Season 5 Prophesy fulfilled or Fake resolution?

Was Rambaldi's Prophesy resolved?

• Rambaldi's Prophesy was resolved, though ended without death of The Chosen One and/or The Passenger.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • JJ pulled a fake resolution with things that nearly fit the Rambaldi prophesy in order to deceive us

• Not sure.

• Total voters
I've seen lots of comments that people are unsatisfied with how Rambaldi's Prophesy ended in the Season 4 finale. Neither The Chosen One nor The Passenger died. Sydney cutting one of two wires wasn't something only The Chosen One could do.

I think JJ pulled a fake resolution with things that nearly fit the Rambaldi prophesy to deceive us. I think something else is coming.

JJ could bring back Rambaldi's true prediction as the series finale. Imagine the two sisters disagree about some action to save the Earth so they have to fight to the death for the greater good. Sydney or Nadia or both sisters would die fulfilling the prophesy. This would have the greatest impact as a finale, compared to "They lived happily ever after" finale. Doesn't this sound like a dramatic conclusion to the series that JJ would chose to do?
:Ponder:

superintelligentone said:
I've seen lots of comments that people are unsatisfied with how Rambaldi's Prophesy ended in the Season 4 finale. Neither The Chosen One nor The Passenger died. Sydney cutting one of two wires wasn't something only The Chosen One could do.
[post="1371415"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I mentioned this before somewhere. I think its a possibility. Simply the fact that Elena organised the events that occured was the biggest thing. Rambaldi prophecies are supposed to unfold on their own aren't they? ^_^

Well, it would be a little anticlimatic if after hearing about this prophecy for 4 seasons and everything building to that decisive moment in said prophecy, that what we saw in the season finale was it.

I think it was a fake resolution ... and I am sure JJ will give it to us this time in a better way ... maybe as a series finale resolution ... ;)

and remember we get Sloane who is still a Rambaldi-freak and Irina who knows the whole story about The Chosen One and the Passenger ... so, I am sure any of the two can still work around the artifacts and have this "prophecy" going on again ... ;)

I wouldn't want a resolution to the prophecy in the series finale. Perhaps mid-season because I would want some aftermath action as well.

Maybe this prophecy was fulfilled? It's possible that since Nadia was infected that she sort of died, at leaset temporarily, the person Sydney faught wasn't Nadia. I personally don't want to see Nadia leave. Also, maybe Sydney was the only one who could cut the wire for it to disengage without being lethal? Just some thoughts, people seem to be so doubtful of JJ lately. I do hope too that there will be more Rambaldi action in the future :smiley:

I voted that the prophecy was fulfilled, but then, I'm pretty much over the prophecy, so maybe I'm projecting my own feelings. It would be just like JJ to fake us out.

I think there is going to be more to it - They are trying to find a cure for Nadia. But since the Mueller Device had been distroyed would she then revert to what seems somewhat normal? She might escape and then up taking up Elena's place as the evil one. I know she is not going to be in very many episodes (if any) next year - but she may up being the "man" behind it all.

I'm not sure. I'd like to think there was more to it than this, but then I heard Before the Flood was planned as the series finale. Presumably, they moved it up because they wanted Irina's involvement & didn't know if they would get another chance to tell the story if Lena Olin started changing her mind again. The way I see it, there are two possibilities:

A) This WAS the end of the Rambaldi thing planned for the final ever episode, and bringing it forward has forced them to think of something else to do now, such as 'Vaughn'.

or

B) This is all part of the plan to make us believe the prophecy is done with, when in reality it hasn't even started.

I'm worried the answer is A, to be honest. If that's the case, i'm glad they did the story now, because the way it stands it would have been a piss-poor concluding episode. Sure, it was good, but not mind-blowing. Everything seemed too rushed, and the prophecy battle between the Chosen One & the Passenger was an almighty anti-climax.

