~Loving You is Worth the Wait~

Author: Kristina AKA: spy41
Title: ~Loving You is Worth the Wait~
Summary: Epi= "The Getaway" What if they took the key?
Disclaimer: I like to think i own Alias, but in reality i don't.

A/N: This was a requested fic. And if you hadn't noticed [OP] stand for 'one-parter' in my fics.

~Loving You is Worth the Wait~

She sat there. After taking a deep breath her eyes fell onto the old looking key sitting on the edge of the table. The restuarante was lively and the background dinner music filled the air. But the atmoshpere around their table was void of coversation. They were both too caught up in their own thoughts, and own fantasies that they didn't realize their plates were being taken away. She sighed and looked up at him, he was already staring straight at her. She saw the eagerness in his eyes, she saw how much he wanted to take the key and carry her up the stairs, hell, she wanted it too. But it just couldn't happen, it wasn't right.

"What now?" He asked her, searching her eyes for some sort of answer to his own doubts. She looked at the key then back at him.

"Vaughn, we can't....it's just....it's not right." She said. Defeated and depressed she looked down at her hands that were folded neatly in her lap. The small smile on his face disapperead faster than it had first come to take over his features. His eyes were now dull and not sparkling as they were seconds before. Out of the corner of her eye she saw him sit back in his chair and look down also. They were both silent for a moment. This was about the time where he'd reassure her, tell her that everything would be fine and that they'd be okay, 'They' would be okay. Instead he did something else.

"Tell me something." He said. His eyes were now back on her, he was determined, not to get her in bed, but to make her realize, that even if they wanted too, it wasn't wrong.

"Do you ever think about yourself?" He asked. Her eyes moved slowly moved up the table to his face, locking with his own eyes.

"Do you ever just...in your mind say....'Screw it, it's about time i do something for myself and not worry about what other people think'?" He asked staring at her. She shook her head.

"Vaughn, it's not about what people think, it's about what would happen." She said.

"It's about what would happen if we let our irrational side take control. Vaughn, we would die, are you willing to die just to be with me for one night?" She asked.

She imediatly knew it to be the wrong question, because before he even spoke she knew the answer.

"Yes." He said. His eyes grew soft once again, his voice was just above a soft whisper.

"I would give up everything, if it meant getting to spend one normal night with you."

She forced herself to look away before the look in his eyes would make her cry, she already felt herself weaken when he had said that. He stood up and picked up the key. She didn't dare look at him. He stepped to the side of her and held out his free hand.

"Come with me." He said looking down at her. She shook her head. She woulnd't let her heart win this one, it was too dangerous.

"No, we can't." She said still staring at her hands.

"Sydney." He said. Her eyes moved up his body to his face.

"Just to talk. That's it. I promise." He said. She trusted him with her life, that's why she wasn't surpirsed to find herself taking his hand and allowing him to lead her up to the inn on the second floor. He looked down at the key and read the room number. Moving down the hall, with her still behind him, he stopped at the door at the end and swiftly opened it. Walking inside he flipped on the light and closed the door once they were both in the bedroom. It was decorated with red, lots of red, candles were lit, giving off a romantic glow, which made it all that more uncomfrotable. She sighed and sat on the edge of the bed as he checked the bathroom. He came back out and stood a few feet away from her, his hands tucked in his pockets.

"What can't we talk about down there that we can talk about up here?" She asked, not understanding why it was that important that they be locked in a very romantic hotel room together.

"Alot." He said. He pulled a chair over and sat down across from her, not wanting to make her feel uncomfortable or closed in.

"I've been lying too you for the past year and a half, i've been holding something in and it's killing me." He said. She looked at him confused.

"I was hoping that i'd be able to tell you one day soon, possibly when SD-6 and the Alliance is taken down. But to be absoluetly truthful, Sydney. That may be a very long time. I just simply can't wait that long." He said. He took a deep breath and looked down at the ground for a moment, as if composing himself for something big. Meanwhile she weas praying to whatever higher power there was that he wasn't betraying her. She'd been burned too many times to count. He looked back up at her.

"I love you." He said. Her heart skipped a beat and she felt the urge to jump up suddenly, but didn't.

"Not just because i care about you and i want you to be safe. But i'm in love with you." He said.

"And every single time i see you it only gets worse. I don't know what the hell to do anymore."

He was waiting for her to say something, but she didn't, so he continued.

"I....I don't know how to act around you anymore, i don't know how to be your handler without being totally bias and i just....i don't know how to get through everyday without you near me." He said.

