Mounts by Level?

Hmm, mounts... I don't really care too much as to if they should have levels or not. I am more worried about the reality instead of basically appearing into thin air for example. Plus, the economic value of mounts. Most often they are extremely expensive, only for high levels and limited to a few creatures usually just a horse. Maybe these mounts should not be obtained from a vendor for a certain amount of money but rather captured by characters in the wild (rangers?). It would be fun, take some time, and still be valued at a high price as there would be the need to set up several traps (and different types of traps depending on the creature trying to catch). For example, having a hole covered by leaves where the creature would fall if steped on it. Or a net made of viens tied in a tree where it would be very similar but the creature would by stuck up over the ground. In the meantime, the hunter could be at a camp making a fire while doing crafting. Once a possible creature would be caught, the hunter would have to train it to be mountable. This way new players could recieve mounts because they have time, and those who do not wish to waste that time count buy them. Of course newcommers would not sell mounts to those at a higher level because there traps would not be able to catch high level creatures (faster, stronger, etc...). Just some thoughts.

Maybe having the more common mounts, like say lower level horses, donkey, riding dog (;) ) be available via vendors or in different cities but the more unusual or powerful mouns have to be captured and trained properly might be good.

Hmm, mounts... I don't really care too much as to if they should have levels or not. I am more worried about the reality instead of basically appearing into thin air for example. Plus, the economic value of mounts. Most often they are extremely expensive, only for high levels and limited to a few creatures usually just a horse. Maybe these mounts should not be obtained from a vendor for a certain amount of money but rather captured by characters in the wild (rangers?). It would be fun, take some time, and still be valued at a high price as there would be the need to set up several traps (and different types of traps depending on the creature trying to catch). For example, having a hole covered by leaves where the creature would fall if steped on it. Or a net made of viens tied in a tree where it would be very similar but the creature would by stuck up over the ground. In the meantime, the hunter could be at a camp making a fire while doing crafting. Once a possible creature would be caught, the hunter would have to train it to be mountable. This way new players could recieve mounts because they have time, and those who do not wish to waste that time count buy them. Of course newcommers would not sell mounts to those at a higher level because there traps would not be able to catch high level creatures (faster, stronger, etc...). Just some thoughts.

This would be good gameplay Furt. I had a great time in my imagination with your ideas here spending a nice casual non-combat evening just enjoying the type of rich 'solo play' that's incorporated in the notions you put forth. Good stuff indeed.

Back