looking forward

hellek

Cadet
i have been playing legend of ares it is in beta form right now and some mistakes i have seen them make that i hope hj doesnt is follows
1] world is to small for amount of players and thats in beta form
2] characters arent worried about testing and finding bugs but exploiting them for personal gain.
3]gms are hardley ever around
4] hard to lvl up after lvl 34 do to pvp in the only area you can lvl after that point so it forces everyone into lower lvl areas makin it hard for newer characters to lvl do to over saturation in the small area so your constantly fighting over npcs to kill resulting in low xp gain
just some things to look out for and keep in mind
p.s loa isnt a bad game just agrivating :D

Originally posted by hellek@May 27 2006, 03:47 PM
i have been playing legend of ares it is in beta form right now and some mistakes i have seen them make that i hope hj doesnt is follows
2] characters arent worried about testing and finding bugs but exploiting them for personal gain.
4] hard to lvl up after lvl 34 do to pvp in the only area you can lvl after that point so it forces everyone into lower lvl areas makin it hard for newer characters to lvl do to over saturation in the small area so your constantly fighting over npcs to kill resulting in low xp gain
1. They've been discussing world size in these forums and the Simu forums... I doubt they'll run into that. During beta everything may not be available until it's almost time for release.

2. I hope Simu is selective in who gets into Beta. Beta should *never* be about getting to play a game before it's out. It *should* be about making the game better and getting the dev's ear with your opinion.

3. Simu has stated again and again: GM's will be all over HJ. Of course, GM's in Simu games are not the same as GM's in EQ, DAoC, or most other MMO's. There will be customer service GM's I'm sure... but GM's in HJ will be "Game Masters" like in pen & paper D&D games.

4. I don't believe Simu has stated officially one way or the other. But in the end, I'm believing that they'll have servers dedicated to PvP, PvE, and RP, along with mixture, like PvP-RP.

~ Jaraeth

First point I can't say....though with the number of world-dev GMs working for Simu, I doubt there'll be a lack of world space.

That second point is taken into account by QA team leaders; some of the beta-testers won't do testing, they'll just play. As long as there are at least a few dozen people actively testing, it's not a problem.

The third point....well, with the number of GMs on the Simutronics staff, I don't think we're going to have a problem with that one!

And in regards to your fourth point, again, I can't say anything until I actually play the game for myself. We'll see!

Originally posted by hellek@May 27 2006, 10:47 PM
Hopefully I can build off of Jaraeth's post, but here I go.

1. Hero's Journey is going to be massive. With an army of GM's easily making content, I'm sure the world size isn't going to be a problem.

2. I think this forum itself would do a good job on testing. I belive most people who will be accepted into closed beta wont be in it just to play it, they will be playing becuase they want to help Simutronics. At least a majority will.

3. Like I said in #1. Their will be an army of GM's.

4. Not much information on PvP has been released, and not much on a 'level grind'. However, I'm sure both of those problems you addressed wont pose a problem in Hero's Journey. I have my upmost faith in Simutronics to deliver one of the greatest games.

thank u for your feed back sounds good guys cant wait to play sounds like you all have a good grasp on things now im really excited about this game thanks again :D

We try our best to have the best idea for the game we are all proclaiming to be the next best thing. If you have any other questions, or requests let a staff of Hero's Hall know, and we'll get back to you ASAP!

Enjoy Hero's Hall :smiley:

I only really have a comment on the second point:

Isn't good if people exploit during beta? A good dev team would notice this and such problems would be fixed prior to release. Might even be a reason devs want so many players to jump in so they can find such things after looking through the logs.

Yeah, a good beta teste tries to break things and exploit. The difference is that he will /bug everything. Its the bad ones that don't say anything and try to keep it a secret, so they can use it live.

1. The world in Legend of Ares might be small since it is only in Beta. Only certain parts of the world may be available for play. Like others have annoucned before GMs are going to be creating content in HJ. I doubt that the we will run out of space to play around in.

2. Just from this forum alone we have a sizeable number of people that are dying to make HJ the best it can be. If we all can get beta *crosses fingers* I think that we can make a great contribution to the testing. Also bug exploitations are not a bad thing since it is a discovery of a problem. It becomes a problem when the dev team doesn't fix it.

3. With regular GMs (cust. support) and the content creating GMs, I don't think that we will have more GMs that we can handle.

4. I don't exactly know what the end-game of HJ is gonna be. But from what I've heard of Simu and it's games, I think they will put forth the best efforts to accomodate everyone playing the game.

Originally posted by hellek@May 27 2006, 10:47 PM
1 - Can't really comment on that since I'm not in that game so it's hard to judge why the world might seem small. As others have said they may only have a limited part of their total world open during beta or it could be the whole PvP issue is forcing everyone into a smaller part of the world than they anticipated.

2. This WILL happen during the open beta of any game. It's the old 80/20 rule, 80% of the people in the beta are just there to play while 20% are actually testing and reporting. Companies know this which is why you really only see open betas in MMO's. What they're really looking for in these phases of beta is enough people to start stressing and balancing server loads, they just have to hope that the 20% that are actually testing can help them catch the big bugs/exploits.

3. One advantage HJ has is we'll have more offsite GM's available than most games have dev staff.

4. Sounds like a balancing issue which is what betas are all about so make sure it's being discussed on the official forums.

Back