Action Ned Kelly (2003)

i don't think it's been released in the us yet, they were having difficulty putting it out here. i really want to see it though. i should order it from some australian store

Ok I rented this movie for two reasons
1) Orli and Heath Ledger
2) I thought it was an action movie

I am a huge action movie person though being a girly girl barely anyone expects that of me.

I usually don't rave on drama movies cause that's not my thing...drama movies not raving lol not partying but talking good things about it...cause personally drama movies suck sometimes cause most of the time they make me cry.

Anyways I have so much to say about this movie.
Its a good movie its rated R for violence and breif nudity.
I would recommend people to see this, I know alot of people haven't heard of this movie cause it didn't get that much publicity. Because its one of those untold stories of history just like the running out of the native americans from the US and the US Japense Intermint camps, or the Japanese Bio Project. This movie is an untold story of Austrailia and how the British Police in certain parts mistreated other poor people who weren't British...like Ned Kelley who was Irish born in Aussi but was Irish through blood. It is a heart wrenching story a good movie and a tear jerker at the end. Please watch it if you're able to.

my aunt and i saw it the other day. i didn't really know what it was, but she wanted it because she went to australia a few years ago. she went to his jail cell and wore the mask he wore when he died. it was a really good movie, i also reccomend it.

Uh, she wouldn't have worn the mask! What she means is she saw his death mask. That is a mask made of his face after he died, and it's behind glass.

Ned Kelly is an extremely famous bushranger from Australian history. It's certainly not an 'untold story'. It's just that most people in other countries don't know much about Australian history. And he was an outlaw, and a lot of people were upset he was portrayed as a hero.

The film probably didn't get much publicity overseas because it is an Australian film with mostly Australian actors, and made mainly for an Australian audience.

I rented this movie for two reasons too but they were
1. Heath Ledger
2. Orli Bloom
3. It's an intresting story.

okay so that's 3. But the reason most people haven't heard of the movie is because it went direct-to-video. The only reason I even heard they made the movie is because I looked in the Best Buy ads and saw the movie Ned Kelly.

I recomend the movie, it was really good but the only thig that kinda bothered me is there were parts in the movie where since they were speaking in the accents when they talked low I couldn't hear or understand what they were saying even when I turned up the volume (n) . But overall the movie was good :woot: :lol: :D I've liked every movie with Orlando so far :woot: :blush: :angelic: POTC, Troy, LOTR, Ned Kelly :angelic:

Natalia said:
Uh, she wouldn't have worn the mask! What she means is she saw his death mask. That is a mask made of his face after he died, and it's behind glass.

Ned Kelly is an extremely famous bushranger from Australian history. It's certainly not an 'untold story'. It's just that most people in other countries don't know much about Australian history. And he was an outlaw, and a lot of people were upset he was portrayed as a hero.

The film probably didn't get much publicity overseas because it is an Australian film with mostly Australian actors, and made mainly for an Australian audience.
[post="974355"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

bang on....thats right....us Aussie are FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANTASTIC!

you spelled Kelly wrong :D

Natalia said:

[post="974355"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

That's really interesting...so ok Ned Kelley is known as a bad guy or good guy in Aussi.. and ur right I just thought it was an untold story cause well I don't know very many people who have heard of him.

I guess you could say that Ned Kelly is the Australian equivalent of Robin Hood, in that he is one of the national icons, and figure of much speculation.

He was a bushranger, which is somebody who used to hijack and rob the carriages passing along the main roads in Australia in the 1800s. Australia is roughly the size of the US in land size, but very sparsely populated (even now we only have about 20 million poeple), so the roads were dangerous, and people often encountered bushrangers. The film industry, of course, knew they couldn't make him out to be a bad guy, and while he was obviously poorly treated by a lot of people, he was still a criminal.

I just read a whole lot of extremely confused reviews over at imdb.com, so I thought I would post this little bit from the official site:

"The story of Ned Kelly is one of the great Australian legends. He has been cast as both a hero and a villain, a gentleman and a murderous thug. The distinctive armour worn by the Kelly Gang helped Ned become an icon in Australian culture, featured in films, books, paintings and even the opening ceremony of the 2000 Sydney Olympics."

Most of the Americans who wrote reviews said that us Aussies stole their story of Jesse James and made up our own versions! I don't even know who Jesse James is!

Natalia said:
I just read a whole lot of extremely confused reviews over at imdb.com, so I thought I would post this little bit from the official site:

"The story of Ned Kelly is one of the great Australian legends. He has been cast as both a hero and a villain, a gentleman and a murderous thug. The distinctive armour worn by the Kelly Gang helped Ned become an icon in Australian culture, featured in films, books, paintings and even the opening ceremony of the 2000 Sydney Olympics."
Most of the Americans who wrote reviews said that us Aussies stole their story of Jesse James and made up our own versions! I don't even know who Jesse James is!
[post="995424"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Jesse James. Heard of him but have no clue about him!

I really liked this movie first:
Heath & Orlando :love: :love: as if they arent enough ^_^
But it was really really intersting especially cuz its a true story
i mean it was really sad at the end but i foudn it totally enjoyable :D