Please save me from the tears

Disclaimer: This character isn't mine.
Spoilers: Season 3
Summary: Songfic. Evanescence's song "Bring Me To Life". Sydney lying in her bed thinking of Vaughn.
Warnings: None.

Red = the song
I = flashbacks

NOTE: Very angsty. I'm sorry if it isn't perfect english. I'm swedish you see. Enjoy the story!

Syd POV

How can you see into my eyes like open doors?

I remember when I wanted to save Will from Sark. I hadn't told Vaughn what I was up to. We were in the warehouse.

"I'm just so scared for him. You'll contact me if you hear anything?" I said.
He looked me right in my eyes.
"Vaughn."
"What's going on?" he said suspicios.
"What do you mean?"

He knew that I planned to get Will back. He sees into my eyes like open doors.

Leading you down into my core
Where I’ve become so numb without a soul my spirit sleeping somewhere cold
Until you find it there and lead it back home

Only he can make me happy again. He's done so much for me. He didn't cared about the CIA rules, he just wanted to do the right thing. With me.

"Hey." I heard a warm, familiar voice behind me. Vaughn.

"Hi. How did you find me?" I asked him.

"You told me a couple of months ago that when you feel the need to disappear, you go to the observatory. But the observatory was closed. And then I remembered you said the pier calms you down. But you weren't there. And you weren't at the bluffs and the palisades, either."

"You didn't really go to all those places."

"Yeah, I did. And then I remembered you liked the train station, too. Normal people going to their normal jobs."

"I can't believe you remember that." I said.

"He's contacted you, hasn't he? Khasinau? And he wants the page. You're going to give it to him." He knew it.

"You came here to stop me."

"My father used to keep a diary and when I was a kid I used to say, "Hey, Dad, only girls keep diaries," and he'd just laugh. He was a really good guy, my dad. Yeah. But he was too hard on himself. I mean, he was such a company guy that whenever he slipped up even in the slightest way he took it so personally. There were a few operations -- his last one among them -- that he questioned. Operations he refused to participate in. But only in his diary. He'd write out what he wanted to say to the CIA director. I mean, things he could never say in real life. He was a company man, and I loved him very much. But it killed him, never questioning orders. His blind devotion to the job. If you're doing what I think you're doing, I'm in if you need me."

"Thank you."

He has always helped me. He's always been there for me.

Wake me up inside
Wake me up inside
Call my name and save me from the dark
Bid my blood to run
Before I come undone
Save me from the nothing I’ve become

Now that I know what I’m without
You can't just leave me
Breathe into me and make me real
Bring me to life

But now he has another women to be there for. To help. To give a shoulder to cry on. And I wish so hard I could be that person. That person who could kiss him, tell him how much I love him.

Wake me up inside
Wake me up inside
Bid my blood to run
Before I come undone

Late at nights, I cry myself to sleep. And in the morning I realize what a silly girl I am. I'm a CIA-agent. I'm trained to not feel pain. But I don't remember that on the nights. On the nights, I'm a weak, selfish woman who cries over her lost love.

Frozen inside without your touch without your love darling only you are the life among the dead

It's hard to deal with this. I had your love once. And I will always love you, even if your love belong to another woman. I can't live whitout you, Michael Vaughn. Because you are the life among the dead.

All this time I can't believe I couldn't see
Kept in the dark but you were there in front of me
I’ve been sleeping a thousand years it seems
Got to open my eyes to everything
Without a thought without a voice without a soul
Don't let me die here
There must be something more
Bring me to life

He has been ready to die for me. All this things we done, against the rules, I know he knew that he could die in that mission. I remember that day as if it were yesterday.

I ran from the water who were coming after me. Vaughn just stood there with shock in his face. I drawn him in the arm so he would come after me. So we could be safe. 'Oh no. Please no. Sydney, run faster' I remember I thought when I saw the door who was just ready to close. In the last second I slipped in. It took me just a sec to realize that Vaughn wasn't with me on the other side. I tried to hold the door open, but I couldn't. Bang. The door shut. I saw him thrue the glass. He looked me right in the eyes with a look 'I'm going to die Syd. I'm sorry.'. But he was scare do death. I could see it in his eyes. And suddenly he was in the water. I took a fire-extinguisher and hit the door with it. With hope that maye it'll work. He looked at me and shaked his head. 'No Syd you must go on. Please leave me.' - His look said everything. But I didn't cared about his look. I just tried and tried and tried til he was gone. I thought he was dead. 'No Vaughn. Please come back. Be here with me and say everything is going to be okay. Because...I think I'm in love with you, Vaughn' I remember I thought. I admitted it to myself for the first time.

Because I think I'm in love with you Vaughn. And I always will.

Wake me up inside
Wake me up inside
Bid my blood to run
Before I come undone
I’ve been living a lie, there’s nothing inside

I think I'm just going to cry myself to sleep again.

-----

NOTE: So what do you guys think about the story. I you like it, I will go on. But next one will have a bit from songtexts, but it will not be only a song-fic, and it's going to be both Sydney and Vaughn in the next story. Do you want me to update it?

Back