Dismiss Notice
Alien Soup is a free community for fans of science-fiction, horror, & fantasy! Everybody is welcome here.

People Article and Scans

Discussion in 'Cast-Related News' started by Tommy, Apr 13, 2003.

1. Tommy

Tommy Seeing A Ghost

New Roles
    Alias's Jennifer Garner and husband Scott Foley agree to separate.

Jennifer Garner hasn't been a bachlorette for several years, but that didn't stop her from partying like one on March 22. The Alias superspy treated 20 of her friends, including childhood pal and bride-to-be Katie Gage, to a daylong fete that included poolside brunch at the W hotel in LA, group pedicures and grooving at the Ivar nightclub. The next day Garner turned up as a presenter at the Oscars--with Gage, not husband Scott Foley, as her date. "Scott was at home with the dogs," her spokeswoman said at the time, "chilling out."

Now it seems as if the chill was actually between Garner and Foley, both 30. On April 1 the couple, who met in 1998 on the set of the WB drama Felecity--"I was so glad that he was tall and handsome," Garner told People in February--announced their separation after 2 1/2 years of marriage. "It's so sad," said a Garner associate. "You think, 'When did it all go wrong?'"

One source close to the couple offers a theory: "Everybody wondered if he minded being in her shadow." In February Garner's sizzling career got a big boost with her role opposite Ben Affleck in Daredevil (she's now slated to star in her own spinoff). At the same time, Foley endured the dissapointing ratings of his NBC sitcom A.U.S.A. But, the same source also notes, "he seemed supportive and they both looked happy." The cause remains a mystery--except, of course, to tv's hottest spy.

2. Alias_Gay

Alias_Gay Rocket Ranger

TV's hottest spy ... thats all I will say! ;)

3. Tommy

Tommy Seeing A Ghost

and the cover...

4. turnipcouch134

turnipcouch134 Rocket Ranger

WHy did they have to split??? UGh!

5. SydB_JenG

SydB_JenG Rocket Ranger

Oh wow! great pictures!...or course is there ever a bad pic of Jen??

6. aliasbabe48

aliasbabe48 Rocket Ranger

I'M SOOOOO SAD! I JUST HOPE THAT IN THE END THEY ARE BOTH HAPPY!!!!!( EVEN IF THEY ARE WITH DIFFERENT PPL. :(

7. vaughnmyangel

vaughnmyangel Rocket Ranger

I agree alias babe!!!! i think that is the most important thing!!!!!! I think it is really sad and i wish that they could hyave worked things out...but as things are i just hope they are happy

8. spysurfergrl247

spysurfergrl247 Rocket Ranger

I found this one

9. Tommy

Tommy Seeing A Ghost

I posted bigger scans of US Weekly in that thread.

10. syd_spy47

syd_spy47 Rocket Ranger

I just get so sad when I read about them. Poor Jen&Scott. It must be really hard for them, even more with the media. That's what they call the high price of fame.

11. mountaineer5

mountaineer5 Rocket Ranger

i saw paparazzi photos of jen visiting scott's new home. it said she stayed inside for an hour and then they hugged and she left. apparently he was wearing his wedding ring and she was not. the thing also said that scott shouted to the paparazzi "leave my wife and i alone!" i hope they can work things out, they're so cute!

12. Ames47

Ames47 Amy Strikes Back

aww yeah me too!! hey where did you see the pics?