Season 4 Rate: "Before the Flood"

What did you think of "Before the Flood"

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
I assume we are allowed to share theories here, so I will. Well I am just going to start by saying I have not seen the last eppy, I was at the theater seeing star wars for the like tenth time, but I have read the synopsis, and I am seeing a mirror. I am also watching season one which is why this is a major thing that clicked.

In season one, it talks about how Irina "supposedly" died. Sydney was told that her mother and father were in a car accident. As we know Sydney's mother was a "plant" for the KGB. Well, Micheal tells Syd that he's not who she thinks he is. They get into a car accident. Does anyone else see how that kind of connects. I think that Micheal is some sort of undercover ageant for another group. I don't know, I just think that maybe there is some sort of tie between Irina/Jack's relationship & Sydney/Vaughn's.

I already posted my initial thoughts last night but now that the
shock has worn off, I had some more thoughts.

I have no clue who Vaughn was working for but I do think that
he was assigned somehow to Sydney back in S1 and that Irina
Kendall or both are involved. I did read a few times that Kendall
may be back next season. He was either assigned to protect her or
to gather information similiar to Jack/Irina. But if he was assigned by
the CIA or DSR, then why the name change???

It was probably an assignment to Vaughn at first and he never expected
to fall in love with Syd. I don't think he'll turn out to be a bad guy. I think
his feelings are real but he has a dark past.

I don't think that Vaughn is a clone or a double. I think that Michael Vaughn
was a real person that probably died somehow and our "Vaughn" assumed
his identity or he is maybe a brother of Michael Vaughn and Bill Vaughn
really is his father. Maybe the search for Bill Vaughn was to maintain his
cover or he is a brother actually trying to find info on his father.

One thing that bothered me was the way he told her. It seemed so casual.
I mean this is HUGE if he isn't who he says he is and he told her after 5 years
and an engagement. They were driving in the car and it was almost like
telling her something like "By the way, I'm a little older you thought I was".

Also, definitely something very fishy about the "accident"!!!

omv, she said yes!
omv, Sloane shot Nadia!
omv, she saved the world!
omv, they finally went to Santa Barbara!
OMV, WHAT HAPPENED TO VAUGHNIE?!?!?!?! :cry:
i bawled so hard once i saw the end. i can't believe JJ would do that.
although, it doesn't surprise me cuz there was a mini article in US Weekly that said MV wasn't getting along with the rest of the cast & they were thinking about killing off Vaguhnie. if Assfleck becomes the new character, i'll camp outside JJ's house with an angry mob till something's done about that.

Okay just like everyone else I hated the ending it left me with way too many questions that could play out in a lot of different ways.

1. Who in the blue hell is michael vaughn
2. How does irina know of him?
3. is MV KGB, alliance, covenant or just a RAMBALDI follower
4.a double (THE HELIX PROJECT)

Well those are a few of my questions that make sense. But now here is my thought I think that it is a bit odd that only Irina seems to know who MV really is and come to think of it they have saved eachothers lives on more than one occassion.

1. in S2 irina saved MV from the Sark disease
2. she pushed him to reveal true feelings to syd why?
3. He saved her from execution when Jack set her up in S2
4. When he had his own investigation on her in S2 he found nothing

But how did MV get the money to pay for the information he couldn't possibly afford it on a CIA salary

it begs the question of whether MV had ties to another organization before he joined CIA

is mv related to sark because sark had the chance to kill mv more than once but he never did?

or is mv somehow a figure into the rambaldi prophecy?

well whatever the answer may be all i know is that if MV doesn't come bck next season neither will i because it would SUCK big time.

i like alias but i like vartan more

:thinking: :eek: (n)

Ok, i dont think Vaughn is going anywhere, at least i hope not, it wont be good without s/v. Also, if vaughn is danny or somthing, i refuse to watch....sereoulsy....no. when he said im not michael vaughn i slapped my hand to my mouth, then the CRASH and i smacked my kitchen counter as hard as i could...i couldnt even sleep lastnight! im dying here.....sept. couldnt come fast enough.

Ok here it is. Vaughn and Sydney are not dead. It was a car accident. However I really don't think that it ever happened. I really don't think that Sydney ever made it off that roof. First look at what happened afterwords. Sydney told slone that she thought that he was doing the right thing. Vaughn says hes not Vaughn. I think that sydneys going to wake up in a russian hospital and shes going to be sick with the virus from the water like Vaughn was in season 2, and that shes going to make it back to the LA eventually.

As for the rumors that are going around about everything, Alias seasons are going on by word bases meaning that it hasn't been renewed for a big number of seasons however it has been renewed for a new season, also no one is leaving the show. Jen is going to have her baby, we just wont see her in action that much which will be different but maybe a chance to see maybe a little Weiss and Nadia on a mission together or maybe Jack and Irina? Yeah it was a little shocking at the end but everyone just needs to take a breath ( like I did because I was freaking out earlier) and have trust in the J.J the J. J is wise, the J.J is good. LOL So everyone just breath and take it easy, it will a turn out ok. ;) ^_^

Ok, new to the forums, meets and greets, all, here's my thoughts:

Great episode. Lovely tension throughout. Didn't see the ending a mile away.

