"lost" - Ep. 3 seen by 16.6 Million Viewers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alias_Gay

Ensign
ABC, CBS Split Wins on Wednesday

ABC and CBS split the nightly win on another active Wednesday in primetime.

ABC's hot-shot new 8 p.m. drama "Lost" ranked as the night's most-watched program overall with an average of 16.6 million viewers and 6.2 rating/17 share in the adults 18-49 demographic, according to preliminary estimates from Nielsen Media Research.

CBS' freshman "CSI: NY" (16.5 million, 6.0/16) had another strong showing at 10 p.m., dominating the hour against NBC's "Law & Order" (12.3 million, 4.3/11) and ABC's "Wife Swap" (9.8 million, 4.2/11). Ratings for both "Lost" and "CSI: NY" cooled off in their third outings but not by much -- "Lost" was down 5% in its demo score from last week while "CSI: NY" eased 15%.

ABC's "The Bachelor" (9.3 million, 3.8/10) also perked up a bit in the 9 p.m. hour after a sluggish performance during the past two weeks, but CBS easily won the hour with a repeat of "CSI: Miami" (13.8 million, 4.6/12). The eye network is expected to settle into its regular Wednesday lineup next week with the return of "The King of Queens" and debut of sitcom "Center of the Universe" from 9-10 p.m.

NBC was held to third place for the night that got off to a weak start with 8 p.m. newcomer "Hawaii" (6.9 million, 2.1/6). A repeat of "Law & Order: SVU" (10.1 million, 3.5/9) improved the peacock's fortunes at 9 p.m.

Fox was a distant fourth for the night with its comedy block of "That '70s Show," "Quintuplets" and back-to-back repeats of "The Bernie Mac Show" adding up to a nightly average of 6.1 million viewers and 3.0/8 in the key demo.

ABC won the night in adults 18-49 (4.7/13) and placed second to CBS in total viewers (CBS' 13 million to ABC's 11.9 million). CBS was No. 2 in adults 18-49 (4.2/11).

Lets dance ... 🐒 🐒 🐒

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

WOOT!!! GO LOST

Amazing ratings - :groupwave: and I couldn't contribute to them... had to get the episode by other means and I still haven't watched.

But I will, like, right now!

So let's recap... 18 million, 17 million, 16.6 million.

I'm guessing that the average ratings will be 14 million for the entire season - which would make Lost the biggest hit of the 2004-2005 TV season and the most popular show of the fall!

So proud of J.J. right now!

The success of Lost CANNOT be bad news for Alias - the promos for our spy drama will begin in a few weeks, I'm guessing, and by December they should start promoting it like crazy, and this time, I have a feeling that ABC will!

I am pretty sure ABC will not let "Alias" fall ... they have seen that promotion works for them ... and I am sure that for Season 4 will be the biggest season for "Alias" ... ;)

For the week of Oct. 4-10, the top 10 shows, their networks and viewerships:

1. "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation," CBS, 28.4 million;
2. "Without a Trace," CBS, 21.3 million;
3. "CSI: Miami," CBS, 20.7 million;
4. "Desperate Housewives," ABC, 20 million;
5. "Survivor: Vanuatu," CBS, 19.5 million;
6. "Everybody Loves Raymond," CBS, 17.4 million;
7. "ER," NBC, 17.1 million;
8. "CSI: NY," CBS, 16.9 million;
9. "Lost," ABC, 16.5 million;
10. "Two and a Half Men," CBS, 16.4 million

we are still going strong ... 🐒 🐒 🐒