Season 4 Rate: Detente

What did you think of "Detente"?

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
AliasFan#1 said:
What Sloane meant by "This is the last time I'm going to work with your daughter." was that he wanted her to phone for a transfer. At the end he said I phoned Chase and she's expecting a phone call from you about your transfer or something ot that affect. Argh I really should let the episodes sink in before voting. I voted good but thinking about it I'm starting to think it was great. AND OMFG!  I CAN NOT WAIT TILL NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!  :woot:  :woot:  :woot:  I just saw the AOL promo and the promo for ABC  and I'm going to die.  :thud: :thud: :thud: Can someone please get me a paper bag I can't breath. :thud: :thud: :thud:
[post="1217673"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

:lol: *hands over paperbag* and now you look like this! --> :bag:

:lol:

--Mandy :angelic:

That was so awesome! The spysises totally rocked.

I loved:

Syd understanding that Nadia's relationship w/ Sloane is similar to her's w/ Irina
The hotel mission (no fights, yet still interesting)
Continuity of Weiss' magic fetish
Wadia (Weiss is SO into her it is adorable)
More great Dixon monologues (I felt so bad about the Diane dreams)
The speech Syd gave that bad guy about Sloane- well done JG

And Sark and Anna are back next week. YES!!!! :D

Leslie said:
P.S. Is anyone else utterly annoyed by Syd's "strut"? :P
liked the strut, but it was just done at an inappropriate time and place.

I voted great for this eppisode.

The good:
_It was a good show over all. The ending didn’t seem rushed like most single episode shows do
_Lots of character tension. I was feeling pretty sorry for Sloan there.
_All the sister activities were neat, the shooting in the beginning, and the drinking in the beginning and end.
_Humm, I’m sure there is more… I guess I’ll post them when they come to mind…

The bad:
_Very Shaky Camera at times for no good reason! The worst of it was in the beginning, when Syd was talking with her sister just after Sloan left her house.
_Still wasn’t a cliffhanger, most major issues ended at the end of the show, and we don't have an evil empire to hate yet.

Overall, a very high quality ep. they continue to build up the various relations in APO, which they started in earnest last week and I'm glad they're continuing. The Nadia/Sloane/Sydney scenes were great, as was the Dixon/Sydney scene (finally Dixon is involved in Alias!), I'm glad they downplayed Jack and Vaugn's roles in this episode, and gave the amazing ensemble, with Ron, Mia, Kevin, Carl, and Greg all a chance to shine. And, best of all, we finally Syd and Nadia go on a mission together! I've been waiting seven weeks for that ^_^

AliasFan#1 said:
Hey! At least I'm breathing :P :bag: *breaths in then out* :bag:
[post="1217678"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:lol: Think what you want but I would never walk around AA with a bag on my head. :P
--Mandy :angelic:

Now this was good episode. If this continues, then I have no worries about S4. It had the perfect amount of action, suspense, comedy and subtext. I was getting a little worried about the quality of the show after last week's Nocturne episode, which I didn't like at all. But this is good, and Marshall is funny as hell as usual. And yes, cain't wait for next week. Gonna be so awesome.

Xin LI

Moot said:
_Still wasn’t a cliffhanger, most major issues ended at the end of the show, and we don't have an evil empire to hate yet.
[post="1217679"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Well, there's always Sloane, the enemy within. And with the return of Sark and Anna next week, we're gonna have lots of good villains. :D

xinli11 said:
Now this was  good episode.  If this continues, then I have no worries about S4.  It had the perfect amount of action, suspense, comedy and subtext.  I was getting a little worried about the quality of the show after last week's Nocturne episode, which I didn't like at all.  But this is good, and Marshall is funny as hell as usual.  And yes, cain't wait for next week.  Gonna be so awesome.

Xin LI
[post="1217706"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I think what's really good about this seaosn is that they dip into different... genres almost. Like last week it was totally on the sci-fi end, no doubt and this one was more dramatic, more realistic. I mean it's a good thing but it would be kinda nice to have a nice consistancy too. ;)
--mandy :angelic:

Oh and I have to add that the evil girlfriend twist totally got me. I didn't have clue! I love it when Alias surprises me. Even when we new the gf was bad, I didn't expect her to shoot Sloane's ex-colleague. That was cold.

i may be wrong here..but they ended the episode with freedom..by david gray they used the same song for the bath tub scene in...Firebomb? I thought that was the song they ended with today as well. I dont know i thought it was cool. But then again..we're talking about me lol.

facade47 said:
"It would be wierd if we were dating sisters." 

