Left 4 Dead

Valentino

Scout
Use this topic to discuss the first and second game of Left 4 Dead!

To start off, between the two games which one is your favourite?

I prefer the first one. Not really sure why xD I just think the campaigns and characters are more memorable, but I do like that the campaigns in L4D2 weren't as straight forward.

Left for dead 2. It is my favorite and cold stream brought all the stuff I loved in back with better gameplay. My favorite campaigns are blood harvest and dark carnival.

I've tried out L4D and I must say that it's pretty boring, specially if you play alone. There's no campaign from what I've experienced and that means that the only thing this game is good for is for co-op or multiplayer.

Valentino said:
I've played it alone plenty of times and always have fun xD Maybe you should raise the difficulty a bit?
That wouldn't help, because I prefer playing games that have some kind of story and progression. All that L4D has is different maps on which you kill zombies - pretty boring IMO (unless played in co-op or multiplayer of course).

It's not an amazing story with huge development or anything, it's simply a story about survival I guess xD I think L4D2 tried to fix that by adding more elements so it wasn't just a straight run through (you had to deactivate alarms, get stuff for other survivors in order to continue, etc). I still preferred the first, but I thought it was fun.

Have you played on co-op/multiplayer then?

Death Toll was always my favourite in the first, No Mercy a second.

I haven't played the second enough to have a favourite to be honest >< I do remember the Dark Carnival one though =p

Back