Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kathy

CIA Director
All my life, I always knew that I was adopted. So, I found my biological mother in 1997, and we still write today. I've just asked her about my biological father. She doesn't like to talk about him. So, she gave me her father's and her sister's addresses, and they would try to help out.

So, anyway...I'm going to write a letter to them, and I don't know what to write about. :thinking: I don't want them to be angry with me asking them "the question" right there in the letter, and start a big argument. All I want is to find out...health problems on my biological father and his family side.

Any ideas?

Hmmm, I think just be honest about who you are and add the fact you want to find out medical history for your own well-being.

Hope this helps! :smiley:

Kelly

just say (not in these EXACT words lol) HI! im kathy, ur well daughter i just thought now that im older that i could contact you and see how you are and what kind of person you have grown into...

im not too good at this lol *sorry*

um...thats a very ahhhhh story :lol:.... personally, i would try and make ome kinda of relationship if possible first, and be all like, i also really want to know if you have.....eetc.etcetc. then u wont feel as weird and awkward saying oit....by then it might seem normal. um...if that sounds bad then dont listen. but there's an idea !!

umm i would start out by telling them about your life so far and what's going on and then tell them that you're wondering about them, and tell them that you have a right to know these things that you are asking about...

Oh good luck! Maybe just say that u wanted to have contact with him and that u were were wondering if there were any medical problams...
I dunno sorry!

I liked all of your ideas. Thanks everyone! :D I will write them a letter, and see how it goes.

Kathy said:
All my life, I always knew that I was adopted. So, I found my biological mother in 1997, and we still write today. I've just asked her about my biological father. She doesn't like to talk about him. So, she gave me her father's and her sister's addresses, and they would try to help out.

So, anyway...I'm going to write a letter to them, and I don't know what to write about. :thinking: I don't want them to be angry with me asking them "the question" right there in the letter, and start a big argument. All I want is to find out...health problems on my biological father and his family side.

Any ideas?
write a letter describing yourself and ask questions to know him better. As far as health problems go, I probably wouldn't ask that question in the first letter. Just my opinion though. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back