said:
I may need to rewatch the episode for a recap, but I still don't understand how Sark knew about Julia. Even if Javier showed him a picture of Syd, Sark would not know about her identity as Julia, but he says that Syd commonly uses Julia as an alias. How would he have known this?
Sark doesn't, but that doesn't matter because Javier does. Javier finds out from Sark who Julia really is just as he finds out from Sark who "Warner" really is and relays the intel on both to Simon (Sark isn't talking to Simon, Javier is). Somehow that just doesn't seem so hard to compute to me . . .

When Jack met Simon the first time he said the he knows him because Julia Thorn recomended him. How did he know the surname of Julia?
Yeah, I wondered about this, and the subject came up in the "da shooting" thread. Here's my response:

michaelvaughnsgirl_ak said:
Like how did he know Julia's last name was Thorn?
Frankly, I was wondering how he knew the last name too because it hadn't been mentioned in the previous episode--but he showed her the video, which was a whole lot more traumatic than (and just as huge a lead as) any name! My impression is that it is part of what Sydney learned during her time with Simon, but that was either left on the cutting-room floor (time considerations, perhaps) or left off-screen.
Seems to me that Jack really was trying to get information out of Walker. He had to know her last name was Thorne somehow. It may be one of these details that was considered too unimportant to need to show the gory details of--but since we Alias fans obsess over and dissect every minute detail of the series looking for clues, any oversight, clip left on the cutting room floor for time considerations, etc. becomes an immediate source of speculation. :P
;)

See my post above yours. It contains some speculation about that.
;)

well as i see it, those are all possibilities, but none are for certain. Sark has a weird obsession with Sydney. part of me feels like he wouldn't risk her life like that. but perhaps he would. or perhaps he figured she wasn't in any immediate danger, and she could handle Simon. but it's a good question.

verdantheart said:
See my post above yours. It contains some speculation about that.
;)
I meant specifically Sydney, not the CIA or Jack. I don't think she's ever mentioned knowing her name

I think maybe Julia is an alter personality of Sydney and that Sydney really has a Disocciative Identity Disorder (Multiple Personality Disorder) after all the tauma that happened to her.... to read more about my thory go to General under the topic "Theory About What Happened to Sydney!, DID?" I don't want to double post ;)

Back