Love is A Gift

Love is A Gift
Love is not a possession, it is a gift

Sequel to ‘Two Words’

Written by: SydnVaughn4eva 2 ~elle
sequel.jpg

Pic created by my lovely grl AlisonDoren :hug:

Disclaimer: I don’t own alias, that credit goes 2 JJ. Say JJ now dat alias is ova :cry: (except not for me cuz I haven’t seen season 5 yet cuz I live in Australia) coul all of us guyz here own alias? Pretty please? *begs*

Summary: Sequel to ‘Two Words’ bout all I can say without spoilin it but I will tell u guyz dat expect va unexpected, especially with Syd n Vaughn, their relationship won’t be smooth. In other words im gonna be evil. [insert Dani’s evil laugh]

Chapter One:
The Greater Threat

Sydney’s POV

It’s 2 a in the morning and the only thing that is on my mind is sleep something which has now become a luxury. She starts crying again, ready for her normal feed and yes that is at 2 am in the morning. I feel Vaughn stir next to me. “Can you bring her to me please?” I ask him sweetly.
“Ohhhmmmmm.” He groans at me.
“Is that a yes?” I ask him smiling.
“Yeah.” He says huskily getting up and walking out of the room. He comes back moments later with a wailing baby hugged tightly and lovingly in his arms. He’s the perfect father, and spoils her rotten, which is to be expected. “Here,” He says, breaking my thoughts.
“Thanks,” I say putting a quick peck to the lips. I pull up my pyjama top ready to breast feed her. Her cries stop the moment she lathes on to quench her hunger. Vaughn pulls me into his lap and hugs me into is chest kissing the side of my head. She feeds for what feels liked hours it’s almost relaxing. Instead of putting her back in her cot I lay her in-between us and we join our hands over her tiny chest and we fall asleep in seconds.

My ringing cell awakes me the next morning.
(phone conversation)
“Yeah.” I say croakily.
“We need you and Vaughn at APO within the hour, you can bring Isabelle with you.” I hear my fathers’ cold voice on the other end.
“Okay we’ll be right there.” I say to him and I end the call.
(end of phone conversation)
Something in his voice was a little off. Something is not right. I put my hand on Isabelle’s awakened form. “Good morning my gorgeous girl.” I say to her brightly tickling her chest and I scoop her up. I walk around to Vaughn’s side of the bed and I gently wake him.
“What.” He says groggily.
“My father was on the phone he wants us in APO within in the hour so you better get dressed.” I say to him softly kissing him tenderly on the lips.
“What about Isabelle?” He asks seriously.
“Dad said we can bring her with us.” I say to him putting Isabella on the ground on her mat. I walk to my wardrobe and I quickly change into a pair of black jeans a top and with a jacket, with Vaughn doing the same. APO, the black ops division of the CIA a positions, which was offered to Vaughn and I along with Weiss, Dixon and Marshall. I pack Isabelle a bag and I pick her up. “You ready?” I ask him, smiling at him.
“Yeah, lets go.”

Sloane’s POV

You’re looking well, I call to her in the dark warehouse.” Holding my arms up. She gives me a brief hug.
“Everything went according to plan.” She says to me cutting down to business.
“Good, now we need to move on with phase two, we need Sydney Bristow. I’m sure I can count on you to come up with something good.” I say to her smiling.
“You bet, I’ll bring Julian with me, were you able to decode the page.” She says coldly.
“Yes, it was a complete success.” I say to her smiling.
“Where do I stand with the Covenant?” She asks me.
“You need to strike a stunning betrayal and organize a way we can eliminate them and retrieve their artefacts.” I say to her simply.
“Easily taken care of, I have the information to that. As for Miss Bristow I’ll take care of that, she won’t know what hit her.” She says coolly.

