Miracles Happen

SkyGirl5

Cadet
:hi:

Title: Miracles Happen
Genre: S/V Angst
Tagline: She was his salvation... now he must be hers

A/N: This fic was written in April.... dont know why im tellin u that i just am :lol:
Warning: this is a very, very sad fic. Everyone, including me, cried so don't say i didn't warn you ;)

Miracles Happen
She was his salvation… now he must be hers

Chapter 1
The train rocked back and forth gently as it emerged out into the sunlight again. Michael Vaughn took one last look back at the sun sparkling off the New York City high rises and then he looked forward to New Jersey. Typically, people weren’t excited or anxious on this direction of the journey but Michael was. Well maybe not excited, but definitely anxious. He was going home. He was going home to say goodbye to the woman that he loved so dearly for the first 22 years of his life.

Back in New York was one life; in New Jersey there was another. Both of them lifetimes apart but yet tied together. In New York he was Michael, sophisticated Columbia University grad bound for law school in the fall. In New Jersey he was Michael, a devastated boy who’s life was plagued with tragedy and who loved a girl more than life itself. Was he truly either of these people? He didn’t know anymore. But he was trying to find out.

For just a moment his thoughts drifted back to his current girlfriend of over a year, Lauren Reed. She was also a Columbia grad bound for law school. But there was definitely something different about his relationship with her. He hid a part of himself that he only let shine through when he was with her. He told Lauren why he was going and she understood. In fact, she was even compassionate about it and encouraged him to go. She told him it was something he needed to do. And that was truer than she could ever imagine.

Michael shifted in his seat and began to face the passing industrial parks that were New Jersey. A New Jersey Transit train sped past the window going the opposite direction and momentarily blocked his view of the wasteland of rusted iron and empty, abandoned train cars. He couldn’t help but laugh slightly at the idea that he had actually anticipated this for weeks.

But it wasn’t the smoke stacks and litter he was anticipating. It was her.

What had he told Lauren? That in his senior year of high school his long time friend and girlfriend at the time was diagnosed with a rare form of leukemia. She had a bone marrow transplant; but it failed. She had insisted that he leave before she passed and so he did, but only because it was her wish that he do so. He hadn’t been back to visit her grave, he never had the heart to do so. But he felt that he needed to close that door in his life. So he needed to go back.

That wasn’t a lie of course; it just wasn’t the whole truth. He left out that he was deeply and passionately in love with this young woman and that he missed her every day of his life. Even at such a young age he fantasized about marrying her and having a family with her, even more so after she got sick. What else hadn’t he told her? That it was his bone marrow that had failed to save her and that final night he was with her had been both the worst and best of his life.

Also, and most importantly of all, she was his salvation though all the rough times in his life and the fact that he couldn’t save her ate him up inside.

So he was going home to say goodbye. He needed to move on; after all it had been four years. He felt as though he couldn’t move on, not without a proper goodbye to the woman who gave him so much. So he was going home to say a final goodbye to his love, Sydney Bristow.

wow! my eyes are watering reading this and i don't cry much. this is awesome. i feel bad for Vaughn because he feels horrible that he couldn't save her. thanks for the pm.

That was really really good watch sydney still be alive and her parents wouldnt let her see him those 4 years cause there mad that the bone marrow didnt work.....but that what i want so it probalby won't happen LOL anyways that was great can i get a PM por favor!!!!!!

God...you're amazing! And this story is breathtaking like the others!

Please keep me in your pm list!

Thanx and update soon!

Huh :thinking: is she dead?
Loved the start, cant wait for more, thanks for the pm, and keep me on the list please :D

ok, i know where this is goin, and its gonna end up with me, in tears everytime i read it, :cry: and did lauran HAVE to be in the story :(

ok i'm done b*tchin, sososo great beginning
please pm me when you update
thanx for the pm can't wait for more

PM LIST
ballerina
vaughnshoney
Monstica
aliasdancer007
buckeyealum2000
ubielecki
Garner_Chick6
fieldstation
Alias79
gucci_94
jb288
KAliasGirl
sydney_alias_vaughn
spy_girl21
texasalias2004

omgosh that is so sad :( arghhhh you were right >.< soo angsty..but it was so good too lol thanks for the pm :smiley: *goes off to keep wallowing in sorrow about it..>.<*

oooo n keep me on the pm list plz? ^_^ thanks

Back