Season 4 Rate: "Before the Flood"

What did you think of "Before the Flood"

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
I watched the end over and over again. But, i put the end on pause and fast forwarded while it was on pause. What this does, it lets you see frame by frame. When you do this, you can actually see the car approaching! When it was on this frame I pressed pause once again...and guess what I THINK that i discovered...it was Kendall that was driving the jeep that hit Vaughn (who we now have to freakin clue who he is) and Sydney!!!!!

I know that is kinda of a long shot...but the person driving is a white man who seems to be bald. Someo ther outside evidence to support this is that Kristin from E! said that he would be on the Alias season finale.

I did watch it in slow motion a few times. It was a like a dark jeep cherokee that hit them. The driver, a man is kinda bald and wearing dark sunglasses (so you can't clearly see his face) It could be Kendall, if it is...why would he try to kill Sydney and Vaughn? Makes no sense :angry: Kendall was helping Sydney during the time she was missing.

As for Vaughn not being Vaughn...wonder who else knows beside Irina? Vaughn can't be that bad because Irina told him to tell Sydney and she told her daughter that she would be at her wedding. (there might be a wedding after all) Does Weiss know about Vaughn? (they've been best friends since the beginning)

as for the rest of the epiosde, love the interraction between Irina and Jack..wish Lena would come back for good. :rolleyes:

I can't believe Sydney didn't want to shoot Nadia...even after Nadia shot her. Sloane had to shoot Nadia.

Also in last week episode, did Irina imply that Nadia might be Jack's daughter or did I dream that part?

can't wait for the next season to start and wondering how they gonna clean up that mess about Vaughn...his father dead or alive (we still don't know) and are we finally done with Rambaldi?

any thoughts anyone?

nataliethealiasfreak said:
awwww poor dude :(

wow, those infected people look scary :hide:

ahhh is anyone else having chest pains from all this excitement?? :thinking:
[post="1355611"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Unbelievable!!!! I was in total shock! What the heck is "Vaughn" talking about? I seriously thought I had peed myself! Great but now we have to wait for answers :(

regina_alias said:
Let the speculation begin...

hehehehe

I'm gonna lean toward it was all a dream. We're gonna come to Season 5 and some of the events of Season 4 are all going to be in Sydney's head.

At least, I hope so. Vaughn has to be Vaughn. He can't be anybody else.
[post="1355767"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
It had better not be a dream. That is scriptwriting's biggest cop-out, and the cheesiest thing they could possibly come up with.

My theory? Vaughn is dead, Sydney is pregnant....

I don't think that will make me very popular. :lol:

Maybe they can clone Vaughn. But then I guess he'll be a baby and not an ideal husband for a grown woman like Sydney! :lol:

I agree with all posters stating "Dream Sequence"...Syd's hair, the soft features on the overall picture. Granted Bobby Ewing, Roseanne, Newhart, et al had monumental dream sequences in their respective shows, and per my high school creative writing teacher, "Dreams are more often than not a cop-out and a bad way to end a story", I think JJ is moving this in the right direction.

FYI: I think I read earlier about the Maid of Honor issue. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Syd talk about that BEFORE the car accident? And since eloping is sometimes an impulsive decision, it would make sense that after 5 years of waiting to have THE question asked of her, she would follow AKA Vaughn with whatever decision he ponders.

Personally, I don't think Vaughn would be the type to be darting glances to his left during the entire trip through Santa Barbara. He's CIA/SD-6/Covenant/DSR/Project Black Hole...Military or Ops training is going to make you less jittery. Otherwise, every assignment Vaughn goes on is going to show him to be a jittery, skittish agent. Obviously not Field Rated.

Okay, so now I am very sure that it is time to kill J.J. Abrams. After everything that's happened. The ONE thing...he destroys the ONE thing!!

This is the worst cliffhanger ever. Worse than Season Two...so much worse. And then you add in the Lost issue and J.J. should just fall in a hole and die.

