Action Ned Kelly (2003)

V

verdantheart

Title: Ned Kelly

Tagline: The British Empire branded them as outlaws. The oppressed called them heroes.

Genre: Action, Adventure, Drama, History

Director: Gregor Jordan

Cast: Heath Ledger, Orlando Bloom, Geoffrey Rush, Naomi Watts, Joel Edgerton, Laurence Kinlan, Philip Barantini, Kerry Condon, Kris McQuade, Emily Browning, Kiri Paramore, Rachel Griffiths, Geoff Morrell, Charles Tingwell, Saskia Burmeister, Peter Phelps, Russell Dykstra, Nick Farnell, Russell Gilbert, Brooke Harman, Molly McCaffrey, Nicholas Bell, Anthony Hayes, Jonathan Hardy, Karen Davitt, Declan Simpson, Andrew S. Gilbert, Jerome Ehlers, Robert Taylor, Tim Wright

Release: 2003-03-22

Runtime: 110

Plot: After getting threatened by Kelly's friends and family, Constable Fitzpatrick places the blame on Ned Kelly and exaggerates what happened. With the biggest ever award available, Kelly and his gang set into the wild, to remain hidden from everyone who seeks them. Even if it means having his family arrested, the members of the Kelly Gang stay hidden and plan a way to get their names cleared.
Ned Kelly (2003)

I saw this in TV Guide online and since there are so many Orlando Bloom fans here, I thought I'd pass it along.

Question: I've heard lots of rumors about a new movie called Ned Kelly, with Heath Ledger and Orlando Bloom. It's supposed to be the biopic of the Australian outlaw. Are they done filming and is there a release date? — Mackenzie

FlickChick: Ned Kelly, which stars Heath Ledger as the 19th-century outlaw often called Australia's Jesse James, is not only finished but has already opened in Australia to generally good reviews. The son of Irish immigrants, Kelly (1854-1880) was arrested for horse stealing as a teenager and spent the bulk of his short life on the wrong side of a legal system notorious for not giving the poor or the Irish a fair shake. With his brother and two friends he formed a gang and terrorized outback settlements, making fools of the police in the process. Orlando Bloom is one of Kelly's gang members and Geoffrey Rush plays Kelly's Pat Garrett, South African Police Superintendent Hare. Naomi Watts is also in the film, as a fictional love interest. This film was based on novelist novelist Robert Drewe's Our Sunshine; there's a second Ned Kelly project still in the development, to be directed by Neil Jordan from Peter Carey's The True History of the Kelly Gang. Ned Kelly will be released in the US in 2004 by Focus Features.

I hope this was of interest.
;)

Oooo this movie was released in Australia a while ago, but I don't know when it will be released anywhere else. :( I read somewhere that it will be released in the US in December, but I'm not sure.

Yeah, I knew that it was released in Australia, but who knows when it will be out here! Hmmm, that could be fun to find out!

IMDB says 19 March 2004. Don't see South Africa listed. That could always change, though. Hope that helps!
;)

Was out a while ago here in OZ. It got pretty good reviews. I didn't see it unfortunately (I saw a few clips), but my History teacher commented about how true it was to historical facts. Naomi Watts character is totally made up but they said it made a good touch to the movie. And Heath Ledger and Orlando Bloom just make it that extra bit speciall!! :D

No body's heard of it that's pretty sad.... their about these bandits well bandit type people... but yeah there hasn't been much press about it though I saw some stuff about it recently in Entertainment Weekly

Ned kelly is the best movie.
i'm guessing that it has just been released in usa cause it was released in aus last year and eveyone loved it. Ned Kelly is a famous australian bush ranger.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database