Nip/Tuck

I know, I sat there for 5 mintutes after watching the last bit with Christian and my mouth was wide open and I didn't say a word, I just turned to my mother and gave her a shocked look and then turned back and continued to stare at the credits! :eek: :thud:

I just started watching this show on DVD. I've only watched three episodes. So far, it's entertaining, but not a must-see. The surgery scenes are graphic, but not as much as I thought they would be.

Not a must-see?!? Get out!

I'm sorry but this show is so much better than Alias, even Alias at its best. I think it's even better than Lost. No wonder it was the Golden Globe winner for Best Drama last year.

Season 3 premieres on Tuesday, September 20th, 10 PM on FX with only 11 minutes of commercials. The show will be 90 minutes long.

I just started watching this show - had always wanted to, but unfortunate lack of cable made that impossible. I picked up the Season One DVD's at Target Monday, they were on sale for $18.88 (so cheap!!).

I love the show, it's really pulled me in and my husband likes the show too. ^_^ Hopefully, Season Two goes on sale soon too. ;)

Ehh, I definitely don't think it's better than Alias or Lost. It's very VERY good, but it's also very self-absorbed. It will show graphic violence and sexual content for unneeded purposes at some times.

Ehh, I definitely don't think it's better than Alias or Lost. It's very VERY good, but it's also very self-absorbed. It will show graphic violence and sexual content for unneeded purposes at some times.

You have to come into the show knowning that though. And I don't think it's unnecessary. The sexual scenes show the characters. Like the pilot. I loved how Christian's raunchy sex scene with Kimber was juxtiposed with Sean and Julia's very dull and boring sex scene. It set you up with how the characters were going to be like and behave for the most part. I don't think it's overdone...and the violence fits with what's going on. Like the other night, I'm sure if some guy who was drunk was fooling around with a transvestite and then found out that they were still naturally a guy, they'd be pretty ticked and would do the same thing Matt did...remember he was very drunk. I don't know, it all fits for me.

And I so totally think it is a million times better than Alias (can't really speak for Lost, haven't seen enough of it...but from what I have seen I'd say Nip/Tuck is better). The character and plot development is so intricate. It is absolutely amazing. I just love it.

On a side note, I got Season 1 on DVD Thursday (present from my boyfriend...it was 19 bucks at Wal-Mart). It gave me something to watch Thursday night (since I didn't tune into Alias). Nip/Tuck was definitely a much better choice.

I've actually seen almost all of Season One. Season Two I haven't seen all of, but the few episode I've seen were BEYOND amazing, and I've heard good things about it. And Season Three is quite awesome right now.

Yes, sometimes the sexual activities play a large part in why the show is so amazing. Like in the last episode when they kicked out the girlfriend because "Three just doesn't work", and similarly there was a lot of tension between the three parents. That was a great parallel.

But there's some episodes where I don't understand why there's so much sex. LOL. It's just like....yeah, sex. LMAO

Nip/Tuck is definitely better than *certain* eras in Alias *COUGHseason3COUGH*. lol

Just saw what would've been last Tuesday's episode (I think I've said this elsewhere, but I can't usually watch them when they air, because my roommate does not approve).

It was sooo good!

Oh man, I am so in love with Kimber and Christian!! :love: As screwed up as they are, they are too sweet!

Yeah! That was a really good one!

This weeks was SO AWESOME THOUGH! Oh my god! You NEED to see it!

I did see it!! :D

I was home for fall break, so I actually got to watch it when it aired.

It was sooo amazing. I loved how everything came full circle with the cutting...even though you can't really love that, because it's horrible.

I loved the emotion in this episode! Christian was emotional, Sean was emotional, Matt was emotional (even though I hate Matt), and it made me emotional.

I loved that little old lady...and though I knew it wouldn't happen I wanted her husband to recognize her soo badly.

And I knew when that woman first came in that she really wasn't a carver victim...I wasn't expecting the carver to attack her at the end though. I still can't figure out who it is! Everyone seems too obvious. I don't think it's Christian though...or rather I don't want it to be him...I like him too much.

