Making Amends

I don't own these characters, although I wish I did.
This is my first fic, so please be nice

"You will leave immediately” said Director Dixon
It was another trip, another way of gaining intelligence, but this time was different. Sydney had to go on a long, deep cover assignment with none other than the person she wanted to see all the time, yet she never wanted to see him again. She still felt betrayed by Vaughn. Vaughn wanted to talk with her, she brushed him off.
“Now is not the time Vaughn” Sydney said harshly.
“But Syd, we need to talk” Vaughn stated
“I don’t think I can deal with this right now, It’s too much. Who knows how long will be under for, I would say I’m leaving my friends, but Will is in witness protection & Francie is dead. The only real friend I have right now is Weiss. I’m sorry you were betrayed by your wife, but we all were. That does seem to be the story of my life though doesn’t it. I have been betrayed by almost everyone I love. I know how you feel. My mother, Noah, Sloane, my father, Francie, kind of, but betrayal is part of my life. That seems to be what you get when you work for the CIA, huh. Listen, I have to go pack”
“But Syd, I care for you so much, please”
“Not now Vaughn”
Sydney walked into Op tech to get all the gear she needed. She was trying desperately to listen to Marshall ramble on, but her mind drifted elsewhere. She thought this mission was going to be difficult. Gaining intelligence was easy for her, it was spending time with Vaughn that was hard. Yeah, she knew Lauren was dead, so that makes things easier for her, but she kept having this deep feeling, like Vaughn was holding back. She couldn’t believe that Vaughn would rather kill Lauren that help her grab Nadia back in Tokyo. Vaughn just seems so angry, upset these days. Not like he was when they first met. She hated how Vaughn was so protective of her, but that was also one of the traits that she admired of him. But it wasn’t like that now. Now, he just cared about getting what he needed, kind of like he just cared about killing Lauren. Now that Lauren was dead, that did clear a pathway for them, but she was just unsure.
“And here are your rings” Marshall said
“Wait a minute” Sydney yelled. That was enough to bring her out of her thoughts. “What rings are you talking about?”
“Well, you are going in as a married couple, so naturally, I thought”
“MARRIED??? Oh no no no no no. We can’t be married.”
“Well I thought about it, and why else would a man and women buy a house in the Caribbean? It wouldn’t make sense for you to be brother & sister, and roommates would not move all the way out to the Caribbean to buy a house, so you guys are married” Marshall stammered, unsure how Sydney was going to take this.
“Uggg, sometimes I love this job, but sometimes I really hate it!”
“Well Ms. Bristow, uh, Sydney, I was thinking, maybe now is the time for you and Agent Vaughn to make amends. Fix all of your wounds” Sydney was giving Marshall the famous Bristow Death Glare. “But maybe that’s just none of my business”
“Marshall I want to make sure you do one thing while I’m gone, and one thing only for me” Sydney stated.
“Will it hurt?” Marshall asked
Sydney laughed. “No, I just want you to take pictures of Mitchal while I’m gone & e-mail them to me. I don’t want to miss him growing up. Can I stop by before I leave and say goodbye to Carrie & Mitchal?”
“Yeah Yeah, of course. I’ll just call her um, right now & tell her your coming”
“Thanks Marshall” Sydney said as she turned around to leave the room.
“Oh and Syd, Good Luck” Marshall said as he was dialing the phone number to his house.
“Thanks, I think I might need it”
Syd walked out of Op tech & straight to her Dad’s office. She knocked lightly and pushed open the door. Jack was on the phone, but he quickly hung up once he saw his daughter standing there.
“Sydney, what’s the matter? Why aren’t you home packing?” Jack said sternly
“I was at Op Tech, then came by here to say goodbye and I’ll miss you. And that I love you no matter what you did to me as a child. You were just trying to protect me & I understand that now” Syndey said the last part quietly knowing that Jack did not believe in showing much emotions.
“Good luck Sydney” Jack said, without a hint of emotion. Sydney turned around and as she was walking out of the door Jack uttered under his breath “I love you too ”
Sydney didn’t hear this statement, and her thoughts again were turned to Vaughn. How was she going to last this mission. A deep cover mission, none-the-less. She didn’t know how long she had until the plane took off so she figured that she better pack a few clothes, but she can always go shopping once she gets there. There, what was there anyways? She didn’t remember because she wasn’t paying much attention during the meeting. She was too busy staring at those deep green eyes that she has loved for years. Unfortunatly, Vaughn was too busy actually paying attention.

