Season 5 Premier Date?

BurningStar said:
Yeah really, what's so great about DH?  It's for people who want Dallas back!  what  a bunch of junk.
[post="1062780"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

hey ... DHW is a wonderful show and it does pretty good business for ABC ... ;)

I hope that ABC works around their hits and put Alias on Sunday nights after DHW ... since Boston Legal is not doing so well in that time-slot ... I am sure "Alias" will do much better ... (y)

Hi, everyone!

Here the confirmation of the season premier and it's timeslot on ABC. It looks like Wednesday night just became "Must see TV" for me. The following article is from zap2it.com. Thanks! (y)

"Desperate Housewives" has become a runaway hit for ABC this season in the Sunday timeslot formerly occupied by "Alias." That's created a bit of a dilemma -- albeit one any network would like to have -- when it came to finding a new home for the spy series.
ABC will solve that problem by pairing "Alias" with its other freshman smash, "Lost," on Wednesday nights beginning Jan. 5. Both shows are executive produced by J.J. Abrams, and ABC Entertainment president Stephen McPherson is hoping that link will help "Alias" break beyond its cult-show status in the ratings.

"When we made the strategic decision this fall on 'Alias,' we only hoped to be in the situation we find ourselves in today," McPherson says. "'Lost' provides a terrific platform for 'Alias'' new season. Not only do both shows have similar audience profiles ... but they also share J.J.'s unique sensibility. This is a great two-hour block of programming."

"Alias" will open its fourth season with a two-hour premiere at 9 p.m. ET Wednesday, Jan. 5. ABC is sticking to its plan to air the show without repeats through the rest of the season, which would put its season finale near the end of May sweeps.
As a result of "Alias" moving to Wednesday, the "Bachelor" franchise is being shipped to Monday nights, where ABC will replace "Monday Night Football" with an all-unscripted night of programming.

Beginning Jan. 10, Mondays will lead off with "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition: How'd They Do That?," a behind-the-scenes look at the hit home-makeover series that ABC tried out as a special on Nov. 1, to promising results. Each episode will break down the previous night's "EM: Home Edition" to explain how host Ty Pennington and his team of contractors and designers accomplished their build.

"The Bachelorette," featuring ex-rose recipient Jen Schefft, will air at 9 p.m. Mondays. Schefft is returning to the TV-romance game after her engagement and subsequent breakup with "Bachelor" No. 3 Andrew Firestone. A new series, "Supernanny," debuts Jan. 17 and will air at 10 p.m. Mondays.

"What to do with Monday night after football has always been one of the network's biggest challenges," McPherson says. "But we think that we've come up with a strategy for success."

The schedule shuffle leaves the medical drama "Grey's Anatomy," which ABC previously announced for Monday nights post-football, without a home for the time being. It and another drama, "Eyes," will likely be used to plug holes as needed.

So there you go! January 5th after "Lost" is the 2 hour premiere!!!

Yes! I just heard this on E!News Live tonight and couldn't be happier. Plus, now I get an Alias ep on my birthday since it falls on a Wednesday this year. JJ and the Alias gods are smiling upon me for 2005! :P

~Kristy
(semi-newbie to All Alias.....haven't been around for quite a while)

"do you guys think that because its prikmeering in january that it will be a short season or what? i hope that doesn't happen cause alias would be a great summer activity!"

The season won't actually be shorter, although it seems that way with only "20" air dates rather than the 22 (and even 23) in previous seasons. There will still be 22 aired hours of "Alias", however, because the season premiere is two hours (officially two back-to-back episodes) and the season finale is also planned to be two hours (and just as in Seasons 1 & 2, they will officially be two back-to-back episodes). So, we'll still get just as much Alias as last season, but this time we won't have to wait three weeks between episodes (hopefully)!!! I'm not sure how it would impact the summer, because the finale will still air during mid/late May (since all of the episodes will be nearly back-to-back (consecutive Sundays) the season won't be dragged out for the usual eight to nine months). Hope this helped though! :cool:

This sucks I wont be here for the premier I'm going to be stuck in Guatemala Oh well I would just have to program my type recored. Oh well at least now we have alias back

FINALLY... The monkey at ABC have done something right.... This, I believe, will be the best move for Alias..... WOOO-HOOOO

Listen, last year ALIAS was being lead into by Extreme Makeover: Home Edition for a little bit. I don't really remember earlier in the season, but if it were on at 10 on a Sunday it would have Desperate Housewives to lead it in, which would be excellent becuase of the audience that it has acquired, BUT i think that the Execs have made the right choice about ALIAS, even though its on a wednesday, it has lost to lead it in which will give it audience also. IN ADDITION, Lost and ALIAS are a lot alike, more alike than desperate housewives, so people who watch lost are more inclined to watch ALIAS than people who watch desperate housewives.

I'm so happy that Alias is going to be back soon. I've been so frustrated not being able to watch it. I definitely heard it's gonna be on Wednesdays after Lost. There was even a preview on Wednesday night when I was watching Lost. Two awesome shows in one night. It doesn't get any better than that. :D

Back