Season 3 Lauren with the Covenant

So I was just thinking about how long Lauren has been with the Covenant. Did she marry Vaughn as an assignment? Because if she did that's getting old. :P But if she really loved him how could she send him off to his death in this episode? I know they met while Vaughn was still CIA, so it would make sense if she did marry him as an assignment. However, once he quit if she had she would have tried to get him to go back, or not quit in the first place, and I didn't get the impression that she had tried to get him to go back at all. Which would kind of defeat the purpose of marrying him to get information.

Any thoughts?

I was trying to figure that out. I mean we know that Vaughn did quit the CIA but Weiss said he was considering going back before Syd came back into the picture. That could have be Lauren at work. Marrying him as an assignment would be old but I don't know. It could have been planned b/c Vaughn knew a lot about the Rambaldi stuff (via Syd) so Lauren could have gotten info from him to give to the Covanent. He was also an easy target b/c Syd had just died and he was vulnerable. After Full Disclosure, I got the feeling that they were planning something like this since Syd's abduction. Oleg's comment about him moving on then seeing him w/Lauren 9 months later was a little suspicious to me...

If she did marry him out of love then she wouldn't be able to send him to his death or give the Covanent the info to arrange it. Remember Elsa??? Her mission was to get info from Neil but she fell in love and was no longer able to fulfill her assignment. She told Syd the truth so that he could be saved. Lauren called the Covanent right after she found out he was alive so that they could make other plans to kill him. If she loved him, she wouldn't have done that.

I am a big believer that she doesn't harbor much love for Vaughn. She knew he was going to be killed! She was very upset that he wasn't killed!

I don't know how long she has been working for the Covenant, it doesn't make sense that she wouldn't have known it was Syd who 'murdered' Lazarey, and when she found out turned it in to Lindsey which put the Covenant at a risk for not being able to retrieve the cube...

I want to believe that Lauren was put in there to keep an eye on Vaughn to see if Syd really turned to Julia or not...in case Syd made an attempt to contact Vaughn the Covenant would know... but who knows??

Hopefully, it all adds up soon. -_-

But she just started acting goofy and nervous in episode 12 . But Sydney was fighting her in her dream in episode 9. but the new acting goofy makes me think she just started working for them. And the time in the car with Sark. She seem straight then. And when she saved Sydney at the NSA breakout. So why is she acting stupid now?It makes me think she just started.

but she seemed really innocent in prelude, so i don't think it has been really long, i think that she's been hired and the excitement of being in the field finally just overwhelmes her. But it is weird out of nowhere she starts acting evil.(i know that's the real her :lol: )

:lol: Yeah I know, and she seemed really new at it.

And what SydFan said... why did she save Syd only to try to kill her later? :blink: She must not have been with the Covenant then.

im so confused on the matter! maybe she saved syd to safe her ass from being discovered and just waiting for the right moment to make the move! i dont know!
maybe she worked for the convenant before she met vaughn then was sent to him..bla bla bla and then once married got them off her back and did her thing with the nsc and now they are after her for more assignments. who knows??!

I think she could have been with the Covenant when she saved Syd that one time... Like someone else mentioned, the Covenant still needed to find the cube so they still needed her alive... Now they had it, they don't.

oh yeah - i forgot about that too suzi!! cheers doll!

erm about the topic though - i just don't believe Lauren has been a baddie from the beginning. It just doesn't seem to fit somehow. She's too nervous for a start - as VH said in her column, when Lauren approached Vaughn workstation in crossings she was totally paranoid about being caught - hardly the work of a super bad guy!?!?! asking syd out to dinner - whats that about????? again its a sudden change in character!!! ok she knew how to use a sniper rifle - but i'm still not convinced. A few people have said that maybe she is being blackmailed ion some way by the covenant - perhaps it has something to do with her father the senator!?!?! but then this would meanher marraige to Vaughn was for reall and i don't want that either!! oh i dunno anymore . i give up.....................hurry up and tell all JJ!!!!! :blink:

Yep I'm with you Jems... she just seemed so new and unused to it. Sydney would have done it easily but Lauren just sucks :lol:

jems said:
oh yeah - i forgot about that too suzi!! cheers doll!

erm about the topic though - i just don't believe Lauren has been a baddie from the beginning. It just doesn't seem to fit somehow. She's too nervous for a start - as VH said in her column, when Lauren approached Vaughn workstation in crossings she was totally paranoid about being caught - hardly the work of a super bad guy!?!?! asking syd out to dinner - whats that about????? again its a sudden change in character!!! ok she knew how to use a sniper rifle - but i'm still not convinced. A few people have said that maybe she is being blackmailed ion some way by the covenant - perhaps it has something to do with her father the senator!?!?! but then this would meanher marraige to Vaughn was for reall and i don't want that either!! oh i dunno anymore . i give up.....................hurry up and tell all JJ!!!!! :blink:
But, here's where I have a problem with that...if Lauren married Vaughn for love, then what type of blackmail could the Covenant have on her to make her want to kill her loving husband?

When Lyndsey tried to blackmail Lauren into writing a false report about Sydney's treatment at the compound, he threatened to expose Vaughn's connection to Sydney's breakout - a federal felony or something like that, which would get Vaughn in trouble...but...hold on...what was my point again? Oh yeah, that she refused to be blackmailed before, but now??? what could they possibly have on her to blackmail her into killing her husband??

I think she would try to save Vaughn if she loved him, but she sent him out to be blown up in the airplane...if she truly loved the guy, she would've warned him or something...ya know?

That is a really good point Addicted2Alias. I didn't even think about that.

Now I'm stuck at having no ideas as to what is going on with her character. Again.

Maybe now that the possibility of her being evil has been revealed, they're showing more of her. The only time she was focused on was when it had to do w/her being married to Vaughn. Now that we know there's another element about her besides being Mrs Vaughn, they'll focus on it now. For all we know, she might always be nervous in the CIA Headquarters when she's getting info or trying to keep cover.

About what addicted2alias said...

OK so she wrote the report he wanted so he WOULDNT get Vaughn in trouble. But then later she sends him to his death... :blink:

Something not making sense here... maybe it had to do with her (the Covenant) wanting Syd alive?

i don't think she's been with them long. i think she probably joined them a little while after sydney showed up. maybe she saw how much vaughn still loved sydney and knew she was going to lose vaughn so she tried to save face by turning evil and betraying vaughn and acting like he didn't matter to her by trying to kill him.

yeah. hahaha.

SydneyFan said:
But she just started acting goofy and nervous in episode 12 . But Sydney was fighting her in her dream in episode 9. but the new acting goofy makes me think she just started working for them. And the time in the car with Sark. She seem straight then. And when she saved Sydney at the NSA breakout. So why is she acting stupid now?It makes me think she just started.
maybe Syd met her during those missing years, but because she "deleted" all of her memories ... she doesn't remember her ... but when she saw Vaughn with that "new" woman, she understood what was happening, and thats why she continued to work as a double agent for "the Covenant" ... as she has no recollection of any, she won't know about her ... ;)

SiriCerasi said:
Lauren did strangle her in the dream... I know it probably wasn't because she was in her past life but maybe... ?
thats the thnig, we don't know and with Alias you never know ...

there are so many discrepancies in her stories ... like when she was in the "dream-state" it was so different then what she "supposedly" told Kendall ... :blink:

Back