"If you don't feel the same way then i'll understand, but i'm not ever going to regret telling you this. I've been holding it in for far too long, and it's eating away at me every single day." He stopped, not knowing what else to say. She sat silent, staring at him as he finished his confession. After a few moments he stood up and sighed. Walking over to the balcony he opened the door and stepped out into the cold winter air. He didn't really pay attention to the fact that he could get sick or that he had no coat. His fingers wrapped around the black iron of the railing as he leaned on it heavily.

"You're such an idiot. How could you do this to her?" He asked himself. He felt bad for putting her in an uncomfortable situation. He never once made her doubt herself, and that's what he was doing now. He was interupted when he heard her vocie cut through the cold air.

"You haven't done anything to me." She said. He could feel her getting closer, because he started to feel warm inside.

"You're the only person who hasn't done anything to me." She said. She stepped to the side of him.

"What you said in there, is something i haven't heard very much. So forgive me if i'm in a state of shock. People don't tell me they love me very often, i think the last time that happened was two weeks ago when i opened a pickle jar for Francie." She said. She got a stiffled laugh out of him.

"Honestly i was expecting you to say you've been playing me all this time, that you've been working for the bad guys." She said. He immdeiatly looked at her, a hurt expression on his face.

"Why would you think that?" He asked. She shrugged.

"That just how my mind works, Vaughn. I'm prone to betrayl, because i've never known anything besides it." She said.

"That's why i'm so closed about my feelings for you." She said. His face relaxed with realization.

"You're scared." He said. It was more of a statement than a question. She looked down.

"You're scared that i'm going to hurt you? That i'm going to spend time with you and then throw you aside because you're not all i built you up to be?" He asked. She looked out over the city.

"Sydney, i love you. I'd take a bullet for you, i'd die for you. I'd give up everything if it meant you would have a normal life." He said. She shook her head.

"You say that, but you don't mean it." She said.

"Yes i do." he said.

"I'd give up everything, i've live on the streets, i'd eat out of dumpsters, i'd never take showers, my hair would be longer than...." She put a finger over his mouth and smiled.

"I get the point." She said. She removed her finger from his lips and stared at him.

"I'm not scared of you leaving me, i'm scared of you being taken from me." She said.

"I've let Arvin Sloane take away too much, and i'm not letting him have you."

He stared at her for a moment before taking her hand in his and bringing it up to his lips. He kissed the palm of her hand softly and pulled her to him, wrapping his arms around her, and giving her a tight, loving, hug.

"And i'm going to make sure he pays for everything he has taken from you." He said. She smiled as she rested buried her head in his neck.

"I do feel the same way for the record." She said. He pushed her away slightly. She smiled up at him.

"I do love you. But we can't do anything about it until all of this is over. I don't want to be with you for one night, and then have to go through every other day without you. It's not fair, to either of us."

"That's what you want?" He asked.

"That's what i have to want." She said.

"You're the only thing that gets me up everyday, the only person who makes me keep fighting."

"Loving you is worth the wait, no matter how long it is."

He smiled and pressed his lips to her forehead as he brought her back into his arms once again. They stood out on the balcony for more than an hour, that cold, snowy night. With nothing keeping them warm but eachother. Before they left to head back to L.A., before leaving the room, they both promised eachother that they'd at the first opporuinty they had, that they would return to this place, and nothing would stand in their way after that. Because for them, love's worth it.

I loved that they both confessed they love each other and they didn't want to cheapen what they feel for just one night being together. They are willing to wait, knowing that when they can be together, everything will be worth it.

Thanks for the PM. That was a fantastic story.

Chris

this is truly a fabulous fic, as are all of your fics! Thanks so much for posting this, let me know when you next post something new!

OMV i wish that wasn't a 1-parter! It was absolutly incrediable. Sooo perfect!!!!!! Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww it's so sweet! Lol.

You should do a epilogue or something... you know... like what happens when the alliance is taken down or sumthin... lol... well i can dream can't I? Hehehe

Gr8 fic :D

Aly xx

DANG GIRL!!!..i literally think i love you. but, again, not in a freaky way...i love ur stories...they're SO GREAT!!! i can't wait to see what happens next (y)

-thanx for the PM :smiley:

OH my word that was SO good!!!!
I'm glad they waited, it's better that way.
If you write an epilogue PLEASE PM me.
You're such a good writer.
;)
Daniela

PS: I still watch your avatar ALL the time. Don't ever change it OK ^_^

I love it! I think you should write a sequel!!! Its sooo good..and the next part could be aobut them going back there! see..i do understand! hah

OFf to schooll..what a drag!

Kels

Back