Or was he???
Please R&R

1st!!! YAY!!!!! Teeheehee ^_^

oOoOoOoOo i can't wait to c where this goes!!!!!!!! Please update soon! When u do, could i please get a PM? (y)

Aly xx

There's going to be a lot of tension on this mission, I can feel it. Will they be able to concentrate on the mission- especially Vaughn. If you have a PM list, could you add me too it.

Chris

Ok, lets see
*PM list*
Addicted 2 Alias
sexcivaughan14
ChrisM
shotput25ash
kittykatsmeow
Alias Fan Gillian
jughelynj
golfergirl230058
stargirl591
sydandvaughnforever

Anyone else??

Ok, My muse stopped by today for a visit, so you guys benefit!

V-POV
I started to pack my bag when my thoughts, yet again drifted to the woman I love. I couldn’t stop thinking about Sydney during the meeting, I still have no idea where we are going. Its hard to pack a bag, if you don’t know where you are going. I quickly glanced at the file & realized, Syd & I were going to act as a married couple. Syd won’t like this. Why is Sydney Bristow always on my mind? During the meeting, I forced myself to stare at Dixon, but I wasn’t really paying attention. I wanted to know to think of ways that I could really prove to Sydney that she was the woman I wanted to be with for the rest of my life. Sydney is so mad at me, I just can’t stand it. I wanted to be with her, even when I was married to Lauren. It hurt so much when she shot me down a few minutes ago. She went to Op tech, but didn’t want me to go along with her. I want to tell her how much I really love her, it hurts me inside. Weiss says she feels the same way, but then why is she shutting me out of her life? Maybe she has built up walls to protect herself from getting hurt, like she did after Danny died. I want, no, I need to break through those walls. I need her to be in my life again. I can not live without her. Why can’t I say it. Why can’t I just say, I love you Sydney? It’s sounds great in my head, or even better, I love you with all my heart Syd. I’m scared of being rejected. I don’t want to feel the way I feel now, wondering about, and wanting Syd. I need her.