I can handle the car crash. I mean it freaks me out. I can handle it though. But the "For starters, my name's not Michael Vaughn." I can NOT handle that. I just can't. I do not have to ability to handle it.

I mean seriously...are you kidding me??? What the f*** is J.J. thinking!?!?! This is the worst. Unforgiveable...unforgiveable...

Good episode though. Loved Irinia...like always...

Nadia...is she dead or alive....??

Sloane..finally good? Have to say I didn't see that coming. Syd being all 'you were trying to do the right thing'...But you never know with Sloane, do you?

But the other thing, with Vaughn...I just can't handle it. Although I should have known something bad was going to happen. It was totally set up...Ugh...why couldn't there just be a moment of happiness without ruining everything...

And the obvious big question...if he's not him (which I'm still in denial about...complete 100% denial)...they who is he? And why was it so important for Syd to meet w/ him way back when?

I so do not like this at all.....not at all....

i for one have two theories! i was shocked when i heard he wasn't michael! i wanted to kill j.j but i am better now!

1. when vaughn was born the named him after his father. after his father died they changed his name to michael vughn so it didn't hurt every time they say his name because of his father. he got recruited by the dsr. the assigned him to the sydney bristow case because of her possible ( now for sure) involvment with rambaldi. he transfered over to be a permenet cia agent in early s1.
just a thought. anyone agree with this one?

2.it was all a dream. sydney wakes up, and we see vaughn beside her. she goes to see barnett (or some other person that listens to you for a living) then she tells her all about the dream. she says it is either vaughn hasn't told you something or vaughn in the dream is a substitute for someone else. meaning that someone or danny could have told her his name isn't danny and that their meeting wasn't a coencedence.like danny was a plant to steal info.

i would rather danny betray syd than vaughn! anyways if it isn't neither of my theories than it must still not be that bad for irina to still give her blessing! i belive j.j just needed a cliffy! i loooved the ep. i have been thinking on this all night and i came up with those. anyone agree? when i first heard vaughn say the i went anti s/v for about an hour! i am back now! i belive the syd and vaughn wedding will still be on as soon as syd gets over him lieing which could take a while, but vaughn only told her becaused he loved her. there is still hope who is with me? :D :thinking: time to go to sleep! :asleep: :asleep: :asleep: :asleep:

OOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGG are you kidding me, that was the worst finale ever. What does Vaughn mean? I cannot breathe, this is just f'd up. I can't believe it, I knew it was gonna be about Vaughn, man, who is he, whats his real name?

Episode was fantastic, i love Irina, shes so great. Weiss and Marshall- so hilarious. Jack just great. Sloane- i had a feeling he was good. Nadia didnt die, weird, Rimbaldi's prophecy is wrong. But Vaughn, and the car crash. :(

Okay, so now I am very sure that it is time to kill J.J. Abrams. After everything that's happened. The ONE thing...he destroys the ONE thing!!

This is the worst cliffhanger ever. Worse than Season Two...so much worse. And then you add in the Lost issue and J.J. should just fall in a hole and die.

I can handle the car crash. I mean it freaks me out. I can handle it though. But the "For starters, my name's not Michael Vaughn." I can NOT handle that. I just can't. I do not have to ability to handle it.

I mean seriously...are you kidding me??? What the f*** is J.J. thinking!?!?! This is the worst. Unforgiveable...unforgiveable...

Oh how I agree with you! This is absurd to say the least. I honestly believe if Vaughn really isn't Vaughn then it will be worst than season 3 with him being married to you-know-who. JJ, if you read this board, I'm telling you nothing you do can make this work (if that is indeed the direction you're going in for season 5). It's just going to seem too contrived to break S/V up just like the "love triangle" of season 3. I for one definitely don't like it! And fi you're killing Vaughn off the show, Alias just won't be the same for me and the new fans that I recruited just this season. No I don't watch the show just for MV but he is part of what made Alias my favorite TV show.