I cannot wait for next week's episode though!!! I just love Nip/Tuck, and I think that was probably the best episode so far of the season! (y)

And I so totally think it is a million times better than Alias (can't really speak for Lost, haven't seen enough of it...but from what I have seen I'd say Nip/Tuck is better).
Amen! I haven't seen all of season one yet, but I'd say it's comparable to seasons one and two of Alias (I know once I'm finished watching it, I'm going to want season 2 and it's not going to be as cheap as season one was! :( ). Anything after season 2 of Alias, I'd say yeah right.

I think it's better than Lost as well. Lost is all questions, questions, questions, a hint of an answer, questions, etc - this show has soooo much more going for it IMO.

I hope Mr. Homosexual!Doctor is The Carver. He's just....annoying. Plus, the raping thing might make more sense.....I dunno. Just make him leave! LOL

I've begun to hate Matt more and more this season, but in all honesty, he was right when he said "You're sick". That family is almost as effed up as the Bristows! LMAO!

Awww....the Little Old Lady was heartbroken! I was kinda expecting him to not recognize her and having her do this whole "The Notebook" routine on him. But the girlfriend thing was WTF?!

God. I hate those Child Abusers Incorporated-type people! "Oh look! There's a one-inch bruise ON HER KNEE! Because NOBODY ever gets a bruise there while playing sports!" <_<

Amen! I haven't seen all of season one yet, but I'd say it's comparable to seasons one and two of Alias (I know once I'm finished watching it, I'm going to want season 2 and it's not going to be as cheap as season one was! :( ). Anything after season 2 of Alias, I'd say yeah right.

I think it's better than Lost as well. Lost is all questions, questions, questions, a hint of an answer, questions, etc - this show has soooo much more going for it IMO.

I agree. This show is just so awesome...and while possibly on the same lines as Alias 1 and 2 (quality wise) it surpasses everything after that.

And I think they should discount season 2 too. I just got season 1 at Wal-Mart insanely cheap, but I want season 2! Might have to hold out on that one.

I hope Mr. Homosexual!Doctor is The Carver. He's just....annoying. Plus, the raping thing might make more sense.....I dunno. Just make him leave! LOL

I've begun to hate Matt more and more this season, but in all honesty, he was right when he said "You're sick". That family is almost as effed up as the Bristows! LMAO!

Awww....the Little Old Lady was heartbroken! I was kinda expecting him to not recognize her and having her do this whole "The Notebook" routine on him. But the girlfriend thing was WTF?!

God. I hate those Child Abusers Incorporated-type people! "Oh look! There's a one-inch bruise ON HER KNEE! Because NOBODY ever gets a bruise there while playing sports!" <_<

I want Quentin to be the Carver too...though I think that is waayy too obvious. I really hope it isn't Sean or Christian...that'd make me so sad.

And I agree, he was completely right about how screwed up the family is...he has been through a lot. But he is really ticking me off this season. Arrgg! I can't stand him!

The little old lady! That ripped my heart out. Sean had been so nice to her, and all she wanted was for her husband to remember her for a minute, but he had a girlfriend...stupid old man. But that was realistic (minus the girlfriend part). My grandmother has alzheimers, and that's how she is -_-

Those people ticked me off too! And the sad thing is, stuff like that really happens. It's insane. I'm always covered in brusies, because I bruise so easily. I knock into a table and I literally get a nasty huge bruise...and half of the ones I have I don't know where they came from. And obviously Sean was angry...his son just filed a restraining order on him and they were accusing him of abusing Annie, yet they used that anger as part of the reason why they took her away...idiots.

WHOA! THAT was an episode of Nip/Tuck!

HOW convincing was Kit's arguments that Christian was The Carver! I was SO AFRAID that he was actually going to be!

What a great reunion between Christian and his mother! He was actually conceived by RAPE? That's just.....heartbreaking. That was an incredible scene!

And how messed up is the Christian/Sean relationship now?! (Not that it hasn't already been) But, that's harsh, Sean not trusting Christian like that. Christian brought up a good point. If he was The Carver, that would have mean that he would have had to cut Sean.

And THANK GOD for the whole "It was all a dream!" sequence to actually be a dream sequence. Because if they would have used that as a cop out, I would have been PISSED!

And OMG....Christian used his one call to make to a reporter to create jealousy for The Carver? Genius! Even more genius was that The Carver cut that b**** Kit! LMAO! She had it coming from the beginning!!

