LOST Backlash

Starting to see and hear people saying, "Gee, is LOST really that big a deal?" or "It is kinda stupid, isn't it?" or the like. PEOPLE PEOPLE PEOPLE: virtually all of TV isn't a big deal and is painfully stupid.

Like Paul McCartney, you could get tired of the Beatles for producing such 'silly love songs'. Of course, but what's wrong with that...?

The only negative thing I've heard is a quote from Michael Eisner (the CEO of Disney, which owns ABC) saying "Lost is terrible. Who cares about these people stuck on an island?" He said it to somebody writing a book about the in-fighting and the corporate shakeup at Disney, and the writer said that Eisner was just pissed because he originally hadn't wanted Lost. When it became a big hit, he pretended that it still sucked. What a pissy bastard. It makes me sick to think that somebody like that is ultimately in charge of ABC.

Yes I've heard people talk about it being stupid. Also others that its too complicated for. I had to actually explain a couple of episodes to a co-worker. As in, she wasn't bright enought to understand it. But most people I know, love it!

The main complaint I hear is that nothing happens and that none of the mysteries ever get solved. Also, that the backstories are pointless. I think it's like any show, some people like it and some don't.

I haven't heard any complaints, if they watch it they love it. I have heard people say that they haven't seen it and feeling that they can't just start in the middle of the season to try and figure out what is going on.

As for Eisner's statements, it would be better for him to keep his mouth shut. Last year ABC was consistantly in last palce where ratings were concerned. So he should be the last one to complain, he has been doing a crummy job.

I'm sure Eisner is backpedalling now. He knows nothing about television and he knew it when they acquired ABC, so he should have let his TV people deal with TV anyway. This book exposes his remarks . . . what do you expect from a guy whose ego is so big that he throws away millions of dollars just because he can't stand to make a decent distribution deal with Jobs? I dread the sequel to the Incredibles . . . sigh . . .

I haven't heard anything negative yet, the most negative was probably when this one guy thought it was weird, but weird is good! Just not alien-weird, that would annoy me. But I'm not surprised some people don't like the show, you can't please everyone... And that Eisner guy sounds like a jerk!

Back