Jack’s POV

“Prophet Five has been able to decode the page of the Rambaldi Manuscript, so they are one step ahead of us. I’ve received a tip from one of my contacts that Prophet Five has moles within in the Covenant and are planning on getting rid of them. Which is one less person to deal with but, if they have access to the Covenant’s Rambaldi’s works and combine them with the one’s Sloane has, who knows what could happen.” I say to them sounding clearly worried. I cannot mask it.
“Do we have an slight idea what they’re planning?” Sydney asks me moving Isabelle in her arms. The baby makes a noise a baby makes and I watch both parents look down at her lovingly.
“Looks like she has an opinion.” Dixon says smiling.
“Yeah pity she couldn’t talk she might be able to state the obvious we can’t see.” Marshall says laughing. Everyone starts laughing. “What?” He says looking confused.
“Nothing., Marshall. We’re laughing at Isabelle.” Sydney quickly covers up. My cell starts to ring.
(phone Conversation)
“Bristow.” I say professionally.
“Jack I have some intelligence you would like to hear.”
“What is it?” I ask him coldly.
“She’s alive Jack, she was doubled She’s working for Sloane, and Prophet Five.”
“Say no more.” I say coldly in shock and I hang up the phone.
(end of phone Conversation)
Everyone looks at me. I just stare into space.
“Dad what is it.” Sydney sounds concerned.
“She’s alive.” I breathe out. I watch as Sydney and Vaughn and everyone else looks at me bewildered. I watch as Sydney looks at Vaughn and Vaughn looks at Sydney and I watch as the realization sinks in. “She was doubled.”
“Who is it?” Rachael the new agent asks.
“Its…”

TBC

A/N
I no im a tease cutting Jack off like dat. Big trouble is a brewin n u guyz r gonna kill me when u find out who :bag: *runs and hides*

Hmm I think I have an idea at who it could be!! :angelic:
-Aww I loved the fluff of them and isabelle in the beginning!!! Too cute!! :love:
But No No I don't think Syd and Vaughn need to go through anything 'unsmooth'!!!! :nonono:
-Great update!! Loved it!!

:hi: guys heres the new chapter
Talk to y’all soon
~elle

Chapter Two
Collateral Damage

Recap:

(phone Conversation)
“Bristow.” I say professionally.
“Jack I have some intelligence you would like to hear.”
“What is it?” I ask him coldly.
“She’s alive Jack, she was doubled She’s working for Sloane, and Prophet Five.”
“Say no more.” I say coldly in shock and I hang up the phone.
(end of phone Conversation)
Everyone looks at me. I just stare into space.
“Dad what is it.” Sydney sounds concerned.
“She’s alive.” I breathe out. I watch as Sydney and Vaughn and everyone else looks at me bewildered. I watch as Sydney looks at Vaughn and Vaughn looks at Sydney and I watch as the realization sinks in. “She was doubled.”
“Who is it?” Rachael the new agent asks.
“Its…”

