Season 4 Rambaldi - did it all add up?

jems

michael's widow in mourning
so i was just thinking about the rambaldi storyline since it appears to be over and I am aware myself of a few weird things and am sure there are plentyof other people with things which don't really add up - so I thought I would start a thread about the whole rambaldi story up until the finale of season 4..................

for a start sydney is the chosen one - irina said so in season 2 and again today - fine. except that in the propechy it said that it would be the chosen one:
"This woman here depicted will possess unseen marks. Signs that she will be the one to bring forth my works. Bind them with fury, a burning anger unless prevented at vulgar cost this woman will render the greatest power, unto utter desolation." - it seemed to me like Nadia was the one trying to bring forth his works to desolation and syd was in fact trying to prevent it :blink: PLUS I thought that when she had climbed that mountain Mt Subasio in season one that she couldn't be the chosen one :rolleyes:

rambaldi wrote the story about the chosen one and the passenger doing battle - only one would survive - fine but he seems to have forgotten to mention that someone else (namely the sloanster) will be the reason - well thats if nadia does die. Of course the actual rambaldi part does add cos he never said specifically that one sis would kill the other I suppose. plus the big red ball kind of fits the <0> symbol quite nicely. ^_^

but one thing does seem weird - if rambaldi designed all the stuff for "peace" as El Dire said then why are all these people trying to use it for an apocolypse..............and if rambaldi wrote abou the battle then he must have known about the apocalypse and therefore known his works were not gonna be used for peace ----------------so it seems a bit dumb of him to botherleaving this huge trail - unless of course he knew the sloanster would help him out.........but if Sloane is so important why has there never been any references to him........................

oh but there was wasn;t there - because he got that bit of paper telling him about nadia at the rambaldi time ;) hmmm :Ponder:

oh well - there must be other stuff that doesn't add up. post it here if you think of anything :smiley:

About the battle between the Chosen One and the Passenger: Technically, the person we know as Nadia did not survive. She's no longer herself and she may never be cured. That's assuming that she doesn't end up dying from her bullet wound.

Well, the "greatest power" bit could be referring to the Mueller device that Syd destroyed, but the prophecy makes it sound like Syd would go evil, be the one to assemble it and try to use it before turning good again or something like. I always thought that the climbing the mountain part was stupid. Like you can really outwit fate like that. It just doesn't work.

So, my family and I are eating dinner and my mom's like, I was thinking about Alias today. And I was all You're not the only one. :lol: So anyways... She was like... The Chosen one and the passenger are supposed to fight and one will Parish. I was like Yeah, soooooo. :blink: Then she's all.... Irina and Yelena fought and Irina killed Yelena.

:jawdrop: I was floored. I was like HOLY s***! WOW!!!! So maybe Irina IS the Chosen One!!!! :eek:

Yeah, I thought of that too. However, Nadia's definitely the Passenger because she's the one who delievered the message with the green goo. So if Irina was the Chosen One, shouldn't she have killed Nadia instead of Elena? And they weren't exactly doing battle. Elena was tied to a chair.

krzykty57789 said:
So, my family and I are eating dinner and my mom's like, I was thinking about Alias today. And I was all You're not the only one. :lol: So anyways... She was like... The Chosen one and the passenger are supposed to fight and one will Parish. I was like Yeah, soooooo.  :blink: Then she's all.... Irina and Yelena fought and Irina killed Yelena.

:jawdrop: I was floored. I was like HOLY s***! WOW!!!! So maybe Irina IS the Chosen One!!!! :eek:
[post="1357273"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

nice idea except that

MissingSark said:
Yeah, I thought of that too.  However, Nadia's definitely the Passenger because she's the one who delievered the message with the green goo.  So if Irina was the Chosen One, shouldn't she have killed Nadia instead of Elena?  And they weren't exactly doing battle.  Elena was tied to a chair.
[post="1357289"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

this could go on all summer :lol:

I think there are essentially three parts to the Rambaldi endgame, and only one part was dealt with in Before the Flood.

1) The flood. 2) The sister prophecy. 3) The sphere of life.

The flood would be to rid the world of all those except the Rambaldi followers, and the sphere of life would allow Rambaldi and his followers to live forever in essentially a world they own and run.