:rotflmao:
[post="1217570"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I wonder about that line. Does that mean that Weiss hasn't dated Nadia yet? Or that Syd and Vaughn are no longer dating. They are official estranged now? :angelic:

I thought this was a GREAT episode! Perhaps the best this season, and from the looks of next week's preview it is only going to get better!

The only thing I am really missing is interaction b/t Jack and Syd. It is like they are not even touching it....even after last week, you would think there at least would have been a conversation b/t the two of them. :(

I am also really liking Nadia's character...it is almost like Sydney has a Francie again, but in a sister....I just hope she is as good as she seems!

am i the only one who
felt sorry for arvin sloane tonight?
he kind of got pummeled by syd
(not without justification)
i mean i've seen all the doings of sloane
like killing dixon's wife because he killed
sloane's wife (accidentally)
and the francie debacle that sloane
was connected to
but the lingering rage
and the "i will never forgive you"
and the fury on her face still seemed
like too much
but i liked the sister bond
they support each other
they believe in each other
the scene at the end between nadia and
and syd was kind of cool
i like the weiss nadia
dynamic
he adores her
i continue to think marshall is the bomb
the ad breaks are wearing on me
there's less amount of show than there used to be
but i still love alias :cool:

sugababyboo said:
I’m on Sydney’s side.  Nadia knows everything that Sloane has done to Sydney, but she has not experienced it.  She has only had one incident; Sydney has a life time’s worth.

[post="1217668"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I agree with you. I liked this episode because it did kinda go back to the style of the first 3 seasons of alias which they desperately needed to do.. and i LOVED the tension between syd and sloane!! i dont feel sorry for him at all.. he deserves all of it! Now, the only thing i really have mixed emotions about is Nadia. I like her a lot, I just dont like the fact that shes becoming exactly like Sydney. Does anyone else notice how Sydney has always been the best agent they had.. and everyone knew it. and now its like, anything syd can do nadia can do. Sydney is the star of the show, not nadia. Its cool when Vaughn comes and saves Sydneys life last minute when shes not doing so hot in a fight, because theyve worked together for 3 years and its just different when Nadia runs in and saves her. Its like.. Nadia's being portrayed as having the same skill level as sydney. maybe not skill-level.. its hard to explain. for instance, when she used the door of the safe as a weapon to smash the guys head, that was DEFINATELY a sydney move. I dont mind seeing Syd and Nadia on missions together and all.. but what happened to Syd and Dixon? or better yet Syd and Vaughn? speaking of syd and vaughn, (which was the only other complaint i have about this episode... where were the S/V moments?!?) I think the Wadia thing is cute and all.. but i dont really like how its being compared to sydney and vaughn. Even when Weiss was obsessing over Nadia, and he was saying "shes the greatest girl in the world..." i mean, for me, thats sydney. not nadia. sydney is the greatest girl in the world, and it seems like the character of Nadia is taking away some of that... i dont know.. does anyone else get what im saying? lol im REALLY not trying to bash Nadia or anything, i do really like her character and am all in favor of her and sydney having a great relationship, i think they could both definately benefit from that. just let me know what you guys think...

ps next week looked AWESOME!!! there finally going back to the fight between the chosen one and the passenger!!! and YAY FOR SARK!! SO EXCITED!!!!!! :lol: :D :lol: :D

^ Yeah, I agree that Syd should be the best, not Nadia. For one thing she's been a spy longer and for another...she's Syd. I don't think Nadia went through Project Xmas did she? She spent most of her early childhood on Rambaldi juice at the hands of Suit and Glasses and then she was in an orphanage. But in the previews it looks like next week Syd gets to save Nadia, so that will even things out. :smiley:

Im glad someone else understood what i was saying.. it seemed like everyone was so happy about the whole "spy sisters" thing that no one noticed how much syd was sharing the spotlight. but your right, next week looks awesome!

Back