Vaughn’s POV

“Lauren…” My fear intensifies as Jack repeats the realization I already have. But hearing them spoken by somebody else somehow makes them an even harsher reality.
“If she was doubled, which one is alive?” Sydney stumbles out quickly beside me, I consciously grab her hand in mine and I give it a quick squeeze.
“We don’t know. It could be either way.” Jack blatantly says.
“The double is alive.” I watch as everyone stares at me, including Sydney. “When we found out about Lauren, the CIA insisted I had regression therapy to try to break through Lauren’s conditioning. It all fits now. When I met Lauren she was…. I don’t know, she was different to after I married her. My guess is that I was with the real Lauren, the Covenant saw this as a window in and they doubled her and replace her after she married me. And I guess how that is how it all happened. The double knew we were after her so she covered her areas, she brainwashed Lauren and made her look as if she was evil. We killed the real Lauren.” I say to them all. It all fits. It weird, I really feel as if I’m right. I watch Sydney’s face turn pale and in one swift movement she gets up and walks away with Isabelle. I get up to go after her. This is the last thing she needs, knowing she ended an innocent person’s life. This is enough to kill her. She hates collateral damage. And knowing that she ended an innocent person’s life is tearing he up inside. I find her in her office sitting at her desk with Isabelle in her arms, just staring into space. I walk into her office. She is so deep in her thoughts that she doesn’t even register my presence. Isabelle does though and she starts squirming in Syd’s arms. I kneel down beside Syd and I place my hand to her cheek and I caress it. She leans her head against mine, and the tears fall down her face. Being careful not to squash Isabelle, I pull her into my arms.
“I killed an innocent person in cold blood. What was I thinking?” She says with pain coming through her voice.
“Syd, you had no idea. None of us did. This is not your fault but hers.” I say t her fiercely.
“It still doesn’t lessen what I did.” She says sobbing.
“She would have killed you if you hadn’t. I would have lost you both. Sydney, listen to me.” I say pulling her head up so I can look into her glistening eyes. “It wasn’t your fault. You had no idea. No one did. Id you didn’t kill her, she would have killed you, you did the right thing. In fact I think you did the right thing for her. The double would have conditioned and brainwashed her so bad that the effects are probably irreversible. She’s probably thanking you right now.” I say to her honestly. She just looks at me not saying a word. We stay like that for what felt like hours. Just staring into each other’s eyes. Until Isabelle starts to cry.
“Shhhh.” She says hushing her. She turns to me. “She’s hungry, I’m going to feed her, so I’ll see you in thirty minutes and then if dad lets us we’ll go home.” She says to me softly, putting a hand to my cheek.
“Sounds good.” I say to her smiling kissing the palm of her hand. She is still upset. She is shutting down on me. Damn her for compartmentalizing, she does this all the time when she wants to avoid an issue.
“Hey is Syd alright?” I hear the sound of Eric’s voice behind me.
“Trying to act like it, but she is not.” I say to him absentmindedly.
“Yeah,” He actually sounds serious for once in his life. “So have you asked her?” Thought to soon. Typical of Eric, showing his true not-a-care-in-the world nature.
“Asked her what?” I say to him feeling confused.
“That thing you told me you were going to do last week.” He says grinning at me madly. The realization dawns on me what he is referring to.
“Eric, this really isn’t a great time for that.” I say to him incredulously.
“C’mon man it’s not like you have the ring burning a hole in your pocket.” He says chuckling. I give him one meaningful look. “You have the ring on you right now.” He says in amazement.
“So, it still isn’t the right time.” I say to him seriously.
“So when is the right time, at night.” He says starting to sound serious again.
“Eric.” I say to him. Warning him to drop it.
“Vaughn she just found out she may have killed an innocent person…”
“Exactly my point…”
“Hey let me finish. Man you’re about to make her the happiest woman alive. She needs to be happy and this could be the one thing to do that. She’ll thank you for it. I guarantee you.” He says all mushy.
“Since when did you turn all mushy?” I say to him grinning madly.
“Since the day you and Syd had your faces permanently attached to each other. With that kind of thing going on you can’t help but have some rub off on to you.” He says to me in a mock serious voice. I scoff at him. “Seriously man. Think about it.” And with that he walks away and I can’t help but wonder that for once, he may be right.

