Superheroes Marvel's Ant-Man (2015)

Tom

An Old Friend
affiche-ant-man-2015-2.jpg

Ant-Man (2015) - IMDb

MV5BMTU1MDAwNDk0NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTA4OTIzMDE@._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg

MV5BMTcyMjkxNTgwNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTI5OTM0MTE@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Ant-Man is an upcoming American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics characters of the same name: Scott Lang and Hank Pym. The film is produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. It is intended to be the twelfth installment of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). Peyton Reed is set to direct the film written by Edgar Wright, Joe Cornish and Adam McKay, with Paul Rudd, Michael Douglas and Evangeline Lilly starring. In Ant-Man, Lang must help defend Dr. Pym's Ant-Man technology and plot a heist with worldwide ramifications.
Directed by Peyton Reed
Produced by Kevin Feige
Screenplay by
Based on Ant-Man
by Stan Lee
Larry Lieber
Jack Kirby
Starring
Cinematography Russell Carpenter[1]
Edited by
  • Dan Lebental[1]
  • Colby Parker, Jr.[1]
Production
company
Marvel Studios
Distributed by Walt Disney Studios
Motion Pictures

Release dates
  • July 17, 2015
Country United States
Language English​

Biochemist Dr. Hank Pym uses his latest discovery, a group of subatomic particles, to create a size-altering formula. Though his first self-test goes awry, he develops an instrument that helps him communicate with and control insects...

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
I'm not too sure about this one. The test footage makes me think of a robot movie from Japan during the late 1970's - early 1980's era.

Tom

An Old Friend
Cool, I thought it was going to be just more of the same.
From the few previews I've seen the effects look pretty good.
I used to imagine what it would be like to be shrunken to the size of an ant.
Hopefully it didn't have too much of the cheesy superheroe dialog.
That is so old and busted.

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
Omg, i've just seen this movie yesterday, it was so awesome, the action scenes and etc.
I haven't seen it yet. Do you think Ant-Man fits in to the 'top level' Marvel Universe movies likes The Avengers, Captain America, Thor, and Iron Man or do you see it as more of a ancillary movie like Guardians of the Galaxy?

Naiwen

Cadet
I haven't seen it yet. Do you think Ant-Man fits in to the 'top level' Marvel Universe movies likes The Avengers, Captain America, Thor, and Iron Man or do you see it as more of a ancillary movie like Guardians of the Galaxy?
Well, I didn't think Avengers was that good and Guardians of the Galaxy I didn't particularly like, so yeah. But i can say that Ant-Man tops them all. I simply love it : the action, and etc. You gotta see it.

astonwest

Writing Fool
Writer
I saw this a couple of weeks ago (in a flurry of movie-watching). I enjoyed it. I've enjoyed the other Marvel movies as well. This one focused more on the plot (and the characters advancing through the plot) than most of the others, in my opinion. It still had enough action and such to keep the popcorn flowing, though.

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
I finally had a chance to see this one, thanks to a Verizon FiOS "free preview" weekend of the premium channels like Starz, and I really liked it. I like that they tied in the old classic Ant-Man stories with Hank & Janet Pym while handing off the characters to the current modern Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) story line. For those familiar with the original character story lines of Hank & Janet will understand when I say that handing off the "Ant-Man" and "Wasp" characters to new people is a good thing because it avoids the MCU having to deal with the dark & brutal parts of Hank & Janet's relationship.

The movie has a much lighter feel to versus the rest of the MCU and it works as a nice offset to the other movies that sometimes take themselves a bit too seriously. Paul Rudd and his group of cohorts have some funny scenes but nothing over-the-top silly.

If I had to think of something negative to say about it, it'd be Hank's key-chain; it was pretty obvious what was really going on with it.