on the duty of thankfulness

Keep sober, my boy; did you never see five shillings before ? perhaps, if you behave well, I'll get you a place." And he added something in an under tone, as if talking to himself about John Favoursham, as he passed out and closed the door, before I could get my thanks up.Half wild with joy, I ran to my mother, told her what the gentleman had said, showed her the crown, and Moncler & moncler jackets danced about the kitchen as if my fortune had been made for ever. My mother said it was the doing of Providence, and she did not und 2011 Fashion Womens Moncler Down jackets Black erstand it; no doubt my father had good friends, who would not forget his son, though he had forgotten both her and me; and the poor woman caught me in her arms and wept sore. I could stand anything but my mother's tears. I begged her to tell me what she meant, and what was the matter, but she said " Nothing, dear," and wiped her eyes hastily, for we heard my aunt and uncle coming in.They had found the shop door unbolted and me off g moncler outlet & moncler sale or moncler kids uard. I should have had a considerable scolding, but the news proved a mighty breakwater, and no time was lost in telling it. They did not get a full account: my knowledge of the hom moncler men and moncler women e government made me aware that it would not do to tell how closely the gentleman had questioned me about my cousins, and how much I had revealed, but I enlarged on his promise to get me a place, and his farewell mutte 2010 Fashion Moncler New Pop star Women down coat long Khaki rings about John Favoursham." The gentleman who sat in our pew on Sunday," said my aunt in a sort of running comment; " strange that I did not know him; but it must be Harry Fenton, nobody else would give you a crown, I'm sure." And she wound off a quantity of good advice on the duty of thankfulness for having a respectable shop to 2010 Fashion Men Moncler Down Jackets Black keep, " where gentlemen could take notice of me on account of my family;" closing with a demand that the crown should immediately be delivered into her guardianship.

Against that infringement of my liberties I stood out with a resolution worthy of the confederate barons; nobody should get the crown but my mother, and she ventured to think Freddy should keep it for a pocket piece. Uncle Gurney, I thank him for it yet, took part with us, saying—" It was the boy's own;" and I retired that night in possession of my treasure. It was to me an earnest that the gentleman would return with the promised place.I know not how long the hope Moncler & moncler jackets would have lasted, but while the crown was yet new, and I was occupied in copying from it the royal countenance of George the Third, with a piece of chalk on the side of the counter, o moncler men and moncler women ne afternoon in the same week, when my aunt and uncle were at tea, and no customers coming, my trusted patron walked in so quietly that I did not see him till his hand was on my shoulder, and he said—" What's this?—let me see if you will ever be an artist."He had no time to gi moncler outlet & moncler sale or moncler kids ve an unbiased opinion of my performance; aunt Grizzle had seen something through the small glass pane in the parlour door, and she was with us in a moment.Miss Favoursham," said the gentleman, extending both 2010 Fashion Moncler New Pop star Women down coat long Khaki hands, and looking perfectly delighted ; " don't you remember Harry Fenton, who used to annoy your quiet house so often long ago ? Great changes in the world since then, Miss Favoursham. We have all had our own troubles."We all have in this wicked world," said my aunt, shaking hands. " But dear me, Mr. 2011 Fashion Womens Moncler Down jackets Black Fenton, you sat in our pew last Sunday, and I did not know you."" Of course you did not. I am growing such an old fellow; came in a quiet way to see old, I mean early, friends; and between ourselves, Miss 2010 Fashion Men Moncler Down Jackets Black Favoursham, you and your brother made me ashamed of myself, looking so young as you do. I have been all over the continent since you saw me, studying the old masters, and such a pair I did not see in either France or Italy."

Oh, Mr. Fenton," said aunt Grizzle, her thin lips curving into a smile."Upon my word it's true," continued the gentleman Moncler & moncler jackets ; " you must give me a sitting some day. I have just settled in Manchester, got a splendid business there, worth a thousand a year on the lowest computation, and your nephew here looks a smart boy."" Smart enough, Mr. Fenton," interrupted my aunt, " if he gets grace to go steady and careful; Gurney and I have had a havy charge."" 2010 Fashion Men Moncler Down Jackets Black Of course you had, Miss Favoursham," mfriend rejoined. " And I have been thinking there is a boy wanted to grind colors and look after the sitters in my painting room: nothing menial, you know; but he might learn a deal, and come to be a moncler outlet & moncler sale or moncler kids great artist himself."" Will you walk into the parlour, Mr. Fenton ? " said my aunt with uncommon dignityMr. Fenton walked in, and what he said is unknown to me. Let me acknowledge that the glass pane alone prevented my approach to the key hole; but I could catch being out of old Rollinson's way, and not injuring the family interest, through the shrill tones of my aunt and the low creak of uncle Gurney. After about an hour's conference, I was called in and asked if I should lik moncler men and moncler women e to go with Mr. Fenton to Manchester. My answer was ready: I would, but must ask my mother." That's a good boy," said Mr. Fenton. " I was just wishing to be introduced to Mrs. Favoursham."He was introduced, and my heart venerated the man for the respect he showed her, old gown and all. My mother was 2010 Fashion Moncler New Pop star Women down coat long Khaki partly prepared for the event, and would consent to anything that seemed for Freddy's good. Besides, there was a fine story now afloat—who originated it I cannot say, but my aunt had the 2011 Fashion Womens Moncler Down jackets Black fullest version—that Mr. Fenton had been struck with my drawing on the counter, and thought my talents should be cultivated in his painting room.That tale was imparted to the Whittles, to the Rev. Blackmoor Biggs, and to several of our most intimate customers. I got the presentation of the You til's Instructor, two Catechisms, and a hymn book on its account, and might have become a boy of distinction in Old Bridge Street; but on the following

Back