And does ANYONE else still think that Quentin is The Carver? Once Christian brought up the fact that Kit could have planted the condom because she would have access to it, I started thinking how maybe Quentin could have gotten one of them from his...brief...time there. I dunno. I just....wanna see him GO.

WHOA! THAT was an episode of Nip/Tuck!

HOW convincing was Kit's arguments that Christian was The Carver! I was SO AFRAID that he was actually going to be!

What a great reunion between Christian and his mother! He was actually conceived by RAPE? That's just.....heartbreaking. That was an incredible scene!

And how messed up is the Christian/Sean relationship now?! (Not that it hasn't already been) But, that's harsh, Sean not trusting Christian like that. Christian brought up a good point. If he was The Carver, that would have mean that he would have had to cut Sean.

And THANK GOD for the whole "It was all a dream!" sequence to actually be a dream sequence. Because if they would have used that as a cop out, I would have been PISSED!

And OMG....Christian used his one call to make to a reporter to create jealousy for The Carver? Genius! Even more genius was that The Carver cut that b**** Kit! LMAO! She had it coming from the beginning!!

And does ANYONE else still think that Quentin is The Carver? Once Christian brought up the fact that Kit could have planted the condom because she would have access to it, I started thinking how maybe Quentin could have gotten one of them from his...brief...time there. I dunno. I just....wanna see him GO.

Oh man! I just saw it and I'm seriously like :jawdrop:

Alright, my analysis.

I effing hate Kit!!! :angry: She is a witch (with a capital B). Seriously, I'm not convinced that she didn't plant that condom because she was ticked that Christian actually ended things with her. Arrgg...I hate her!

And I don't like Christian's mother. I understand that what she went through was a horrible, horrible experience...but to tell him that because of "what he did" she should've aborted him because he's just like his father AFTER JUST MEETING him is ridiculous. I felt so bad for Christian...his whole thing about how he used to imagine that his mother was in heaven looking down on him while he was being molested was the only reason he kept going. And then to find out that his mother was that woman...ugh!

I was seriously ticked off at Sean. I mean c'mon! The evidence was circumstantial, and he knew that Christian had a relationship with Kit that ended badly so she might have reason to retaliate. There is no excuse for him not to trust them man that he calls his best friend. I was majorly disappointed in him. Especially the fact that he thought Christian was capable of cutting him! Christian will be the first to admit that he's done some less than savory things in his life...but he is not capable of causing physical harm to his "brother". Sean is not on my good list.

I so agree about the "dream sequence". I was going to be extremely pissed off it it actually was all a dream. But after it was shown that it was just a dream, it was a good one. Showed that he really does care about Kimber (but I'll get to that in a minute).

I knew that the person the Carver was going to get would be Kit...I just knew it! I was so happy...as awful as that sounds. She deserves it! And Sean can get all bent out of shape as much as he wants...maybe if he had actually stood up for Christian then it wouldn't have had to come to that. But Kit deserved it...now she knows what it feels like.

Quentin is seeming more and more like the Carver...but right now I don't think it's him. Just for the fact that it seems way too obvious. We'll see as things go along, but I think it's going to be someone that we least expect. Everyone is expecting Quentin.

Now on to Kimber. I'm obviously in love with the Christian/Kimber relationship (just check out the avatar). Even though it's sooo screwed up you just know that they love each other. I loved how Christian said he did in tonight's episode and was standing up for her. I also loved how Kimber was the only one who stood by and believed Christian. Plus the dream sequence was sweet...it showed that he loves and trusts her...awwww :love: I don't get too many Nip/Tuck "awww" moments :lol:

Next week's episode looks good, though I think it'll be hard to top this ones. I think we'll see more of what's going on with Sean with the self mutilation and all of that, and if McNamara/Troy will cease to exist...

Eh....well that episode was......lackluster. Tell me, what did that completely screwed up janitor's story have to do with ANYTHING? That's what sometimes frustrates me about this show.

But I LOVED when Julia "reprimanded" that w*or*. More power to ya!

And the end of McNamara/Troy? WHAT a powerful scene.

I think the show is starting to get dull, although it's definitely one of my favorite shows to date. But yeah, I didn't think the whole marriage thing should have been part of it, especially since the person Christian married is a lesbian. :/

Back