Otherwise, the episode was really good. Love the J/I and S/V moments (before the I'm not MV).

I honestly hope this is all a DREAM! Personally, I don't think Syd would suggest eloping especially since she's all asked Nadia to be her bride's maid and with Nadia's health being in question. It just is not like Syd. I don't know. Maybe this is just wishful thinking.

Ok, people, they CAN'T make it a dream sequence! That's so lame and cliche, it reeeeeeeks of it. I mean, God. Could we forgive ourselves for letting JJ do it? No one who purports to be a good maker of television does that. They just don't. They can't. It far too much of a copout! It's like saying, "The love of your life got married while you were away," and then covering it by saying, "She's actually evil, and conned him into marrying her." Wait. :mellow: Do I hear an echo?

On a happier note, am I not the only one who loves that now we can call him Not!Vaughn and Un!Vaughn? :woot: That really is going to be too much fun. ;)

OH MY GOD! I haven't commented on the "react to threads" for a while. I commneted on 2 last epis though. But now I just have to.
I'm overwhelmed. This cliffhanger is crazy. I almost thought that it was all over and the world was saved and then.....
OH GOD!!!!!!!

1) WHO DROVE INTO THEIR(SYD & VAUGHN) CAR?

2) WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN TO VAUGHN AND SYD?

3) WERE SYD AND VAUGHN HIT BY ACCIDENT OR NOT?(PROBABLY IN PURPOSE)

4) WHO IS VAUGHN?

5) WHO DID HE WORK FOR? KGB, K-DIRECTORATE, FOR IRINA AKA "THE MAN" ?

6) WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN TO NADIA? WILL THE GANG FIND A CURE OR NOT?

7) WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN TO SLOANE? WILL HE BE PUT IN PRISON?

I think it will make sense if Vaughn worked for Irina because spymommy knew about Vaughn's secret and in season 1 the main baddy was Irina. Maybe Irina used Vaughn(or whoever he actually is) to spy on Syd. Who knows!!!!

THE CLIFFHANGER WILL DRIVE ME CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!

alias12345 said:
OK then.  Strong episode.  But who do we think was driving the car?
. . . .
Seriously though, I think there is a lot the writers COULD do with the accident (and more so the potetnial driver).
[post="1356384"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Somebody ran a red light. Maybe even Vaughn. I personally am going to vote for the "random act of stupid driving" theory. It's more believable. I mean this is Alias, but there are so many better ways to kill a man!!

The only thing that makes me think otherwise is that Laura Bristow was killed in a car crash. If Vaughn was working for somebody else and they wanted to extract him, maybe they would cause an accident to fake his death? I think that Syd being in the car w/ him would be very important for that. If they faked the accident and she wasn't there, she'd never believe it had happened for real and she'd go looking for him. If she was in the car, and he later died in the hospital, they (whoever "they" is) stand a reasonable shot of her accepting his death.

I don't think she would though. This is one potential outcome of the story: Vaughn is alive somewhere else and Syd spends season 5 looking for him, the way he didn't look for her those two years that she was missing.

sydney_alias_vaughn said:
and the whole vaughn bein bad thing, sorry, but the whole sexy bad boy image is taken by the only person who can make it look good, that right, sark,
[post="1356428"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Heh, yeah Sark's got the sexy bad boy down, and we definitely need to see him return. But I could handle Vaughn being a little darker.

SeXyALiAsCHiCa said:
I was really suprised that the whole "end of the world" thing got resolved - I was expecting THAT to be the cliffhanger - but this one is way better.
[post="1356468"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Me too!

littlebirdy said:
It had better not be a dream. That is scriptwriting's biggest cop-out, and the cheesiest thing they could possibly come up with.