Who did Vaughan work for? Sloan. Sloan knew Jack and Sydney were doubles, but did nothing about it. Vaughan was the one tasked with taking down the Alliance. Sloan needed to get rid of the Alliance. It makes sense for Sloan to have placed Vaughan in CIA to direct/strongly influence the Alliance case, so that he (Sloan) could manage the way it played out. It could even reinforce the subtext that Sloan has always looked out for Syd (in a very weird way, sure, but think how many times he could have killed her but didn't). Vaughan was watching Syd, controlling how she attacked the Alliance to a degree, but also protecting her.

As for him not being Bill Vaughan's son, that may actually point to him as Irina's guy: it's the perfect cover. The last one you'd think was working for Irina is the guy whose dad she supposedly killed.

I kinda of like the idea of the ending never happening or possibly even
a dream but thats probably because I'm in denial.. :eek:
I think it would kinda lame though with her waking up in hospital and
being sick with everyone searching for an antidote (too much like
Vaughns sickness)

jedilaw said:
Ok, new to the forums, meets and greets, all, here's my thoughts:

Great episode.  Lovely tension throughout.  Didn't see the ending a mile away.

Who did Vaughan work for? Sloan.  Sloan knew Jack and Sydney were doubles, but did nothing about it.  Vaughan was the one tasked with taking down the Alliance.  Sloan needed to get rid of the Alliance.  It makes sense for Sloan to have placed Vaughan in CIA to direct/strongly influence the Alliance case, so that he (Sloan) could manage the way it played out.  It could even reinforce the subtext that Sloan has always looked out for Syd (in a very weird way, sure, but think how many times he could have killed her but didn't).  Vaughan was watching Syd, controlling how she attacked the Alliance to a degree, but also protecting her. 

As for him not being Bill Vaughan's son, that may actually point to him as Irina's guy: it's the perfect cover.  The last one you'd think was working for Irina is the guy whose dad she supposedly killed.
[post="1356857"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

jlb6 said:
[post="1356889"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

This is the best theory I've heard, I totally think that Vaughn was planted by Sloan way back when Syd first went to the CIA, that's why he mentioned that it wasn't by accident that she was assigned to him. Love the idea that he works for Irena.

Alias_Spy said:
Ok here it is. Vaughn and Sydney are not dead. It was a car accident. However I really don't think that it ever happened. I really don't think that Sydney ever made it off that roof. First look at what happened afterwords. Sydney told slone that she thought that he was doing the right thing. Vaughn says hes not Vaughn. I think that sydneys going to wake up in a russian hospital and shes going to be sick with the virus from the water like Vaughn was in season 2, and that shes going to make it back to the LA eventually.

As for the rumors that are going around about everything, Alias seasons are going on by word bases meaning that it hasn't been renewed for a big number of seasons however it has been renewed for a new season, also no one is leaving the show. Jen is going to have her baby, we just wont see her in action that much which will be different but maybe a chance to see maybe a little Weiss and Nadia on a mission together or maybe Jack and Irina? Yeah it was a little shocking at the end but everyone just needs to take a breath ( like I did because I was freaking out earlier) and have trust in the J.J the J. J is wise, the J.J is good. LOL  So everyone just breath and take it easy, it will a turn out ok.  ;)  ^_^
[post="1356851"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

hi ! new here, have some theories! i also like this idea!!! i dont think she made it off the roof either. after all the big battle with nadia was nothing!!! after that doenst make alot of sense either. the wedding, elope??? she just told nadia she was the maid of honor!

theories:
1- a few episodes back, jack had a secret that he was still hiding (the episode where he had the radiation issue). could it be that he set it up to have vaughn watch over syd when she came? which might also explain his somewhat distaste for vaughn.

2- vaughns dad dies protecting nadia. whoever ordered him to protect nadia, could have also ordered vaughn to watch over and protect syd. hence the "chosen one".

any thoughts???

alos, aol has a clip of the clifhanger!

are we allowed to post spoilers on here????

OK wow that seriously had to be the best season finale/episode every in Alias. It's the perfect cliffhanger!
Personally I think Vaughn was hired early on as part of Sloanes plan to watch over Syd and make sure she helped in bringing down SD6 also I believe he has been working with Irina. The whole car crash thing, someone had to know Vaughn was going to tell her because they were getting married, maybe Lauren hit them that would certainly bring an interesting twist into next season. As for the whole "my name is Michael Vaughn" that just blew me away and I will be stuck all summer wondering, "What the hell is his name if its nto Vaughn!!!" by the way does anyone know if Alias is starting in the Fall or in Jan again next season? God it better be the fall I cant handle a cliff hanger like that until Jan, thats just cruel and unusual tourture!

[/QUOTE]

Who did Vaughan work for? Sloan. Sloan knew Jack and Sydney were doubles, but did nothing about it. Vaughan was the one tasked with taking down the Alliance. Sloan needed to get rid of the Alliance. It makes sense for Sloan to have placed Vaughan in CIA to direct/strongly influence the Alliance case, so that he (Sloan) could manage the way it played out. It could even reinforce the subtext that Sloan has always looked out for Syd (in a very weird way, sure, but think how many times he could have killed her but didn't). Vaughan was watching Syd, controlling how she attacked the Alliance to a degree, but also protecting her.

