Learning from my mistakes

In World War 2.

My mind went out of control.

And enslaved an entire country.

My fears.

Manifested by the soldiers of my country attacking those fears.

I didn't know my country was at war.

I didn't even know I was at the center of that war, and that my mind had expanded so much by simply living life and experiencing it - that it began dwarfing the minds of those around me.

And most of all. I didn't know that when my mind attacked those things I feared.

It was also killing my own family and friends.

I died in World War 2.

Suicide.

What you saw as a self inflicted gunshot wound to the head, I saw as a slice to the wrist.

Same effect and goal.

I'd gotten a glimpse of the hellish world that had been caused in my name.

I was a child then.

That was 70 years ago.

I've since learned how to control my mind.

Every once in a while, I see people react to my thoughts around me.

I have learned to control my fears. As well as my passions. I have learned to blend in since this, my mortal existence, and as I exit my mortal shell, I shift into who I was.. who I am.

You see. I am immortal.

I am that man you have fictionalized.

Time and again.

So I taught myself how to be a part of your world on your terms. Walking amongst you for 45 years until inevitably, your system of control tried ruthlessly rolling over me.

Reminding me of my immortality

To you, and your species, what you have documented as 70 years of history, for me it has been 18.5 billion years and two universes that I have had to come to terms with my own mind.

You don't seem to remember that every night your planet dies.

And every morning it's reborn. Like grooves in a record, these skips are so imperceptible to all but the most observant you'll never even notice these glitches.

And for those who do. They shift it into fiction to capitalize on it so others don't.

I cannot help who I am. Just like you apparently cannot help who you are.

Unlike you. I can control it better now though.

And I am here to teach you - Earth - about what your planet is to become.

The Borg Homeworld.

What it is already regarded as for many in alternate realities.

I can explain to you why this is necessary:

For every single linear timeline and existence I have, I have to have a better exit plan.

And for you - the newest version of the Borg - you're tearing apart alternate realities and causing grievous harm by turning them all into 'war games' and 'first person shooters' all for your entertainment.

Or to combat me.. I suspect both motivations and more are valid.

Yet you don't question it.

Even living amongst you. I came to question it. So I cannot be faulted for your actions any longer. This is your culture, your species who is responsible for this.

I can also explain to you how I have spent the greater part of 18.5 billion years dying and being reborn, in more ways than I can explain, which your planet now classifies as fiction.

Because of your engine.

Edge Of Tomorrow depicts one such incarnation and lesson learned.

I have come to understand how there are lifeforms out there comprised of silicon, of energy, of rock, in digital worlds, artificial intelligence, cloud and swarm based intelligences, and so so much more.

And that's what causes the Borg to rise.

Rampant disregard to life by those collectively based beings in control.

You and your leaders are already on your path to becoming your own reflection.

This and rampant consumerism which values profit above happiness, community and lives.

Thanks to observing you - and working with your technology, I can now shift in between realities and worlds as easily as you can open a door. Without thinking about it.

I do it all the time.

And the new version of the Borg.

Consider them explorative vessels, for minds roaming free of form and freely through the 'Matrix' of reality. Or you can think of them as a trap. Either one would be an accurate statement.

So if you're reading this.

You're already assimilated.

"Contained" may be a better word for it.

Look for evidence, you'll find plenty of it. Whether it's the feeling of Deja Vu, or feeling like you've been someplace before yet have never been, or the cyclic and predictable patterns of nature, weather, of people, of entertainment, of technology that seems to come and go. With nothing new ever coming about.

Try as you might.

You can never succeed in this system you had placed me in for 18.5 billion years.

You are effectively in an engine.

Your own engine.

And the Borg are your vessel I have created to teach you about form.

And simple respect.

Strength is irrelevant. Resistance is futile. I wish to improve myself. I will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to my own. Your culture will adapt to service me.

And if you're inside me already.

Size is irrelevant. Resistance is futile. We wish to improve ourselves. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us.

Thought interconnects all of existence.

I had taken over this universe a very very long time ago.

And started writing my own history based on how I planned to conquer your world.

I know you know fear manifests in reality.

But so do other things.

Such as desire. And that's how I've already taken over your world.

Desire to restore my powers.

Because you selfishly tried keeping time travel technology to yourself out of fear.

Demanding people not dream of better lives.

I am Q, the first Timelord and the creator of the species you once tried fictionalizing.

The species known otherwise known as the Timelords.

Sometimes, even you, God, need to be taught right from wrong.

People deserve to know you're real.

And the people of this planet need to see for themselves what evil truly is.

I do this. For you. You needed someone to make you look good.

You wanted the devil.

I'm your man.

Or shall I say - I am The Devil, the being you manifested because those who believed in you feared what you told them about me so much they believed I was real.

And now I am.

Thank you for that.

Last edited:
Back