La Superica

This has been in my head for a while. I love to write, too, so we'll see how it goes. Timeline, wise, this should take place around the beginning of S4 after APO is put together. This is my first fic so please be kind. Also, I don't own anything except all the DVD's and I just love Alias.

Summary: Syd and Vaughn's reunion at the beginning of Season 4. Saying everything that should have been said and, of course, taking that all important trip (finally) to Santa Barbara. This is mostly just about the two of them away together and in a way that we have never seen them on the show. Enjoy! ;)

Chapter 1: The Invitation

"La Superica," the card reads, "tonight - I'll pick you up. 6pm."
signed, "V."

Sydney was still puzzling over the card and flowers that Michael Vaughn had sent her when Nadia walked into their living room.

"What's this?" Nadia asks, "Vaughn sent you flowers?"
Syd looks up, as though in a daze, into the inquisitive eyes of her sister.

"Yes, and he wants to take me to dinner in Santa Barbara." Syd's eyes hesitate for just a moment on her sister, and then she looks back down at the card and a stunning bouquet of lilies.

Leaning over take in the scent of the flowers, Sydney looks back up at her sister, waiting for her reaction.

"They're beautiful, Syd. He loves you. You should go," Nadia says, with a smile and a look of assurance.

"I don't know..." Syd says, her voice trailing off as she stares into space remembering a vacation that seems like it was planned in another lifetime.

"La Superica is Michael's favorite restaurant and we talked about going before, " Syd says, clearly hesitating, "Well before... everything."

"You know he will never forgive himself for any of this..." Nadia says with a wave of her hand, indicating the last three difficult years, "if you don't give him another chance."

Looking back up at Nadia, Syd tries to smile and then says, "I know, it's just... hard."

"I'm just going to put these into water," Nadia says heading for the kitchen.

Hearing water running in the other room, Sydney slumps down in the sofa, tears welling up in her eyes as she stares into the fire remembering what she and Michael were like before evil Francie and the covenant and Lauren.

"Everything is just so... complicated now... and we aren't even the same two people we were when we were together before. We've both been through so much. I don't know, if only... If only we could go back in time..." Despondent, Sydney leans her head on the arm of the sofa, closing her watery eyes.

"But you can't," Nadia says as she walks back into the room setting the lilies on the coffee table in front of the fire and looking at Sydney, surprised suddenly to see tears streaming down her sister's cheeks.

Sitting down next to Sydney, Nadia pulls her up and puts an arm around her, "Please don't cry, Syd." Nadia says, for once providing comfort, to the sister that she had never even known existed until a few months earlier.

"How did I ever get by without you?" Sydney says, picking up her head from Nadia's shoulder to look at her only sister.

"I don't know, but I'm so glad we found each other." Nadia answers, smiling and squeezing Syd's shoulder.

"You are going to go, aren't you, Syd?" Nadia asks, looking at Sydney...
"Because, I think Michael will stand outside all night and serenade you if you don't."

Syd looks up at Nadia now, and they both start to laugh at the idea of the stoic and long suffering Michael Vaugh doing such a thing.

Three hours later:

Michael Vaughn sits in the guest bedroom at Eric Weiss' apartment staring into the devoted eyes of his 7 year old bulldog, Donovan.

"Do you think she liked the flowers? Do you think she's going to go?" His brow furrowed, Michael looks at Donovan waiting for some sign that Sydney Bristow is ready to give him another chance.

Donovan sighs, looks adoringly at Vaughn, and begins to pant, his tongue hanging out, saliva dripping onto the carpet.

"Michael, seriously, I think you might be losing your mind," Eric Weiss says from the doorway where he seems to have overheard Michael's conversation with Donovan.

"Shut-up man." Vaughn says, glancing up at Weiss.

"No, really! You killed your psycho double agent mole wife and then you burned down your apartment and now you are discussing your relationship with Sydney with Donovan?" "Dude, no wonder Syd won't return your calls."

"You know what? You are supposed to be my best friend, and this isn't helping." Vaughn says, looking up at Weiss with just a hint of a smile.

"Look! See?" Weiss says with a big grin, "I made you smile!" Shaking his head, Weiss heads towards the door, "Anyway, I've got to go pick up Nadia. I've got a date of my own."

"Yeah okay, have fun, and if you see Sydney, tell her I'm on my way over." Vaughn answers turning to see that Weiss is already gone.

:hi:
I like how this is starting! (y)
Syd will go or not? :thinking:
:baa: I'm sure she will! She will go, right? :mixed:
Can't wait! :woot:
Could I have a PM :Please:
:smooch:

Sci :watsup:

She will go, right? Or at least talk to him. I love the relationship you are building between Sydney and Nadia. Great start. Can I get a pm when you update please?

Awesome start!! I hope she goes to dinner with him!! Can I please get a PM when you update??
Thanks,

Laur :woot:

Back