Love this theory too!! I makes so much sense.
Sloane's goal was to get rid of the Alliance. He knew Sydney found out the
truth and would eventually go to the CIA. Vaughns assignment - to get into
the CIA, become Sydneys handler while helping her to take down the Alliance.
So Syd thinks she's getting her revenge but she was actually doing Sloane's
dirty work. After the Alliance was taken down, Vaughn had fallen in love with
Syd. Don't know why he didn't tell her sooner, but I love it!!!

Identity_unknown said:
OK wow that seriously had to be the best season finale/episode every in Alias. It's the perfect cliffhanger!
Personally I think Vaughn was hired early on as part of Sloanes plan to watch over Syd and make sure she helped in bringing down SD6 also I believe he has been working with Irina. The whole car crash thing, someone had to know Vaughn was going to tell her because they were getting married, maybe Lauren hit them that would certainly bring an interesting twist into next season. As for the whole "my name is Michael Vaughn" that just blew me away and I will be stuck all summer wondering, "What the hell is his name if its nto Vaughn!!!" by the way does anyone know if Alias is starting in the Fall or in Jan again next season? God it better be the fall I cant handle a cliff hanger like that until Jan, thats just cruel and unusual tourture!
[post="1356913"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

as of now, its septemberish, thursdays at 8

ok. so first off, when santa barbara came on the screen, i jumped out of my chair and sat right in front of the television. and then as soon as he said his name wasn't michael vaughn...i was like who the heck are you then!?!?! you're name has to be michael vaughn...it's just sooo sexy and it fits him...am i wrong? i don't think so. haha and then when the car hit them..it scared the felgercarb out of me. i jumped...lol and then i started to cry..like i was really crying hard. i'm so upset. and it may just be me, but i'm just an alias addict....it's not healthy at all. i'm so obsessed with the show. haha

So this is what i think:

- Vaughn worked with Jack in the KGB back then and thats why he and vaughn are always so tense around on another.
- Vaughn used to work for Irina...and maybe jack doesn't like vaughn because he used to work for irina and well by working for her, vaughn betrayed the us.
-vaughn gets amnesia and can't remember what to tell sydney..and syd needs to search for vaughn's past and figure out what he was gonna tell her.

sorry if you guys already posted this...i didn't read all of them! but september can't come fast enough...haha it better not start back up in january again...i can't wait that long. seriously. and sydney and vaughn better still stay together through all this cause i'm such a s/v shipper and i've been waiting 4 years for that proposal...and that ring better stay on her finger!!!! but i'm also hoping that all of this is a dream. i didn't sleep that much last night...i was thinking about all the possibilities...and vaughn being cloned was one of them too! i hope not!

ILUVVAUGHNIE said:
as of now, its septemberish, thursdays at 8
[post="1356926"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Thanks, Thursday @ 8! Can't they jsut leave it alone where it is, lol maybe fox will move the O.C and my TV problems will be solved

This. Finale. Kicked. ASS!!!

It was a TOTALLY COMPLETELY SHOCKING ENDING (and great Bob Dylan song use at the end scene). No WONDER they were keeping the finale hush hush! NO ONE knew about this! It was crazy and I loved it. I just hope that they have an interesting explanation to this. Does anyone think maybe Syd knew all along what SD-6 really was, but didn't know she knew? Like she was brain washed that way? That was suggested a few times throughout the series (like in ep 1.17 "Q & A"?)

My Big and Small Questions:

1.) Will Irina be back?

2.) Will they ever find a cure for Nadia? And, if she's gonna be under for a big part of the fifth season, and Jen will be pregnant, who's gonna be our female ass-kicker in the fall (it is returning in the fall, according to ABC)

3.) Who is Vaughn, really? Was he killed in the crash (it's very depressing for me if he was, also the fact that Vartan himself wasn't getting along with the cast, I feel kinda morbid, if that's the right word)? How badly was Sydney injured?

4.) If Sydney was injured, could they use that as an excuse for her being out of duty for while (the real reason Jen being 8 months pregnant in October?)

5.) WHERE THE HELL IS DIXON?? WTF HAPPENED TO HIM????

Thank god it's coming back in the fall. I can't wait for that and for the first ever Alias Yearbook. Supposedly the Alias 2005 Yearbook (in stores June 28) will give us big intel on S5, so that's good.

Great job! This was the best season I think so far!

3.) ... also the fact that Vartan himself wasn't getting along with the cast
I just can't see Michael Vartan not getting along with people...he seems so easy going. This just blows my mind (I'm sure it's connected to the ex relationship with Jennifer somehow)

5.) WHERE THE HELL IS DIXON?? WTF HAPPENED TO HIM????
No kidding!! Dixon should sue for not being in this episode :lol: But maybe he's in the hospital still from last week.

It was a pretty good finale, except it was kinda slow, they wrapped everything up a little too soon, and the ending.

I'm sick of JJ screwing up every single relationship on this show. It's getting ridiculous.

Back