Cadet
Auron... !
Auron_by_Rasukai.jpg

Valefor :eek:
Valefor_by_Rasukai.jpg

And Yuna
Yuna_again_by_Rasukai.jpg

Also check out my Deviant page Rasukai User Profile | DeviantArt
:D i may do some hero's journey stuff when the game comes out ^^.

Okay, I'm not normally rude, but as an amateur artist myself, I feel I have to say this as I've said to SO many people before.

Stop trying to look at another drawing and copy it. If you want to do FFX characters, that's fine. But come up with your own versions. I can clearly recognize those from the FFX art.

When you're an amateur artist (such as myself) you HAVE to look at other drawings to get the poses, profile, hair details, clothing details, etc. right. Only after doing that for quite awhile can you truly picture the character in your head, in whatever pose or position you want them to be in and can go from there. Poses are a real bitch to try to do in the beginning, just getting the face or hands right is hard enough but drawing them the way you want them to be only comes with practice of seeing how others have drawn them and using it as a template. Eventually you can modify someone's work, or combine two poses to make something new but if you have no where to start, where will you end up going?

I can't draw worth beans, but I still say that the face is by far the easiest part. My bodies always end up looking weird and misshapen. :(

I dunno, I have to agree more with Daax on this one. I took quite alot of art classes throughout high school and college and never found copying others works to be of any use. You just start with simple things and work your way up using others' works for inspiration, but not direct aid really. Until you get to a more advanced stage, when you can really analyze brush/pencil strokes and try to imitate the works of the masters, copying is not of that much use. Much better to find out what your own style is and what you can really do, rather than hold yourself to some one else's standard.

Back