Politics North Korea

Jamison

Cadet
It was announced today that North Korea has conducted a test firing of short-range missiles.

Given this information, and the growing threat of their assumed nuclear capabilities, what, if anything do you guys think needs to be done?

I think we need to find a good diplomat to establish better relations with North Korea. We can influence them more as friends than as enemies. Let's face it, right now our military could not stand the strain of invading another country, so we need to get on their good side.

Well what else can we do right now? The army is tied up in Iraq. We need to get some sort of control in the situation. We have good relations w/ Saudi Arabia, where many of the 9/11 terrorists came from, why not North Korea?

I agree that we shouldn't invade...and we really can't.

I just think it's insane that we invade a country that has no weapons of mass destruction, but when it comes to a country that actually does and is proven that it does, we decide we should handle it diplomatically.

Jamison said:
I agree that we shouldn't invade...and we really can't.

I just think it's insane that we invade a country that has no weapons of mass destruction, but when it comes to a country that actually does and is proven that it does, we decide we should handle it diplomatically.
[post="1323467"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

ITA it makes no sense, but then our government doesn't seem to care about making sense. Our foreign policy is really scattered right now. The "War on Terror" is pretty much impossible to win because we can't invade every country that harbors terrorists and/or WMDs. It just isn't feasible.

ms.katejones said:
ITA it makes no sense, but then our government doesn't seem to care about making sense. Our foreign policy is really scattered right now. The "War on Terror" is pretty much impossible to win because we can't invade every country that harbors terrorists and/or WMDs. It just isn't feasible.
[post="1323478"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Exactly! And we feel that we can dictate who is allowed to have WMD and who can't. Just look at our nuclear arsenal! I realize North Korea isn't a safe place and that they could use their nukes in a horrible way...but it's hypocrital of us to say that they need to get rid of them, when we have thousands.

And I agree, there is no possible way that the "War on Terror" can be won.

North Korea isn't part of the war on terror, because thats not terror, thats legal. As far as I'm aware they've withdrawn from treaties about nuclear weapons.

America does have a right to defend itself, but if you have nukes then you have to accept everyone else is allowed them.

If you invaded Korea then China would be involved, I think WW3.

Becasue of thier distance, and their sudden jump to the most desturctive single weapon there is, I don't see a huge threat from them right now. They will not use a bomb on anyone.

Back