Meanwhile…
Sydney was packing her bag, still upset at being forced into this mission. She was deep in thought. “I can’t be married to Vaughn, I still think the CIA did that just to piss me off. And I couldn’t turn down the mission because I wasn’t paying attention enough to even know what was going on. Even if I call my dad now, he’d still make me go. I don’t think I am ready to be with Vaughn, alone, on a deep cover mission, let alone posing as a married couple. That means kissing him, rekindling the old flame, basically. Still, even when he touches me, I get shivers up my spine. I don’t think I could kiss him. I would get too caught up, wanting more, when I know that I can’t, I won’t rekindle that flame. Aw, man, I need to go, if I want to stop by & see Carrie and Mitchell before I leave.”
Sydney walked out of her apartment, that’s what she called it. It wasn’t her home. Home is where the heart is & her heart seems to go wherever Vaughn goes. Vaughn stole her heart & has never given it back.
Sydney pulled up to the Flinkman’s house & turned off the engine. Luckily, Carrie knew she was stopping by, so she ran out the front door to meet Syd, while holding Mitchell in her arms.
“Sydney, it’s great to see you!” Carrie exclaimed
“I know, its been too long Carrie. You know, I have never seen this adorable little baby boy in person, only in pictures. I’m sorry I haven’t stopped by and visited” Sydney said sadly, like she was an awful friend, while looking at the ground & swinging her legs back & forth.
“Syd, what you do, for a job, is difficult, Don’t apologize. Now tell me the latest scoop, how’s it between you & Michael?”
Sydney let out a little sigh. She and Carrie have talked on the phone since Mitchell was born, so she knew that Lauren was Covenant & Vaughn killed her. “I” she started stammering, “I don’t know. I know he want to talk, but I don’t know if I’m ready yet. No, it’s not about me being ready, It’s about him being over Lauren. I don’t know if he’s gotten over the fact that Lauren betrayed him. I tried to explain to him that my life is full of betrayal & that I know how he feels & if he ever wants to talk about it, he has my number”
Carrie started out “Well how do you know that’s not what he wants to talk to you about?”
Sydney never thought about that. “How could she be so stupid?” she thought. “I uh, guess I never thought about that. It just seems that in his eyes all I see is desire & hurt”
Carrie said to her “Syd how do you know that he isn’t hurting over the betrayal & his desire is for you to help him out. Betrayal is not something that comes to Vaughn as easy as it does to you. You live enough betrayal for the entire city of L.A. You have had a tough life. Vaughn helped you out through some of it, I think it might be time for you to do the same”
Sydney had tears welled up in her eyes. “Are you sure you’re not a shrink?” she asked, making both of them laugh.
“No, but I’ll take your money if you want, this little guy costs a lot” Carrie said, referring to Mitchell.
“And look, I’ve been here for 5 minutes and haven’t paid you a single second of attention. Can I hold him?” Syd asked hoping Carrie would say no, because Syd was terrified of babies.
“Of Course, you’re like family to us. Mitchell say hi to your Auntie Syd. Mitchell cooed over the new found attention he was getting. He loved it. Carrie put Mitchell in Sydney’s arms, and said “Wow Syd, I’m surprised he didn’t cry. Man, if you didn’t have like the most time consuming job, I’d ask you to baby-sit.”
Sydney was surprised herself, not knowing how Mitchell would react to her lack of knowledge in the baby department. “I would love to baby-sit him, I’m actually on my way out right now, going on another business trip, but when I come back, please, call me up anytime.”
“How long will you be gone for?” Carrie asked, just out of pure curiosity
“Its still undecided” Syd said, sort of tilting her eyebrows upward, knowing that she wasn’t supposed to say deep cover mission outside with civilians around.
“Oh, I see” Carrie said taking the hint.
Just then Sydney’s cell phone started to ring. She gave Mitchell back to Carrie, while she fumble around her pocket for her phone. “Bristow” she simply stated picking up the phone without looking at the caller id.
“Syd, where are you, the plane is ready to take off” Vaughn said with wondering, is she with another guy?
“I’ll be there in 10 minutes” she said & quickly hung up the phone. She didn’t bother in saying goodbye because she hated saying goodbye to Vaughn. It was so formal & their relationship was always relaxed. Wait a minute she thought, I’m not in a relationship with Vaughn. Ugg… This is really difficult. “I’m sorry Carrie, I have to go, but I’ll call you when I get back”
“Thanks for stopping by Syd, it means a lot to me. And please do call!”
Sydney knew it took 10 minutes to drive to Dover field, and another 5 minutes to get her luggage to the plane, so she sped. She got there in her own personal record, considering it took 10 minutes if she had sped already, it only took her 7. She hopped out the car, opened the trunk, when she felt a gentle hand on her shoulder.

I have more written, but you guys have to R&R first!!

I'm glad Carrie talked some sense into Syd's thick head. Of course, the reason why Vaughn wants to talk to Syd is most likely wrong but at least Syd is now receptive to talking to him. He'll have the chance to tell her how much he really loves her and wants her back.

Thanks for the great update and the PM. I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

Chris

That was sooo good!!! I surely hope that Syd lets Vaughn talk to her and that everything will end well and then on their mission they can have lots and lots of Spy!Sex!!!! :thinking: :kissme: :jump: Maybe...just maybe!!!

Thanks for the PM!
-Miriam

I'm so glad u updated!!! I hope Syd n Vaughn have theire lil chat soon. Lol, they have sum MAJOR issues atm. Hehehe.

Thnx 4 da PM, can't wait till u update!

Aly xx

Back