Name Meanings

okay, this is really random but i've looked everywhere and i can't find the clip of the scene where syd and irina hug out in that CIA exercise pen thingy, and then the guards force them apart. does anyone know where i can find it?!?!?!?
thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its from abduction

Crawstinium said:
okay, this is really random but i've looked everywhere and i can't find the clip of the scene where syd and irina hug out in that CIA exercise pen thingy, and then the guards force them apart. does anyone know where i can find it?!?!?!?
thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its from abduction
:eek:fftopic: :eek:fftopic: :eek:fftopic:

Actually I was looking around a while back and saw a different meaning for Sydney, so I went back and here it is:

Sydney is a very VERY old name. So old, that there are three possible origins of the name: French (de Sydenie or Sedeneye), Old English (multiple locations, relating to islands or lands near water) and Latin/Greek (Sidonius, or "coming from Sidon").

However, the name and all its variations, especially when given to a girl, is mostly thought to derive from the Greek Sindon meaning (in honour of Christ's) linen shroud.
The name even has its own family motto: QUO FATA VOCANT which translates from latin as "Whither the Fates call."

this is really neat!! Michael's name suits him perfectly!! but i don't know about Sloane's! i had to take a breather after laughing soo hard, because i don't think he is a friend unless distrust, greed, and loving to kill are qualities that are in friends!!

Victoria King said:
this is really neat!! Michael's name suits him perfectly!! but i don't know about Sloane's! i had to take a breather after laughing soo hard, because i don't think he is a friend unless distrust, greed, and loving to kill are qualities that are in friends!!
yeah, when i read it, it was like : ....silence...."Arvin means ppl's friend" ...more silence..."ppl's friend my ass" ...(and thus leaving me in a hysterical state) LMao, afterwards, i was laughing so hard. Michael, angel go hand in hand, it strangley enough reminds me of that movie with John Travolta being an angel and his name was Michael..

By the time Alias started (after 11 pm eastern), my wife & I couldn't stay up & never did set the VCR. You have any idea when & if Phase I will be repeated in the very near future?

Yes, don't be perverted. No one could be skating on thinner ice now.Yes, don't be perverted. No one could be skating on thinner ice now.

Secondly- I take it Doppelganger is german? I guess so , so I think I will use it in a sentence for my german 1 class and see if I can confuse my teacher....MUAHAHAHAHA!

LOL Paula

Doppleganger episode possible explanation (at least on one level): Will met with the fake Kate Jones during this episode. As far as everyone's names go, some of them are insightful and some are sarcastic...unless the writers are planning a huge flip where sloane will become the friend of the people...but that would just be wrong.
I don't remember if anyone else said this, but Michael is one of the 4 powerful archangels, and is often associated with fire!

hey, since we're talking about rambaldi so much, i looked up his first name milo and this is what i got:

"Your first name of Milo has given you a practical, logical, analytical approach to life and a great deal of patience. You enjoy working at anything of a mechanical or technical nature, and believe that what is worth doing is worth doing well. When you are interested in a project, you concentrate all your thoughts on it and do not appreciate being interrupted. This name creates a deliberate and methodical way of thinking and speaking; it takes you time to learn but, once you have mastered a subject, you do not forget it. You are very systematic in all you do and do not like to see things out of order; however, there is a tendency for you to be too fussy. There is a seriousness to your nature which could cause you to worry over your responsibilities, especially when confronted with change and uncertainty. You are overly fond of heavy foods such as meat, potatoes, breads and pastries and could suffer with stomach and intestinal disorders, constipation or boils.

While the first name of Milo has some constructive qualities, it has characteristics that undermine your long-term happiness and success in life."

this is all from kabalarian philosophy. they were surprisingly accurate with my name - both my legal birth name and the name i actually use (my alias! :D ).

anyway, just thought that was interesting. :smiley:

a few days before the server failure i had posted a thread that became kinda popular... with meanings of names... and full explanations of how they related to alias characters. i'll create it again, it may take a while to get all of the names back up tho

since we´re talking bout dictionaries.. I´m from Argentina and I wanted to know the meaning of "lurve" and "angst". Can somebody help me, cause I can´t find them anywhere.

Carol_Syd&Vaughn said:
since we´re talking bout dictionaries.. I´m from Argentina and I wanted to know the meaning of "lurve" and "angst". Can somebody help me, cause I can´t find them anywhere.
This is off topic. However...

from Dictionary by Merriam-Webster: America's most-trusted online dictionary and Dictionary.com Is The World’s Favorite Online Dictionary

Lurve is not a word - maybe you were thinking of the Louvre museum?

As for angst:

Dictionary.com:
an acute but unspecific feeling of anxiety; usually reserved for philosophical anxiety about the world or about personal freedom

M-W.com:
a feeling of anxiety, apprehension, or insecurity

Back