Just Plain Awesome

Skyheart

Cadet
Here's a question for everyone (hopefully it hasn't been done before):
What sort of things would you like to see in a MMORPG that are just plain awesome? I'm not referring to intricate details like sword sheaths and active NPCs, but epic work-for-50-levels-to-earn-it awesome.

When I first started playing MMORPGS, I badly wanted cloaks. The original EQ didn't have them, and I am very much a cloak-wearing sort of guy. I finally got that in Dark Age of Camelot (though cloth physics have improved by leaps and bounds since then).

Now, I'd like to see wings. Wings that you can customize to fit the style and color you want, and that will be incorporated into emotes (e.g. spread wings, enfold self in wings). After you earned them, you could slowly build up the ability to fly, until you are able to soar across entire cities. Maybe you could even buy bladed armor for them and use them as weapons. I realize this is an unrealistic hope for HJ (unless they are magical wings, perhaps), but it would still make me incredibly happy.

Anyone else?

I want something to do throughout the game that is independent of questing and grinding that is FUN. I am very tired of quests and grinding as the sole gameplay at this point.

Player Created Content - Instead of making it for us, make the tools for use to make it ourselves!

• Player Made Houses - A classic desire for many mmo players.
  • Player Made Animations/Emotes - Ragdoll physics put to good use.
  • Player Made Weapons - Unique looks, specialized types, etc.
  • Player Made Clothing - Unique looks, unique animations, unique verbs, etc.
  • Player Made Foods - Great for roleplay! Some freshly grilled hrr'pao! Yum!
  • Player Made Fluff - Tabards, Crystal Flowers, Bric-a-brac, curios, and whatnot.
  • Etc.
~Dune~

I like the player made content idea. To make it worthwhile, there'd have to be some kind of duration or limit on production. At least for the mechanics related stuff like weapons.

OOOH That would be SOOO COOL!

Every warrior that has this certain wyr can do a flame sword move with a default animation when you do it... something like raising your hand to the sky, sword turns into flame, then you swipe it across you for xxx damage...

But anybody could make movements and animations that they can attach to any move they want. You can attach a pelvis thrust and vomit animation to the same move and now when you do a flame sword attack, you hump the mob and throw up on it for xxx damage.

I think there would need to be limiters for animations, but Simu has always been great about giving players the means to adequately police themselves, and to intervene when necesarry.

Thus I can't see a completely open PCC system, because of the potential for abuse, but I can still imagine a rather robust and properly managed one that would retain pretty much all of the awesome and fun factors.

~Dune~

I want something to do throughout the game that is independent of questing and grinding that is FUN.

Player Created Content - Instead of making it for us, make the tools for use to make it ourselves!

• Player Made Houses - A classic desire for many mmo players.
  • Player Made Animations/Emotes - Ragdoll physics put to good use.
  • Player Made Weapons - Unique looks, specialized types, etc.
  • Player Made Clothing - Unique looks, unique animations, unique verbs, etc.
  • Player Made Foods - Great for roleplay! Some freshly grilled hrr'pao! Yum!
  • Player Made Fluff - Tabards, Crystal Flowers, Bric-a-brac, curios, and whatnot.
  • Etc.
~Dune~

Like both of these ideas:smiley:2

I guess this is a little late, but wasn't the Idea of the Thread to state specific ingame Possessions or Abilities that you'd gladly go any length for to get them ?
...instead of basic Gameconcepts or -mechanics, as most Posters wish for.

Back