Dismiss Notice
Alien Soup is a free community for fans of science-fiction, horror, & fantasy! Everybody is welcome here.

Nicholas Sparks

Discussion in 'Books' started by *Agent Legolas*, Mar 20, 2003.

Tags:
  1. *Agent Legolas*

*Agent Legolas* Rocket Ranger

I love Nicholas Spark's books!! But usually they have REALLY sad endings like A Walk to Remember and A Message in a Bottle. I think that the stories are very well written. Is anyone else a fan of Nicholas Sparks books?

2. Victoria King

Victoria King Rocket Ranger

i am! i loved a walk to remember, thankfully i read it before the movie came out, i was so sad that they took out the orphanage story and how she gave him her Bible. he is a great writer i also read a message in a bottle but nothing else of his,(there is atleast two more books to add to my to-read list of about two hundred!lol)

3. *Agent Legolas*

Yeah those are the only two of his books I read too, but I want to read more of his stories!! I have a to- read list about that long too!! :LOL:

4. Victoria King

each time i finish a book i have heard of about twenty or more that sound amazing, so it just keeps piling up, as soon as i finish one i have one lined up in my hand ready to be read!LOL

5. *Agent Legolas*

That's the same with me too!! :LOL: There is a never- ending list of books that I want to read!!! :D ^_^

6. btvaughn

btvaughn Rocket Ranger

I'm a huge fan of his! I love all of the books, I've read almost all of them. Even though, he hasn't written that many yet. Message in a Bottle was really sad, but my favorite was the Rescue. I definitely recommend that one to those of you who like Nicholas Sparks.

7. mdw

mdw Rocket Ranger

My favorite book of his is A Bend in the Road, then the Rescue. I think he's a great writer! I can't wait to read all of his books.

My lists of books to read never stops growing either! What kills me is when you look for a book at Amazon.com, it gives you a list of other similar authors & books, then I end up adding them to my list too!

8. Victoria King

LOL! thanks for those suggestions! a bend in the road and rescue, added to my long list!LOL

9. btvaughn

btvaughn Rocket Ranger

Don't you just love having long lists? The only one of his I didn't like, was the most recent one, Nights in Rodanthe (or somethin like that). I just couldn't relate to the story, they were too old.

10. *Agent Legolas*

Were those books really good? Those are on my list too!! :LOL: Yeah it's hard for me to go on amazon.com without seeing at least 3 books that I want to read!!

11. totally4alias10

totally4alias10 Rocket Ranger

I'm a big fan of his books too!! And I also have a long list *sigh*

12. syd_spy47

syd_spy47 Rocket Ranger

I've read A Bend in the Road and Nights in Rodanthe. I saw A Walk to Remember. I also have a long list of books I need to read.

13. *Agent Legolas*

Was Nights in Rodanthe good?

14. syd_spy47

syd_spy47 Rocket Ranger

I liked it. It was more about an older couple (mid 40's-50's I think) so it's kinda hard to relate, but still I would read it!

15. *Agent Legolas*

I really want to read A Bend in the Road!!! :D :woot:

16. syd_spy47

syd_spy47 Rocket Ranger

OH, that was so good! :woot: I loved it!

17. *Agent Legolas*

I'll have to get that soon then!! :D

18. Existentialist

Existentialist Entertainment Moderator

I've read The Notebook, A Walk To Remember (the movie was so disappointing compared to the book!), and Message in a Bottle.
    But I don't know... his writing style doesn't really strike my fancy much. I think I'm too jaded.

19. *Agent Legolas*

A lot of his stories are depressing in the end, but I still think they are very well written!!

20. splits_chica47

splits_chica47 Captain

i loved a walk to remember and message in a bottle is on my list! but i wish that the movie had been a bit more acurate... i m not saying i dont love it but i think that they left out and altered a few important parts!