The reason I hope it's B is because of this: if you think of the original prophecy from S1, there was no mention of a 'Passenger' or a battle. It did say, however, that the Chosen One would bring forth Rambaldi's works, bind them with fury, then render the greatest power unto utter desolation. Which suggests Syd, if she IS the Chosen One, which I ain't sure of myself to be honest, is gonna do something VERY bad. Also, surely the writers haven't forgotten the mid-S3 stuff with Rambaldi's DNA, his child, and his 'Second Coming'. Surely that's all tied up with the prophecy as the Covenant believed and Kendall told Syd about. Surely the big red ball isn't ALL Rambaldi is about. If it is, i'll be massively disappointed.

So, for me, the jury about this is still out.

Well if Rambaldi was a prophet, there would have been more than just one prophecy - it's not just one that fits all together. Of course in the big picture - they may all fit together. But I don't think that we have seen the end of Milo Ramabaldi - there is so much more that they can do with him. And I agree that the Chosen One has not brought forth the works of Rambaldi. I think that there is more to it.

i really hope this wasn't the endgame, and silly J.J was just playing with us.... the whole sister fight was horrible, i expected a battle not a chick fight :P and i dunno, it just seemed too quick :blink: after all those years you would think the endgame would be alot more intense then just cutting a wire :confused:

nataliethealiasfreak said:
the whole sister fight was horrible, i expected a battle not a chick fight :P
[post="1382916"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Good point there, if that was the whole "battle" prophecy, it was a little disappointing, huh, it should have been on the level of F'Allison/Sydney, shouldn't it? :angelic:

I voted that it's resolved - although I would change things a bit to point out that maybe Irina was the chosen one and her sister the passenger.

Then again it's just a prophecy so who says it has to be true?

Even though I think it's been resolved I hope that's not the end of the Rambaldi storyline. I'd like to see them do some "aftermath" of it . . . I think understanding Rambaldi better will ultimately help Syd understand her family better. Not sure how, just that's my gut feeling. Plus I think Vaughn's secret is probably involved with Rambaldi.

We don't have to see them chasing after new artifacts or any new prophecies coming to light - they could just find interesting ways to flesh out what we've seen before. Why did Rambaldi's machine turn out to be something so horrible? What was he thinking?

He faked it.

What would Alias be without Rambaldi? Why would they go on missions any more? If no one is looking for Rambaldi stuff, who are the bad guys going to be?

If JJ got rid of Rambaldi, I think season five will be the final season.

facade47 said:
He faked it.

What would Alias be without Rambaldi?  Why would they go on missions any more?  If no one is looking for Rambaldi stuff, who are the bad guys going to be?

If JJ got rid of Rambaldi, I think season five will be the final season.
[post="1383616"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

^^ Totally agree!!!!

A lot of people hated/hate the Rambaldi stuff, but that is what ALIAS is about! If you got rid of it, there wouldn't be anything interesting to figure out/discover. I love the Rambaldi storylines and never want JJ to give them up!

I think that Josh Appelbaum and Andre Nemec (Writers of 4.22 Before The Flood)
reveal that the Prophecy was not fulfilled in the Alias Magazine Yearbook on page 69. They wrote the following:

We should make one thing clear- the Red Ball over Sovogda was Elena Derevko's end game. It was not Rambaldi's. His deepest mysteries are yet to be revealed.

This could also mean that the Prophecy really was fulfilled but wasn't truly Milo Rambaldi's most important writing. Maybe we'll start next season with a new manuscript containing "his deepest mysteries."

Wouldn't it be awesome if we had a flashback to the time of Rambaldi and saw him writing, designing and building an artifact while Syd is on a mission to find it.

I know some people hate Rambaldi, but I LOVE IT. I just feel like there are more satisfying answers to our thousands of questions in the future.
<O>

I think this is a fake resolution....if characters can come back, why can't the prophecy?
For part of season 1 we thought Irina was the chosen one....so I think we're being intentionally mislead. As much as you get pissed that you were faked out, in the end you're glad that you were, because the resolution is usually better the second time.

I've been watching Season 1 again to refresh my memory and it's the best. The music was so much better too. You could tell they were really working to get the fan base. I hope they can do some more cliffhangers a la season 1.

;)

There wouldn't be a storyline without Rambaldi. All they would have left to do is chase after Sark. And I'm seriously doubting they can make a whole season on just that.

Back