Thanks to Sydney the flood failed, but the prophecy was about to be fullfilled as Rambaldi said. So Sloane, with either good intentions or wanting to delay the prophecy until the time was right, diffused the prophecy by shooting Nadia. The prophecy can occur at any point as long as there is a red horse in the streets and a fallen angel.

And Sloane could have easily join Elena to get access to the artifacts. $10 says that in the primeire of Season 5 the Sphere of life will be missing from Elena's personal effects.

alias_guy_47 said:
And Sloane could have easily join Elena to get access to the artifacts. $10 says that in the premiere of Season 5 the Sphere of life will be missing from Elena's personal effects.
[post="1359001"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Sloane is the one that wants to fulfill the prophecy ... so he needs to get access to all these artifacts ... he didn't want Elena to be the one fulfilling it, so he shot Nadia so Syd could stop the prophecy ... ;)

Well, the "greatest power" bit could be referring to the Mueller device that Syd destroyed, but the prophecy makes it sound like Syd would go evil, be the one to assemble it and try to use it before turning good again or something like. I always thought that the climbing the mountain part was stupid. Like you can really outwit fate like that. It just doesn't work.
[post="1357248"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
[/quote]

I like this theory i would have never thought of that!!! :D

the word "peace" didn't mean rambaldi wanted to bring peace. If i remeber correctly the message helped Sloane to find Nadia. Damn it. Must watch S3 on DVD again.

Welllllllllll I hadn' thought about that!!!!!

WOW, the truth is that One will perish and even though Syd and Nadia fought, Nadia is still apparently alive!!!????

Sooooooooo, WOW, maybe Irina has really been the chosen one all along

OH MY GOD :jawdrop:

I have a question. Why have we been assuming that the same person depicted (who will destroy the greatest power) is the same person who is the one who will battle the passenger? This prophecy just says "this woman" it doesn't same the SAME woman.

Good point, jems, that it says one will survive, but doesn't seem to specify by whose hands the one dies.

ETA: Forgot to specify that I think the sisters were Elena and Irina (Irina was actually the one who disabled the device. Anyone could have held the clippers.), but that Syd is still the one who will destroy the greatest power. I thought at first the power to create peace thru the orchid was the greatest thing. But it was so easily manipulated with the circumference, so makes it seem like world domination is the power. This power has yet to be actually destroyed. The device can be rebuilt and the orchid has not been found, right? The final thing ought to be when Syd destroys all the Rambaldi works, devices, papers, everything. Only then can it be over.

I wonder what Rambaldi's intentions are. However, regardless of what he intended, people can misuse his inventions. Remember at the monastery in "In Dreams," the bees were made peaceful through Rambaldi's formula? Obviously, a reverse effect can be achieved to make... zombies. (Though why Rambaldi would have one formula for peaceful creatures and a complimentary machine to make people go bonkers is still a question... maybe the Mueller device was misused as well)

Even though Syd saw Mt. Subasio, she is still the Chosen One. "At vulgar cost, this woman will render the greatest power unto utter desolation. This woman, without pretense, will have had her effect, never having seen the beauty of my sky behind Mt. Subasio. Perhaps a single glance would have quelled her fire." 'Quelled her fire' goes along the lines of 'she will fail,' not 'she isn't the Chosen One.' If Sydney's destiny is to "stop the greatest power" as Irina said, maybe Sydney has failed or will fail. Nadia could still turn on her, if Nadia is the greatest power. Technically, Irina said in the season two finale "only you can stop him [Sloane]." Well, Sydney stopped Elena, not Sloane. And Sloane stopped Nadia, not Sydney. So the Rambaldi story continues (and I hope it does).

I was expecting one of the sisters to die at the other's hands, as the prophecy would suggest, but with Rambaldi's prophecies you can't take everything word for word. Everything doesn't add up too well, but at the same time, you can't say they don't because we don't really know Rambaldi's intentions.

AliasALIAS said:
I wonder what Rambaldi's intentions are.

Me too. Of course, there's always the possibility that he had NO intentions. Maybe he was an inventor/prophet who just did what the voices in his head told him to do.

All of that is very true but I will say one thing in reference to SLoane...I don't think that he is important to Rembaldi....I think he thinks he was chosen or whatever but I don't think that he is

Back