Sydney’s POV

I killed her. I killed her in cold blood. I am a disgrace to my family, the people around me and finally to myself. What about Isabelle what would she think of me here? What will she think of me when she finds out when she gets older, that her mother murdered an innocent person? Will she hate me? Will she ever want to speak to me again? The thoughts are too unbearable to even think about. I sigh, not knowing what to do. Not knowing what to think. I feel his presence in the room. I turn my head and I see him standing in the doorway to the bathroom with a smile on his face.
“Hey.” I say to him softly.
“I put Isabelle down. And I made us some dinner so hurry up because this evening is going to be special or the both of us.” He says to me gently leaning down to the ground beside me and brushing a strand of hair out of my face. I kiss him gently on the cheeks. I have no idea what I would ever do without him. Losing him would be unbearable. I nearly came close once with Lauren, whoever she is. And I am not about to let that happen again.
“Special, how?” I say to him seductively.
“Well you just better hurry up and get your cute bottom out of here, get dressed and find out what I have planned.” He says to me playfully.
“So there is absolutely no way I can [l]persuade[/I] you to tell me.” I say batting my eyebrows innocently at him.
“Don’t even try it.” He says to me kissing my lips.
“You’re no fun.” I say to him in mock hurt.
“I’m fun, just in different ways.” He says to me raising an eyebrow. I become fully aware what he is saying.
“Get your mind out of the gutter, Mr. Vaughn.” I say to him pretending to be serious.
“Well hurry up Ms. Bristow before my hands start to do the talking, in more ways than you can imagine.” He says to me in a seductive whisper to my ear.
“Okay, okay.” I say throwing my hands up in defeat. I quickly grab my towel and in a matter of seconds I am out of there. As much as I love his hands and what they can do to me. I’m more curious to see what he has planned for me. I get dressed in a pair sweats and a top and I walk out to the living room to see candles on the table and food, which my stomach is craving for now.
“I thought a nice quite romantic dinner was in order.” He says to smiling as he sits down at the table.
“You really have out done yourself this time,” I say to him kissing him on the cheek as I sit across the table from him. Dinner was excellent and romantic. I couldn’t keep my eyes off him. All the last few hours faded out of my thoughts. It feels like everything else in the world ceases to exist. There’s only just him and I. When I thought he could surprise me no further he brought out dessert also. Melted chocolate and small round sized waffles and of course vanilla ice cream. We laid on the couch with me laying on top of him, feeding each other dessert. I’ve never felt so content in my life. So loved. So protected.
“Syd,” he asks softly. Breaking the silence.
“Hmmmm.” Is all I can manage.
“”I’ve loved you since the first moment I saw you. And when you died it nearly killed me. I was so shattered that you would never believe how much. But when you came back, I was put back to together again. But not completely. You were the piece that was missing. You complete me Syd and more ways than you’ll ever know. When I found out about the baby I was ecstatic. But I feel like I should have realized before that that I still loved you so much. I shouldn’t have let Lauren ever make me question that. But I did and for that I am truly sorry. I love you so much and I want to spend the rest of life waking up to you every day reminding you just how much I love you.” He says to me honestly.
“Vaughn.” I stammer out in amazement.
“Sydney Bristow, will you marry me?” He says to me. I spit up and he gets down on one knee in front of me. The tears of happiness fall down my face.
“Yes…yes, Vaughn I’m going to marry you.” I say to him joyously. He pulls out a small black velvet box and opens it up to reveal a silver ring with a diamond shaped diamond, with diamond leaves growing out of it.

(Sydney’s ring)

“It’s perfect. I Love, you.” I whisper to him as he puts the ring on my finger. I kiss him passionately. And he pulls away to look at me in the eyes.
“I love you, too. Always and forever.”

~TBC

A/N
Very fluffy towards the end. :love: im thinking off posting an NC-17 version to the next chapter so if u would like to be on the pm list lease let me know.

:throb: always
~elle

Aww that was cute!!!
-I'm glad Vaughn listened to Eric!!!!
YA they are getting married!!! :woot:
-And you can put me on both pm lists!!!! ;)
Great update!! Thanks for the pm!!

teehee dani

A/N
Sorri bout the lack of updates just been so busy im on hollys now so there will be a heap more updates comin.
Enjoy your day!
~elle

Chapter Three
Just Breathe

Vaughn’s POV

The love the hunger for each other was powerful, our kisses caresses and touches reflect this. My need for her. Her need for me. Our need for each other is overpowering. We kiss furiously trying to go deeper and deeper into each other’s emotions, our love. Trying to feel each other in a desperate need to prove each other’s love. I make love to her in the most emotion filled way possible, speaking my lover without words. And we collapsed hours later in sheer exhaustion. She curls up and lies on my chest and falls asleep instantly. I can’t help but watch her angelic form for another hour or so until I fall into a peaceful slumber.