[post="1356521"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

100% agreement here too. A dream sequence would totally tick me off.

dotfar said:
Oh how I agree with you!  This is absurd to say the least.  I honestly believe if Vaughn really isn't Vaughn then it will be worst than season 3 with him being married to you-know-who.  JJ, if you read this board, I'm telling you nothing you do can make this work (if that is indeed the direction you're going in for season 5).  It's just going to seem too contrived to break S/V up just like the "love triangle" of season 3.  I for one definitely don't like it!  And fi you're killing Vaughn off the show, Alias just won't be the same for me and the new fans that I recruited just this season.  No I don't watch the show just for MV but he is part of what made Alias my favorite TV show.
[post="1356595"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

yeesh!!!!!!! Okay hold on let's not go to extremes! There's lots of things they could do to make this work! (And a number that would totally suck, yes.) This doesn't have to mean everything we know about Vaughn is completely false. It just means there's another side to him. That's what I'm holding out for, anyway. Something that supplements all the back story we've gotten about him, that fits in with the backstory of his father and his long (at least college days) friendship with Weiss and so on.

And I think it could be much better than season 3, because what will be keeping them apart is issues of trust, which began in season 3, were continued in season 4, and look to come out in a big way in season 5.

And I know this post is long, but NIGHTENGALE. When Elena stole all those Rambaldi artifacts from the DSR she stole a box that said "nightengale" on it. There's been almost no comment on this that I've seen . . . this to me says the whole story of Vaughn's father isn't gone!! And it probably ties into Vaughn's secrets.

Leslie said:
On a happier note, am I not the only one who loves that now we can call him Not!Vaughn and Un!Vaughn? :woot: That really is going to be too much fun. ;)

:lol: any excuse huh leslie :rotflmao:

:thud:

it was friggin amazing, im just like sooo shocked, thank god i didnt read ahead while i was waiting for it to download (damn you steph!!) and i really dont think that i can wait 5 months!!!!!!!!!

this is my 2nd reply on last night episode.

I could handle the car crash as the cliffhanger...fine, but the whole thing of Vaughn not being Vaughn...leaves a bad taste in my mouth :lame:

I fell like for the past 4 years, we got to know and love Vaughn. We cried with him, we worried about him and we jump for joy when he finally got it going on with Syd. Now I fell like J.J and the writers betrayed us in the worst way by saying everything we though we knew about Vaughn was a LIE. 👎

I think that Sydney's been through enough without adding Vaughn's betrayal on top of it all. Also why did he wait until they were engaged...was he ever gonna tell her the truth? did he need Irina permission to tell Sydney the truth about his identity?

I don't know how they can rectify the situation...a dream might be the easy way out but whatever it is, it better good...we'll be ready for the explanation. After all we'll be speculating about this all summer. Right guys?

have a great day!

CJ

My Theory, Vaughn is sid's Original fiancé from Season #1. He was planted into Sid's life.

I like the thought that Vaughn was originall pursuing Irina and retrubtion for his father's death or the Nightengale work. The NIGHTENGALE stuff is unresolved and Weiss and Vaugh may be a part

Sloan was set up to kill Fiancé but actually killed a clone

Real Fiancé was cloned into Michael Vaughn to work with the CIA as a double agent.

He fell in love with Sidney three time now and is accepting it. Wouldn't it be horrible if he had something to do with or had knowledge of Sid's two year absence.

I really liked this episode. Parts of it were a little too sci-fi for me but whatever. I almost thought they weren't going to have a cliffhanger but then I was like nooo JJ Abrams knows what he's doing.

"First of all, I'm not Michael Vaughn."
CRASH

My sister, my mom and I all screamed in unison...then I cried.
Haha I don't know, I just really love Vaughns character and him being someone else with a name like "Joe Smith" No..I'm thinkin not.

I really did like the episode. the cliffhanger might be bad in the sense it's going to keep everyone guessing, but it was a wonderful episode. I think I've grown to accept the fact that things are the way they are and we'll find out JJ's brilliant plan of this all soon enough. :smiley:

riley xoxo

Back