Save Me

SkyGirl5

Cadet
:hi:
another one, i know :rolleyes:

Title: Save Me
Genre: S/V Angst (AU)
Summary: Sydney has practically sworn off men; Michael is determined and persistant to go out with her. Can he persuade her to go on a date? And if he can will it change her mind about choosing to be alone?

A/N: damn this one is short - only 10 chaps + epilogue ^_^

Chapter 1
It was Friday night and Sydney Bristow sat alone on her couch with her TV remote and a pint of rocky road ice cream. She always did the same thing every Friday after work. She went to the video store and rented a movie, unless there was something on TV she wanted to see, and then she went to the grocery store to pick up a pint of rocky road and a microwave meal for dinner. Then she’d sit on her couch, eat and watch TV until she ended up falling asleep. She had done that every Friday night since... well, she had moved into that apartment two years earlier.

It wasn’t as though she was stuck doing that. She chose to. Sure, sometimes it was lonely but it was better than going out and.... well, never mind. She chose to be alone every night. She chose to have no friends. She chose to be boyfriendless. It was her choice and she was content with it. After all, if you don’t let anyone in then no one can hurt you.

~*~

“Ugh, is it Monday again?!” Michael Vaughn groaned as he smacked off his alarm. “Five more minutes.” He mumbled as he flopped on his stomach and smothered his face into his pillow.

Fifteen minutes later he got out of bed and cursed as he made his way to the shower. He was going to be late again. He got dressed quickly, not even noticing he put on two different kinds of socks and grabbed a bagel as he hurried out the door and rushed to the elevator. He saw the woman who lived across the hall from him, Sydney, holding the elevator door open for him and mumbled a ‘good morning’ through his bagel.

Michael usually saw Sydney two or three mornings a week depending on if she was running early or he was running late (though it was usually the latter). She was always pleasant to him, never rude or curt, but she was never the one to strike up the conversation. Michael knew that she was shy but he found it odd that in all the times he had seen her whether it was in the morning or on the weekends or whatever, she was always alone and always looking rather sad. Yet something about her always intrigued him and left him wanting much more.

“Morning.” Sydney smiled at him. “You missed a few buttons on your shirt.” She pointed out

Michael looked down and saw that he had accidentally buttoned the second button in the third hole and from there on his shirt was rather a disaster. Great, he thought. “Thanks.” He mumbled sheepishly, trying to cover it with his tie. “Did you have a nice weekend?”

“Yes.” She said plainly. “You?”

“Oh yeah, I had a massive party on Saturday night, the cops were called and everything. Didn’t you hear it?” He smirked at her. She just chuckled quietly and shook her head. “Nah, it was just a boring weekend at home.”

The elevator reached the ground floor and they both stepped out and began walking towards the parking lot. “So um, you wanna maybe grab coffee sometime this week?” Michael asked as he held open the door for her. She flashed him a polite smile and turned him down saying that she was busy all week with a big project. “Maybe some other time then.” Michael sighed.

“Have a nice day at work Michael.” Sydney said as she unlocked her car with a beep.

“Yeah, you too Sydney.” Michael sighed dejectedly as he walked off in the direction of his own car. He had asked Sydney out four times in the past few months and she always turned him down, yet he kept asking. “It’s almost as though I enjoy the rejection.” He muttered to himself as he began to drive towards his work. But he still couldn’t give up the hope that maybe someday she would agree to go out with him.

damn thought i may be first!

BUT I HAVE READ THIS :D :D

which makes me first to read or something :D

I do love this fic :D

i remember it well for it's bezarness of plot....

oh you will love this :D

Lucky me, I was just looking for something to read and you posted this! I hope poor Michael keeps his persistance, Sydney sounds like she could definintely use a friend. Please PM me for the next update! thanks!

Sounds interesting from the start :D Can't wait to see how he'll convince her to go out with him :smiley:
Please add me to your PM list.

What happened to Sys that made her sworn off men???

Poor Vaughn, 4 times and she still hasn't said yes...C'mon she's gonna accept one of these days...right??

Please keep PMing me :smiley:

Back