I wake up with her teasing and just when I thought I was about to feel more. Isabelle interrupts our early lovemaking.
“Duty, calls.” She says smiling an evil smile at me. I love it when she teases me, she knows she has left me unsatisfied and boy am I going to get her back for that. I hear Isabelle’s crying subside and in a matter of seconds, Sydney returns with Isabelle cradled in her arms. I get up and quickly put my boxers on and I take Isabelle from Sydney allowing her to take a shower. I kiss the top of her head and I tickle her small form. I grab Sydney by the waist and I place I chaste kiss on her lips and then I let her go. I take Isabelle to the nursery and I do the daily duty. I change her nappy and I dress her. Today we can spend some quality family time. I have the day off and Syd does have maternity leave. She only goes in once a week or when she is called in. I pick Isabelle back up and cradle her in my arms. I mull over the events of last night. Her, answer yes to my proposal. I’m getting married. I’m getting married. I’m jolted out of my thoughts of happiness by my cell.
(phone conversation)
“Vaughn.” I say in my professional tone.
“We need you at APO now.” Jack’s cold voice says to me. He sounds alarmed about whatever it is. “Tell Sydney to come in also.” And I hear the click of the phone on the other end and am, greeted with a dial tone.
(end of phone conversation)
Whatever this is, it is big. “Syd!” I call to her.
“Yeah.” She calls from the bedroom and she walks out towards me.
“Your father called, he needs us at APO, whatever it is sounds important he sounded alarmed by whatever it is.” I say to her calmly furrowing my eyebrows in what it could be.
“I don’t like this.” Sydney says turning pale.
“Nor do I.” I say to her kissing her on the forehead. I quickly get dressed and walk back out to the living room. “Hey do we have any anti-rash cream. Izzy’s got a rash.” I say to her simply.
“Did you look in the cupboard underneath the change table?” She calls to me from our bedroom.
“Yeah, there wasn’t any.” I call back to her.
Sydney comes out of the room fully dressed. “Then we don’t have any.” She says to me. “How bad is the rash?” She asks me bending down and putting her on her shoes.
“It’s really red and everywhere, so she’s going to need some” I say to her adjusting Isabelle in my arms.
“Look you go now and I’ll stop by the store and get her some on the way to APO.” She says to me grabbing Isabelle out of my arms.
“Sounds like a plan.” I say to her kissing her on the lips and I grab my keys and go.

Sydney’s POV

I walk into Isabelle’s nursery to pack her bag of nappies and all the stuff I usually require. Isabelle wriggles in my arms. And then I hear the creaking of a door. Instantly thinking it is Vaughn, who has forgotten something. I walk out into the living room. “Hey, Vaughn did you forget something?” I call to him. I hear the click of a gun and I come face to face with Lauren. I mentally clutch Isabelle tighter to my chest. She puts the gun closer to my face and backs me up to the wall.
“Nice baby you got there. So the darn thing actually survived?” She says to me on a mocking voice.
“Yeah, and if you hurt her it will be the last thing you do.” Is say to her with hate dripping through my voice. This woman has done enough damage to Vaughn and I and now she’s back for more.
“You seem to forget Ms. Bristow that I am the one holding a gun to your head.” She says to me, mocking me even further. She grins at me madly.
“And your forgetting the fact that you have ‘CAUTION, Blonde thinking!’ permanently attached to your unwanted forehead.” I say to her sarcastically.
“Here we go, on with the blonde jokes. Still I’m the one holding the gun.” She says to me wickedly.
“Hmmm you sure you know how to use that?” I say to her cocking my head to the side.
“Yeah, I’m quite familiar on how to use it.” She says to me clearly getting angry.
“Yeah, just when you use it aim it at your head so you can put yourself out of your own misery. Not like I’m going to get any brain matter on me as blonde’s don’t have brains.” I say to her starkly.
“Well as much as I am enjoying you pathetically stalling time, I better get on with my job.” She says to me turning back to her clipped professional tone.
“And that would be what?” I say to her, knowing whatever it is can’t be good.
“Oh that would be me taking you and chucking you into the van outside.” She says to me casually.
“Would it help with your little display if I start kicking and screaming and begging for my life?” I say to her sarcastically.
“Though it would be quite amusing, it won’t help in the slightest.” She says to me smiling again. If she didn’t have a gun in her hand I would wipe that smirk off her face faster than she can say I’m a stupid bi**h.
“So what you expect me to co-operate?” I say to her in disgust.
“Well I hope you do but I can drag you kicking and screaming if you like…”
“How about I’m not going with you anywhere.” Is ay to her catching her off guard and grabbing the gun out of her hands.
“Somehow I don’t think you have a choice.” She says to me coolly. I watch as three large guards come in and grab me and knock the gun out of my hands.

Jack’s POV

I pace my office as I anxiously wait their arrival. I hope she’s okay I hope. I hope the y got out of their in time.
“Jack. What’s going on?” I turn to see Agent Vaughn but no Sydney.
“Sydney. Where is she?” I say to the younger agent anxiously.
“She left after me she had to go get Isabelle some anti-rash cream.” He says to me looking at me in concern.
“We need to go back to your place now.” I say to him walking out of my office. I hear him in horror.
“Call her.” I instruct him He looks at me funny but he does what I say.
“She’s not answering; she probably left her phone in the car.” He says to me shrugging it off “Jack what is this about?” He says to me in concern.
“Sydney is in danger.” I say to him, pacing my office.
“In danger, how. Who?” He says to me in equal concern.
“Sloane. I received a call from contact and they said he was after her in fact he was moving in now and was sending Lauren. That is why I called you both in.”
“Oh, god you don’t think…”
“That’s what we are about to find out.” I say to him walking out my office door.

Sydney’s POV

“No!” I scream at the top of my lungs. The guards hit me across the face with a gun I feel the blood and I feel as I lose consciousness. No. Isabelle.

Lauren’s POV

I hear the wailing baby cry on the ground.
“What about the baby?” One of the guards asks me.
“Leave it, we have no use for it.” Is ay to him coldly as the other guard drags Sydney out the back door. I take one last look at the wailing baby with blood to the head and I smile. “Wait till Mr. Vaughn sees this. How sad.” I laugh to no one in particular.

Vaughn’s POV

“Syd…SYD!” I call to her in a panic. I slam open the door with Jack behind me and the moment I walk in I am met with the cries of Isabelle. I look around frantically searching for her and then I see her near the wall of the living room. The blood. Oh God no. I run forward to her and I scoop he up into her arms. I cradle her close to my chest. I notice the blood isn’t hers. It’s Syd’s. Oh god Syd. What have they done. I look to the ground to see a trail of blood leading to the back door.
“We’re too late.” I whisper and I fall to the ground on me knees. “We’re too late.” I whisper again. The tears cloud my vision. I let her down. I didn’t protect her. She’s gone and it is my entire fault. I can’t breath. I feel sickened to my stomach. The oxygen to my lungs is struggling to get through and then I see darkness. Darkness all around as I suddenly lose all control of my senses till I can no longer breathe and I lose the control of myself until I can’t feel anything. Until I can’ think no longer. My last thought was. It is my entire fault.

~TBC

A/N
Well a little longer than usual. Which is a good thing.

:love: always
~elle

OMG! Poor...everyone..(except Sloane and Lauren *shakes head*). That was soooo good, I hope you update soon.

Luv Kay :love:

P.S, You prob live somewhere around NSW do you? Coz im in school holidays now too :lol: YAY!

Back